main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Flesh & Blood - Part II - H/L & OC - updated 4/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alaneia, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    Loved it!

I want more!!!!!!!

I love how you post 2 x a day!!!

2. Alaneia

Alaneia Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 1999
    Sologirl Your wish is my command. . . .

Luke exited the palace and walked into the cool night air, moving towards the Falcon. He made his way up the ramp, running into Chewie.

?Hey Chewie,? he said. ?Is Han here??

*Yeah, he?s at the chess table*

?Thanks,? Luke said as he moved past the wookie, calling for Han, ?Han??

?Yeah, kid, I?m in here.? Han called to him.

Luke smiled at the kid remark as he walked into the room, sitting across from a barefoot Han, which was busy shuffling a deck of cards. ?Hey, I need to see you.?

?I?m here kid, what took so long for the all-clear??

?Well, it?s not common knowledge, but there?s a centuries-old dungeon underneath the palace.? Luke said.

?Really?? Han asked.

?Yeah, we found something, well, someone in it.?

?Who was it?? Han asked.

?It was your father.? He said quietly.

?That?s not very funny Luke,? Han said.

?It?s not meant to be, I?m telling the truth.? Luke said seriously. ?He asked about you.?

?He asked?? Han said, ?You mean he?s alive??

Luke nodded his head, ?yeah, he?s alive. He?s been in stasis.?

Han sat back, quiet for a moment. ?He asked about me?? He whispered.

?Yeah, I left him in the medcenter.? Luke said. ?He asked about your mother first, then you.?

Han rose from the table, pulling his boots out of a corner and pulling them on. Luke watched as he opened an overhead compartment and pulled out a bottle of whiskey and two glasses. He looked to Luke, ?if he?s been there that long, then he?s got to need a drink.?

Luke laughed as Han walked away.

He thought that they would be okay after all.

3. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    Luke watched as he opened an overhead compartment and pulled out a bottle of whiskey and two glasses. He looked to Luke, ?if he?s been there that long, then he?s got to need a drink.?

LOL - OMG that is priceless!! Han is such a realist.

4. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    LOL - OMG that is priceless!! Han is such a realist. - My thoughts exactly! [face_laugh]

~Lelila @};-

5. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Great posts! Han sure is getting one major shock right after the other.... he'll need that entire bottle of whiskey himself before this day is through! :D

6. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    Han made his way to the medcenter, but quickly realized that he didn?t know where the medcenter was. He cursed to himself as he asked directions from a protocol droid and made his way to the nearest turbolift.

His stomach was in knots. He couldn?t remember ever being this nervous in his entire life. As the doors opened, he took a deep breath and walked out into the quiet medcenter. It was well past midnight, so he really didn?t expect for there to be a whole lot going on there. The nurse on duty saw him and pointed down the hall, ?third room on the right, General Solo.? She said quietly.

Han nodded his thanks to her and walked in the direction she pointed him to, stopping beside the door. He took another deep breath and entered the room quietly.

He saw the man on the bed, eyes closed. It was like looking at himself. He walked closer and spoke quietly, ?I thought that you could use a drink.?

The man?s eyes shot open and he sat up immediately, taking the first look at the son he hadn?t seen in thirty years. He was dumbstruck; he had no idea what to say.

Han sat on the edge of the bed, pouring whiskey into the glasses, ?you do drink, don?t you?? He asked, trying to elicit some kind of response out of his father.

Tobias slowly nodded his head, ?yeah, and your mother hates it.?

Han smiled, ?we won?t tell her when we see her, then.? He handed his father his drink.

Tobias laughed, ?okay, son.? He took a sip of his drink, ?strong stuff.?

?I?m sorry; I probably should have gotten you something a little lighter.?

Tobias shook his head, ?no, this is just what I needed.? He was silent for a moment, ?you didn?t bring a deck of cards did you??

Han shook his head, ?nope, do you play sabbacc??

Tobias nodded his head, ?yeah, when you were about a month old, your mom came in and found me showing you the sabbacc deck, explaining each card to you.?

?How did she like that?? He asked.

?She didn?t give me too hard a time on that one.? He said, smiling.

?Why?? Han asked.

?Why what?? Tobias asked.

?Why didn?t you two just run away? Why were the ships sabotaged?? Han asked.

It was Tobias?s turn to take a deep breath. ?The Emperor ruined your mother?s life. All her family and most of her friends died in the Purge. I think she wanted a little revenge. Your mom kept things to herself a lot, so it?s hard for me to tell you why she did some of the things that she did. I did want her to run away.?

Han nodded his head, ?why weren?t you captured with her.?

