main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Flesh & Blood - Part II - H/L & OC - updated 4/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alaneia, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alaneia

Alaneia Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 1999
    GreatOne PM is sent...you can't be any older than I am.

jedi-lelila PM is also sent your way...sorry about sneaking up on you guys....I don't know what they possibly could have found

2. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    So.... they found the dungeon! :eek: Good post, and good PM! :D :D

And yes, jedi-lelila... I'm just about as old as Yoda! I was old enough to drive when the FIRST SW movie came out! *cringes*

3. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    Wow, GreatOne, you're just slightly older than I am.

4. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    Egad! They found the dungeon already? Poor Han! He's gonna have a nervous breakdown with all that's hitting the fan (over and over again)- I know he'll be thrilled to have his folk(s), don't get me wrong, it's just got to be a lot of emotion to handle for him. That rat Bothan had better steer clear of Han...nah, let him say one wrong word. It will only take one, I'm sure... [face_devil]

Wonder who'll they'll find first - Mom or Pop? (Guess I need to go back and reread the first story-weren't they both kept on Coruscant?) Let's hope Pop's mainframe integrity is intact-although how could you not go nuts after thirty years in a dungeon?

:confused:

5. rxchiquita

Apr 21, 2003
    ...and thanks for the PM! It was so touching and wonderfully done!

:D

6. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    rxchiquita Yes, Alaneia and Tobias were both kept on Coruscant. I'm glad you liked the PM.

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Ooh, the dungeon! Love Han getting flippantly used to royalty.

8. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    DarthIshtar The dungeon has been found :)

Okay, show of hands...who's ready for the Solo family reunion ? ? ? ?

9. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    Luke entered the palace, making his way through the maze of hallways, following the directions that Rieekan had given to him over the comlink. The General?s words echoed though his head, ?come quickly?, the man had said to him, ?and don?t tell Han or Leia anything.?

Luke quickened his pace, almost running. He reached the hole in the wall that had been blasted by Page?s Commandos to gain access to the dungeon. He carefully crawled through the hole, trying not to cause a collapse and turned left, making his way though the narrow corridor. Someone had the thinking to throw light sticks down on the ground. That was the only illumination in the dark place.

It smelled funny to him, moldy almost. It was like there was a leaky pipe somewhere that no one had ever bothered to fix. It was eerie, and the light sticks didn?t help the mood any. The whole place had an eerie aura of despair and death. He wanted to get out of there as quickly as he could.

He finally saw Rieekan around a turn, at the very end of a lonely corridor. He walked past the old cells with wooden doors, making his way to the General, almost scared to look inside them. ?General,? Luke greeted the man, ?what do you need me for??

Rieekan turned to face Luke, grimness filling his features. ?Luke, you didn?t tell Han and Leia you were coming here, did you??

?Well, I told Leia, but Han was busy in the galley. Why?? Luke asked.

Rieekan was blocking the door. ?Because we?ve found someone in this cell, I think its Han?s father.?

?What?? Luke asked. He pushed by Rieekan, entering the cell, stopping in his tracks. His mouth dropped open at the sight before him. There was a man that looked exactly like Han lying on the hard floor of the room. More surprisingly there was some kind of force-field surrounding the man.

?What is it?? Luke asked.

?It?s called a stasis field.? Rieekan explained, ?It was used during the Jedi Purge to hold Jedi. Somehow, the field manipulates the Force, creating a pocket in time.?

Luke looked at Rieekan, ?you don?t think he?s been here the whole time, do you??

Rieekan shrugged his shoulders, ?I don?t know. But I need you to get him out of it.?

?Me?? Luke questioned. ?I don?t even know how it works.?

?Look, the Force surrounds all living things, even beings that are not Force-sensitive, right?? Rieekan asked.

Luke nodded his head in agreement.

?Okay, then stretch out and feel his life-force, and then you should be able to break the hold on it.? Rieekan explained further. ?That?s all that this field is, a hold on him.?

Luke nodded his head slowly, ?all right, but will he survive the break??

