main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Flight to the Core: The Origin of the Corellian System

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CptCorranHorn, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    Greetings all :)

What we have here is a round robin fic featuring the Origin of the Corellian System.

If you'd like to get involved in the story, please stop by CorSec, the Corellian Fan Club in the EUC, or PM myself, the creator of CorSec and leader of this merry gang of Round Robiner's ;)

We welcome anyone willing to get involved :)

So as not to keep you waiting long, here is the Prologue:

Flight to the Core: The Origin of the Corellian System

The room was in shadow, dimly lit only by the low emminations that happened to seep in from the quiet hallway. But it was not empty. In the center of this classroom sat a boy. He was not as young as his fellow classmates who had recently vacated this inner room of the Jedi Temple; he was on the verge of manhood. And that was why he was here.

?I think it is time I sent you to Coruscant,? said Vaden Halcyon as he let his gaze roam over the countryside. He and his son sat on a hillock, resting after their long practice with sparring swords. ? There you will learn much from the various Jedi Masters: The history of our Order, its deepest foundations and its great versatilities.?
    Nejaa thought about that for a few moments and then raised his eyes to meet his father?s.
    ?But can?t you teach me that here, as you have taught me from the beginning? I would rather stay here on Corellia.?
    Vaden laughed and clapped his son on the shoulder. ?You?ll not learn versatility here! The Jedi Knights of this world tend to innure themselves here. We are not the only sentient beings in this galaxy; and our duty is to all - not just Corellia - though our planet seems to need us more than they think.? He rose and straightened his tunic. ?Come, your mother will be waiting dinner for us and you know how unhappy she gets if we?re late.?
    ?We?ll have to eat it cold.? Nejaa said, the thought adding a frown to his already gloomy face.

?Corellia. Home.? Nejaa whispered. Master Yoda says that our home is the galaxy, and that we should study our home and learn about its peoples and their traditions and open to their needs. And he says that we must know our home if we are to know ourselves. He stirred restlessly, raising his head from his contemplation and gazing past the walls that enclosed him.
    But Corellian history says that our system was planned, ordered. We did not evolve there nor did the planets that orbit Corel with us! Where did we come from? How did we get there?
    ?I must find out!? the young student declared aloud. He rose from his crossed legged position and stood straight and tall. ?I will find out!?
    ?Hey, Nejaa! Why are you still in here?? the voice of one of his classmates jolted him out of his reverie. ?It?s dinner time! Come on!?
    Nejaa smiled and turned toward the door. ?I?m coming, Obi-Wan, I?m coming.?

Nejaa Halcyon stepped quietly into the chamber and sank into the customary cross-legged sitting position. He folded his hands loosely before him and closed his eyes. Master Yoda would speak when the proper time came. Nejaa would be patient.
    At last, the wizened little Master opened his eyes and looked at the boy. A ghost of a smile tickled the corners of his mouth. Pleased, I am with this youngling. He is calm and centered. And curious! Good, this is.
    ?Welcome, young Padawan. A question you have for me, hmm??
    Nejaa raised his eyes, but hesitated a moment before speaking. A slight frown creased his brow.
    ?Yes, Master Yoda, I do have a question.? He took a deep breath. ?Last week, you spoke to us about the importance of knowing who we are, of knowing our home, which is the galaxy. In pondering over this, I realized that, although I know I am from Corellia, I do not know where my planet came from or how it came to be there. I know our solar system is man-made - it did not evolve. I want to find out why - and how.
    ?I have s

2. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

*pinches corran's cheek* awww i'm so proud of oo.

This is really interesting, i like the plot thus far (can't really tell whats going to happen in the first post). And its got Yoda! and he's the man so i'm happy. :D

3. Daarthe_Lemelemie

Daarthe_Lemelemie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    oooh... shiny :D

RESPECT ZONE! ;)

you rock, sweetheart ;) :D

4. Mirax-Terrik

Mirax-Terrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2002
    YAY!!!! Great Start Cap! I Love it!

5. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    Rose: thanks for reading, stay tuned, I'm sure you'll love it

Lemel: thanks babe ;)

Mirax: actually, that first part was from Sis, I technically have post one, which should be up TOMORROW!!!!!!

6. jedi_master_ikrit

jedi_master_ikrit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    Seems you've been busy while I've been away, Corrk. Well, this story seems to be off to a good start, nice job Sis. And where's your post Corrk? "Tomorrow" was several days ago... ;)

7. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Yeah, you better start posting.Otherwise i'm going to have to tell everyone what your doing instead of posting! :p

8. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I like what I've seen so far... if this story ever gets off the ground, I'll be glad to help out (see similar post in the CorSec thread)

9. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    *bumps the thread up*

10. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    anybody here?

11. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    up while the Cpt works on the post...

12. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

*pokes story*

Hey Corran, babe, did ya forget about this?

13. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    I really like the idea of the story, but is there more comeing?
    ~Rosy

14. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Good Job.

Nice to hear a story about Corellia.

15. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    sorry, sorry, as the readers of my other stories know, I'm kinda strapped for free time, but when I get a chance to write, a post will be up

16. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    ...this story eerily close to being pronounced "dead"...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.