Tobias emptied his glass at that question, motioning for Han to re-fill it for him. As Han poured, Tobias began speaking. ?You mom knew that I would die to protect her from Palpatine if that needed to be done. Well, I had been working on a prototype freighter, that later became the YT-1300, but I was making my own special modifications to it, which led me to try to purchase an illegal hyperdrive system. Well, your mom found out about it and turned me in. I was on a prison ship to Kessel when your mom was captured.?

Han?s eyes were wide open, ?she sent you to Kessel??

?Yeah, but she already told Dapaka what she was doing. He came and got me out after a month or so.? Tobias finished.

?Then what did you do??

?You probably can?t remember, you were too young, but I spent a week with you on Kashyyyk before leaving to try to find your mother. Your mom was on the fastest thing she could have gotten her hands on when she was captured, I built the Millennium Falcon myself, but I had disengaged the hyperdrive system-?

Han interrupted him, ?The Millennium Falcon??

?Yeah, that?s the name your mom finally came up for it. But like I was saying, I had taken the hyperdrive out already to put the better one it-?

Han interrupted him again, ?The Millennium Falcon??

?Yes, son, The Millennium Falcon; anyways, she tried to escape in it, but there was no hyperdrive.? He finished.

Han was in disbelief, ?I don?t believe this.? He got up and moved to the window. He could see the Falcon from where he was at.

7. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    Is that Twilight Zone theme music in the background?

;)

8. jedi-lelila

Jun 14, 2003
    ?She?s in carbonite.? - I wonder how Han will react? [face_worried]

~Lelila @};-

9. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Yet ANOTHER thing Han and his mother will have in common! The horrible experience of being in carbonite! Eeek! Poor Alaneia! She's going to be in for a shock, too! :eek:

10. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    YAY!! I love how you keep posting!! WOW, definitely like father, like son....the similarities are uncanny!

Can't wait to see the reaction Alaneia will have when she sees her son again, hey i just had a thought...she is going to be able to see, right??

I love the angst free stories here! It is so uncommon on the boards!

Hey, where is my PM, pretty please!

11. cassandane

cassandane Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2003
    Wow this foray into the boards was MOST successful.

Very interesting story Alaneia! I'll have to check out Part I also.

Thanks a bunch, I'm enjoying this. Look forward to more and can I also have any PM's you have? I'm old enough, saw SW in the theatre back in the day...

Good job! Can't wait to see what happens next.

12. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    rxchiquita I was thinking more about Maroon 5's She Will Be Loved, but I guess I can see where Twilight Zone might be appropriate.

jedi-lelila I think Han will be his usual calm self ;)

GreatOne I'll be a shock to her, Han was still in diapers when she last saw him. Also, remember how she felt about her father, and he died when Alderaan was destroyed.

Sologirl I haven't forgot about the PM, I'll send it now. On Alaneia's sight... haven't decided yet.

cassandane thanks :) Glad a new reader found me.

13. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    Han Solo had never fainted in his life.

When he came back to consciousness, Rieekan and his father were standing over him, ?Han,? Rieekan said. ?Come on, get up son.?

Han?s legs were weak as he stood up, ?did you say she was in carbonite??

Rieekan nodded his head, ?I?m afraid so.?

?Where was she at?? Tobias asked.

Rieekan averted his eyes slightly, not wanting to answer the question.

?General, where was she at?? Han repeated his father?s question.

?She was in the Emperor?s personal apartments.? He said quietly.

Their mouths dropped open in surprise, ?what?? Han finally managed to ask.

?She was hanging on the wall. Page?s team found her.? He said, exhaling deeply. ?She?s here now, but we need permission to unfreeze her.?

Han was quiet, too lost in his own thoughts to hear what the General was saying, ?you have to get her out of there.? He said, ?It?s painful.?

?What?? Tobias asked.

?Being in carbonite, it?s painful. You can?t breathe or move or even think clearly.? He looked to his father, ?I?ll tell you that story later. Look, she?s better off dead than trapped in there. She?s in her own personal hell.? He turned to Rieekan, ?you have to get her out of there.?

Rieekan looked to Tobias, ?if your father agrees, I?ll have them go ahead with the unfreezing process. But she?s been in there a long time, and we don?t know what may happen when she comes out of it.?

?I want to see her first.? Tobias said.

Han looked at him bewildered, ?are you sure??

He slowly nodded his head, ?yeah, I need to see her. I understand if you don?t want to go with me.?

Han shook his head slowly, ?I?ll go with you.?

Rieekan nodded his head, ?let?s go then.?

The men walked out of the room, Tobias leaning on Han for support, and walked down the corridor. Rieekan walked slowly, so they could keep up with him. They arrived at a door, Rieekan moving away so they could enter. ?You can take all the time that you need.? He said as he walked away from them, ?I?ll get the medical team ready.?

Nothing could have prepared them for the sight that they were met with.

Han did not have any memory of the woman that was laying before him in carbonite. All he had ever seen of her was the picture he had been given only days before.