Rieekan sighed, ?I think so. It?s not like he?s frozen in carbonite, for example, he?s just frozen in time. He?ll be fine.?

?But, when he awakes, he might take us for the enemy. What if he fights back??

Rieekan contemplated that for a moment, ?you?re right about that Luke.? He turned to Lieutenant Page, ?is the rest of the Palace clean??

The lieutenant snapped to attention, ?yes, sir, everything has been checked out except for the Emperor?s personal suite of apartments.?

Rieekan nodded his head, ?take your team and finish up there. If you find anything interesting, give me a call. If it?s clear, give the signal so the rest of the personnel can come in.? He paused for a moment, ?this is top secret information, tell your team I don?t want anyone talking about this. If Han finds out about this the wrong way, he?ll kill us all.?

Page gave a quick salute and walked away, calling his team to follow behind him. Rieekan drew his blaster, setting it on stun, ?just in case.? He said to Luke. ?It?ll probably be better with just the two of us here than a whole commando team.?

Luke nodded his head in agreement, ?let?s do this then.?

10. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    Lieutenant Page and his commandos exited the lift, entering the Emperor?s apartments. All the walls were painted a deep red, almost like blood. It was sparsely decorated, with a table here and a sofa there. There wasn?t much artwork hanging around.

There just wasn?t anything.

He began to scan the main room he was in for explosives. That was a negative, but the room was bugged with listening devices, as was much of the Palace. He sure was paranoid, Page thought to himself as he heard one of his team members curse in an adjoining room.

?Page, get Rieekan up here.? He heard Dag call to him.

Page ran to the room, entering it quickly. He stopped in his tracks when he saw what was before him. ?Oh my god,? he whispered as he saw the slab of carbonite hanging on the wall.

The rest of the commando team entered the room, staring at the woman on the wall. Dag looked at Page, ?that can?t be Han?s mother.?

Page walked closer to the slab, checking the life sensor, ?whoever she is, she?s still alive.? He tried calling Rieekan, but there was no answer. He turned to Dag. ?Seal off the Emperor?s apartments, everything else is okay, give the signal.?

?Whoever she is, she?ll have to stay there until Rieekan gets here.?

11. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    WOW! They found both of them fast! And Alaneia was hanging in Palpy's apartment??? Grrr. that nasty old Sith!

12. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    Yep...they're found...I'm not much at writing long stories...

13. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    more mush . . . . .

It was late when the all-clear signal was finally given. Leia looked at Han, smiling, ?I really don?t feel like going in that place yet.? She said. They had been sitting in the Falcon?s cockpit, watching for hours.

Han smiled, ?I don?t want to go in there either.?

She smiled seductively at him, ?do you think that maybe we could hide in here one more night?? She asked.

Han smiled at her, ?are you trying to seduce me, Princess??

She got up from her chair, sitting in his lap, ?yes, Your Lordship.?

He laughed at her, ?I think it might be working.?

She kissed him passionately, wrapping her arms around him. ?I love you.?

?I love you too,? he said against her lips. ?Why don?t we go somewhere more private before Chewie comes in and disturbs us??

She rose from his lap, bowing before him, ?my wish is your command, Your Lordship.?

She?s really enjoying this royalty stuff, Han thought to himself. ?Really?? He asked.

She nodded her head.

?I have a lot of wishes, are you sure you?re up to them??

She chuckled as she grabbed his hand, leading him out of the cockpit. ?I don?t know, but I?m going to have fun finding out.?

14. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    Rieekan watched as Luke leaned against the cell wall, closing his eyes. The younger man reached out with the Force, connecting with the man in the middle of the room. He searched him, finding the hold that had been placed on the man.

And he broke it.

Luke fell to the floor. The strength that it took to break the hold was immense, and it had drained him. Rieekan began to move towards Luke, but he put up his hand, stopping him. ?I?m fine,? Luke said. ?Check on him.?

Rieekan nodded his head, stopping in his tracks and moving towards Tobias. ?Mr. Solo,? Rieekan began. ?Can you hear me??

