main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Flirt Junkies, Ho! Romance, Sex, and Erotica in the Galaxy Far Far Away, 2.0

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Speaking of Qui-Gon, wasn't his affair with Tahl heavily discouraged? (My memory of the Jedi Apprentice books is hazy, but I think I remember that happening). He did end up almost going rogue over it I think...

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I can see that.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Gorefiend like this.
  3. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    I tend to gowith the FWB scenario too as it sounds most mature and just to me. Also, I've always had this idea that Zeltros would have been a popular goal for Jedi on vacation (if Jedi ever go on vacation. I dunno. Do they?) I see a courtesan system more up an running during the Empire when women loose status. The paradox, of course, is that the system also creates new pockets of power, as good courtesans would becom both influental and aware of statesecrets - a thing Palpatine would be quick to make use of. While the ida of courtesans knowing this and that about Jedi sounds not so believable to me.

In general, I think it would be a matter for the single Jedi to find out how to arrange, and younger would probably look up to older, so the arrangements would change a bit over time too. I can see some of them being a bit shameful over their 'needs' though, as there's no indication the matter was dealt with by the Order.

I think there can be no doubt that an undercover agent operating in the millieus of the Empire plus whatever exotic planet making dealings with the Empire at least had to be prepared to use sex as part of their weapons arsenale. I don't think this was f.eks. Mara's first 'choise of weapons' and I don't think that was what seh was used for - but I find it hard to believe she wouldn't have been trained for that too. And in this, I could easily see courtesans as teachers.

But of course we don't see this in stories like CoO or Allegiance. The matter's far too controversial. The paradox is that I very much see it as part of the allure Mara's had on the readers from the start - "what was really her job", "how much was she forced to do" etc. But to straight out show it, probably wouldn't work.

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What do f.eks. stand for?

5. kataja

May 4, 2007
    f.ex.

6. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    For example, I believe. (Just in case f.ex. didn't clear it up.)

Some interesting responses to my pondering, but now we need some fresh questions. Anyone?

7. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    This is a little off topic but its close enough. Someone asked this and I had no clue, "Do they have tampons in Star Wars or do they use something else?"[face_dunno]

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Women in Star Wars don't menstruate. They build or buy droids to do that for them.

(I'm actually going to look that up for you...brb)

ETA: can't find anything on Wook. So just assume my theory is correct. :p

9. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
  10. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Aha. Guri's true purpose, revealed.

11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Hey, remember that warning I posted? "Who's the hottest" is the opposite of what I told you to do.

12. kataja

May 4, 2007
    Maybe they use the same stuff they apparently use when they need to go. Have you ever seen anyone go to the loo in SW. Vader f.ex? No? So appartenly they have to use something with super absorbing ability!

13. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    No, but there are definitely 'freshers with toilets.

[​IMG]

In fact, in KOTOR, when you are in the sewers on Taris, you can repeatedly hear the sound of a toilet flushing "above" you and then the sound of water flowing. Probably more a joke than anything, but it does imply that...erm...something is flushed.

Oh, great. Now we need a Flush Junkie thread. :p

14. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    What bothers me the most is the perspective in that panel. It seems off. The toilet bowl looks to be the same height as the sink.

15. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Maybe it's a Wookiee toilet? :p

16. AlyxDinas

AlyxDinas Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2010
    Posted this in one of the Old Republic threads but on Oricon they mention a soldier named Gialto who the Dread Masters mentally kriffed into thinking that he shot his husband. So that gives us another gay character in the GFFA.

17. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I noticed that.

18. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    I don't think this at all. I think Ki-di-Mundi's marriage was purely for procreation, which reflects certain religious philosophies irl. Since they are a religious order, they go through 'trials' and no sexy fun times is just another one.

(Also, Obi-wan is strict at times. He frowns on death sticks for example.)

It annoys me that the one of the few strong female characters in Star Wars absolutely HAS to have been a prostitute at one point, so that we can have undue emphasis placed in their sexuality. It's not like Cronal was a prostitute- in fact, it's not like ANY male characters have been, so I do believe it's sexism.

I, Jedi definitely has an implication that Corran Horn gets with various criminals as a part of his job. This may make part of his Corsec job description male prostitute since he is paid to do work, and that includes seducing various folks (Their levels of attractiveness and species are not stated, so we have no way of knowing if Corran is willing to get with them even if he wasn't getting paid for it.)

I prefer the clean-cut assassin role greatly. The seduction role is completely unneeded in the job description of an emperor's hand or corsec officer. Especially since they are force-sensitive and can obtain info or spy on enemies through means that aren't pointless fanservice.

Edit: -> "Gay character in GFFA" At first I read that as one of the Dread Masters is gay which would seriously have been cooler than some fodder dude they killed. Old Republic, you're at least trying.

19. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    That was a retcon though. they did that before episode 2 came out so there was no rule of no attachment.

20. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Of course TOR, being an MMO, always has the skimpy outfits, more often for females than males–this ends up in half the female players looking like call girls–and it seems to be getting more and more obvious as the game goes along. I mean, seriously, look at this set coming next week.

[​IMG]

Does this say "Star Wars" to you, or does it say strip club? Of course, through the Law of the MMO, this gear is female-only, and does not change to look like a skimpy male outfit (not that I mind, BTW; I don't want to see, think about, or even fathom the idea of a male stripper outfit). And then, of course, there's the gear that appears to be inspired by He-Man...

[​IMG]

Which (again through the Law of the MMO), is not male only; instead, it does adapt to female form...

[​IMG]

The moral of this post? Game designers are perverts, one and all. :p

21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Clearly TOR needs a Zombo outfit:

[​IMG]

22. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

that picture does remind me of the old Hasselhof gif TFN loved years ago... that was before Connery Zardoz replaced it..

23. Fjw1970

Fjw1970 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 8, 2013
    It's been a while since I read that book but I don't recall anything sexual with Ben. What did she do?

24. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    She stuck her hands down his pants. Would've gone, er, "all the way" if Ben didn't ask her to stop.

25. Fjw1970

Fjw1970 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 8, 2013
    Thanks. I have no memory of that happening.

The Jedi are a very forgiving lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.