His father, on the other hand, had plenty.

On his own, Tobias walked to the table where the slab of carbonite was placed, gently touching her frozen hands with his, ?why did it have to be like this?? He asked.

Slowly, Han moved closer, taking a long look at the woman before him.

?I know that you can?t remember, but she used to take you with her to her office everyday.? Tobias said quietly. ?The family house had a large garden, and we used to take you out there almost every afternoon and play with you.?

?I wish I could remember.? Han said quietly.

?I wish you could also.? Tobias said.

They stood there for a long while together, looking at her. ?Dad,? Han finally said. ?Let?s let them get her out of there.?

Tobias nodded his head and let Han lead him away from Alaneia. Rieekan was waiting for them outside, along with a team of medial technicians. ?Go ahead,? Han said quietly.

Rieekan nodded his head, motioning to the team of medics behind him, ?Let?s go.?

14. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Arrghhh! Poor Han! He fainted... :(

And poor Alaneia.. I remember the ESB book said very few people survived carbonite, and most of those that survived went insane! Poor Alaneia! And she's been trapped in that horror for so long! :_|

15. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    Wow, this story just keeps on getting better! I didn't know it was possible. If I ever miss replying to any posts it's because I can't keep up with your posting schedule, not because I've stopped reading.

I'm so glad you're reading my story! I can understand that you're not quite finished yet, since it is about 67 chapters long right now. I can hardly even remember what happened at the beginning of my story at this point.

I would like the PM...I'm old enough to see rated-R movies, at least. I'll be 18 in five months... *bats eyelashes*

16. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    3 posts in one day - FABULOUS!!!

It will be interesting to see what 30 years in carbonite have done to Han's mom. It could be scary.

17. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Alaneia, you need to write more stories, so I can have more multiple update days! Woohoo! I love it!

18. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    GreatOne Yeah, the ESB book said that not many survied the carbonite with their sanity intact, but I have a feeling she'll make it okay.

PrincessDaisy2 Thanks :) I'm still working on your story, I love it so far :)

SoloFan The next couple of posts is going to be very interesting.

Laura_Anu I might write more after I finish this one.

19. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    This is a short post, and it's going to be the only one today. My youngest child is sick and I'm afraid I'm going to be busy with him.

The medics rushed into the room right after the Solo men walked out. Han and Tobias was watching the medics from the observation window outside the room, wondering what was going to happen when she got out of the carbonite.

The team surrounded Alaneia, pushing the buttons on the control panel, activating the unfreezing process. They watched as the carbonite melted away from her body, revealing her porcelain skin and long brown hair.

She breathed in her first breath of air in thirty years.

She blinked her eyes slowly as one of the medics touched her arm to help her sit up, but she slapped him away from her as hard as she could, ?don?t touch me.? She yelled at him.

One of the other medics, a female walked closer to her, ?Alaneia,?

Alaneia didn?t let her finish, slapping the medic to the ground, ?stay away from me.?

At the observation window, Tobias cursed under his breath and grabbing what strength he had left he ran into the room on his own accord, going to his wife.

?Alaneia,? he spoke to her in Corellian. ?Stop it, they?re medics, they?re trying to help you.? He made his way to her, wrapping his arms around her.

She slapped him, ?how do I know it?s you?? She cried at him.

Tobias grabbed her hand gently, putting it to his nose, tracing his scar with her hand, ?remember that?? He asked quietly.

He watched her as her lip trembled, ?I?m sorry.?

He wrapped his arms around her, ?it?s okay, just quit hitting people, okay??

?I can?t see.? Alaneia said.

?It?s okay, they can help you.? Tobias said.

She began to cry into his arms, ?don?t let them put me back in there.?

20. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    Wonderful job.

take care of your little one. Hope He feels better soon.

21. HerHighness33

HerHighness33 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2004
    :_| aww, poor Alaneia (Han's mom, not you ;) )! :_|

You know what I'm REALLY looking forward to... when Leia gets to meet her in-laws! It'll be quite interesting, I'm sure... :D

I hope your youngest gets better, Alaneia!!

22. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    Great post. :D I'm also looking forward to Leia meeting her in-laws. I hope your child gets better soon. They're your first priority, so don't worry about posting.

Hopefully the insane chapters of my story don't scare you off. ;)

23. jedi-lelila

Jun 14, 2003
    Han fainted! :eek: That was really unexpected.

And his mother is blind :_| I expected this, but it still is difficult. :( Poor Alaneia.

~Lelila @};-

PS: Hope your little boy is getting better.

24. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Short, but good! :D - I liked how she kept hitting people. Not an unexpected reaction, really.

And I hope your child is feeling better, too!

25. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    I just caught up!! This is great. Help her see again, she needs to see her son!!! And get Leia back in on this!!

Hope you baby feels better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.