Tobias sat up slowly, using muscles that hadn?t been used in over thirty years. ?Yeah, I can hear you. I?m sore, not deaf.?

Rieekan smiled to himself. ?My name is General Carlist Rieekan,?

?Good for you,? Tobias interjected.

Rieekan shook his head, ?I?m a General with the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and the Emperor is dead. You?re on Coruscant, but you?re safe.?

Tobias tried to stand, but ended up falling back down.

?You?ve been in stasis, that?s why it?s hard for you to move. It?ll take a couple of days, but you?ll be fine.?

?I don?t have a couple of days; I have to find my wife.? He looked at Rieekan, ?I don?t believe the holo-vids, and she?s not dead. And my son, I have to get back to my son.?

Rieekan sat on the floor beside him, ?you?ve been here for a long time, it took a long time for us to overthrow the Emperor.?

?How long have I been here??

?Thirty years.? He said quietly.

?What?? He asked in disbelief.

?I?m sorry, if your wife lives somewhere, I promise I will do everything in my power to help you find her.? He motioned at Luke, ?that is Luke Skywalker, he helped free you.?

He shot a look at Luke, ?that kid??

Luke rolled his eyes.

Rieekan laughed softly, ?I can?t make any promises about Alaneia, but your son is safe.?

Tobias? eyes perked up, ?Han? You know Han? Is he here??

Rieekan nodded his head, ?yes, and we can arrange for him to come to you. But I?m going to get someone down here to help you to medical; you?re going to need minor attention.?

Tobias agreed slowly, ?and Alaneia, she hasn?t been found here??

He shook his head sadly, ?no.?

Rieekan turned on his comlink to call for medical when he heard Page calling for him, ?General Rieekan, come in General Rieekan.?

?Rieekan here.? He answered.

?I gave an all clear, everything?s okay except the Emperor?s apartments, those have been sealed off.? He explained.

?What?s wrong there?? He asked.

?I think you?d better come see yourself.? He answered.

Rieekan turned to Luke, ?can you help him to medical? I have to get to the Emperor?s apartments.?

Luke nodded his head, ?sure, I can. What?s wrong??

?I don?t know,? he said. ?After you get him settled, go out and get Han.?

Luke nodded as Rieekan left. He walked over to Tobias, helping the man to his feet. ?Come on, let?s get you taken care of.?

?Do you know Han?? He asked.

Luke smiled, ?yeah, he?s married to my sister.?

?Married, does he have children??

?Not yet,? Luke said as they walked out of the cell slowly. ?They just married a week and a half ago, though.?

?Really?? Tobias asked.

?Yeah, after the Battle of Endor.?

?The Battle of Endor?? He asked.

?Yeah, that was the battle where we finally defeated the Empire.? Luke explained.

?Well, how did you and your sister meet up with him?? He asked.

Luke laughed, ?that?s a long story.?

15. rxchiquita

Apr 21, 2003
    Oh, goody, goody, goody...

...so far, so good...

16. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999

No more updates until tomorrow.

Uppers 'til then :):):):)

17. HerHighness33

HerHighness33 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2004
    Loved the posts! I can't wait for Han to "meet" his parents! :)
    Thanks for all the quick updates! I'm lovin' it! :cool:

18. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    Hey! PM Me too!!! :)

19. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    hehe. So... Han is about as old as his parents! LOL! That's going to take some getting used to, for both Han AND his parents! :eek: :D

20. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Ha ha ha! This is absolutely brilliant! I was unsure, at first, whether I'd like it or not, but you've thoroughly convinced me!! I'm loving it!

21. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Finally caught up with all of your posts. Great story! And, I love all of the H/L mush. It is a beautiful thing. I would love to get any PM's you send out.

Can't wait to see when Han meets his parents, and when Han's parents see each other again. Han's mother has got to have quite a recovery ahead of her after spending 30 years in carbonite.

22. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    That kid? - LOL Han and his father really are alike (I think that's the right word. sorry I didn't sleep much last night and I'm actually tired)

Great posts :)

~Lelila @};-

GO: And yes, jedi-lelila... I'm just about as old as Yoda! I was old enough to drive when the FIRST SW movie came out! *cringes* - :eek: I've always thought you were younger.

23. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    I've always thought you were younger- LOL! Nope! I'm as old as dirt! :D

24. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    HerHighness33: Thanks, it's about time to introduce Han & Tobias :)

Sologirl: I'll add you to the list

GreatOne: Yeah, Han is only about six years or so younger than Tobias and Leia and Alaneia are only a couple of years apart. So, it could be possible that Alaneia and Tobias could still have children.

LauraAnu: I'm happy I won you over :)

SoloFan:Yeah, it's going to be a little harder on her that it will be for Tobias....

jedi-lelila: Like father, like son ;)

More later on.

Thanks everyone :)

25. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    Rieekan exited the lift into Palpatine?s apartments, Page was there to meet him as he exited, ?okay, so what?s going on here?? He asked.

?Follow me,? Page said as he led the General into a small side chamber, pointing at the slab of carbonite on the wall. ?Look at his choice of decoration.?

?Oh Gods,? Rieekan said. ?That can?t be who I think it is.?

?Whoever it is,? Page began. ?She?s still alive. We?ve got to get her out of there. Han?s going to flip out when he finds this out.?

?Get a medical team up here now.? Rieekan said, agreeing with Page. ?We can?t just unfreeze her, though. She?s been in too long.?

?We can?t just leave her there on the wall.? He said.

Rieekan nodded in agreement, ?agreed, get her down from there, and out of here. Cover her with a blanket or something and take her down to medical yourselves instead of getting them up here.?

Luke and Tobias talked the entire way to the Medical Bay. Luke realized that Han and Tobias were very much alike. Luke made sure that he was comfortable before telling him good-bye.

?Are you going to see Han?? He asked.

?Yeah, I?m going to go now.? Luke said. He checked his wrist chrono, ?he should still be awake.?

?What does he look like, so I?ll know when I see him.? He asked.

Luke laughed, ?Just like you, but his hair is a little darker.?

Tobias grinned as Luke left the room.

His grin faded quickly as he thought about Alaneia. If she would have only had a little faith in him, maybe all of this could have been prevented. He wished that she would have just took his first bit of advice and just ran away, but that wasn?t like her.

She never ran away from anything.

He thought back to the times when they first met, past his broken nose, to the times where he had begun working at the shipyards. He remembered the first day that he went there, finding the supervisor that was on the card that she had given him. The older man took one look at his bandaged nose and laughed. However later on that day, shortly after his lunch break, a medic found him and took car of his nose.

It was weeks before he found out that Alaneia had sent the medic to find him.

After that, they started running into each other all the time on the yards; which was amazing to him due to the size of the operation. Then sometimes he could catch her staring at him. She always spoke to him, she wasn?t like the majority of the Corellian nobility, it was like she was just another girl. He was always nice to her, using her proper titles, until one day she came up to him. He had been working on a hyperdrive motivator when he heard her voice behind him.

?Sorry about the scar.? She said.

?What scar?? He asked as he turned to face her.

She moved closer to him, touching his nose gently, ?that one.?

Her touch inflamed him, but he only smiled at her, ?it?s okay, just another on the list.?

She smiled, ?well I?m sorry anyway.?

?I should be the one apologizing to you; I tried to steal your purse.? He said.

?That?s okay,? she said. ?No harm done.?

?How about I take you out to dinner,? he said, ?to apologize properly.?

She nodded her head in agreement, ?okay, sure.?

He didn?t expect her to say yes, and her words almost made him fall on the ground, ?okay,? he finally stammered, amazed.

She laughed at him, ?come up to my office and pick me up about eight.? She said as she walked away from him.

He blinked away the sudden tears that the memories brought to his eyes.

His princess was gone forever.

His son was a grown man, who might hate his guts for leaving him.

He closed his eyes and prayed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.