main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Float Trip

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by MysticTrunks01, Jul 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    We're looking at the 23rd on Saturday. Billy looked into it its in between 10-20$. Usually if we get a good number it was like 13-14$ a person last time Dena and I went with a group of about 12 if i remember right.

We'll get more details soon on which place we're gonna use, but for now just sound of if you want to go. The more we know the more solid of a price we can estimate.

2. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Count Amanda and I in.

Are we still paintballing while floating the river???????? [face_devil]

3. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    count me in but please dont change the date on me.

Paintball on the river we may have to look in to that :D

4. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    No paintball on the river! Otto you will shoot your eye out!

5. Sentinel_Vash

Jun 25, 2002
    So how would it be any different then any other day :D

6. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    He may not end up shooting his eye out but I personally know he's merciless on the ground directly around him....I'll let him explain. HEH HEH :)

7. Tug-The-Intolerable

Tug-The-Intolerable Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2003
    Hey guys count me in. If there is a change in the date let us know at least a week in advance. I need to know when the Dallas conviention is, if its not already past.

8. Sentinel_Vash

Jun 25, 2002
    which time are you talking about Paul???

9. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    So far we have 6 people

Heath and Amanda
    Derick
    Otto
    Dena and I.

I know you replied here Paul but you didn't say you were gonna make it yet, so i haven't counted you yet.

We need EVERYONE that is coming to say it here, person to person is well and good, but please put it here just the same for an offical list, thanks.

10. Sentinel_Vash

Jun 25, 2002
    Mats is coming too

11. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Don't forget the Weav's...

Bree and Gary..

-Gary

12. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    Count my dad and I in. My mom is too much of a chicken to go.

13. Gaellen

Gaellen Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2002
    I'll try to be there. Where are you floating? If you're floating the Illinois, I could look into it a little more in depth if you'd like

14. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Yeah, we're planning on floating the Illinois, Zach.

Currently, Kenzi has to work that day, but her schedule may change. I should be able to go, though.

15. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    So what is the plan for that day? Are we looking at driving to _________(fill in blank with name of float company), floating down the river that day and then driving back that night?

16. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    That would be the plan. Camping would be cool and other people can do that, but i gotta be at work the next morning so i can't camp. If someone else wants to plan that for those that want to though, don't let anything stop ya.

17. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Count so far

Gary and Bree
    Heath and Amanda
    Otto And Mats
    Shelbi and Ray
    Derek
    Zach (more than likely)
    Billy and Maybe Kenzi
    Dena and I

so far 13-14 people.

18. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Ok we will Eagle Bluff has the best rates
    since We don't have enough for thier discounts (it takes 16+ people) It's about 15$ per person for Canoes on the 12 mile
    For Rafts it's about 18$ per person for the 12 mile.

I say about cause it might be little less if we get more people and it might be a little more if we don't, so that's the average.

One thing i need help on is finding directions to it, Map stuff on the internet can't locate them cause i guess they don't have a real address.
    Phone book has it as HWY 10 North Tahlequah. If someone can help me with this part that'd be great.

also we need to decide on a neutral place to meet up at whether it be someones home or like a QuickTrip (the one on 71st and Countyline would be a good one)

19. Kara_Jade_2002

Kara_Jade_2002 Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2003
    Sorry it took us so long but count Joe and me in. So that should give us enough for a discount right:) Also, I know this might sound a bit whiney but I was wondering if others would mind if we at least got one raft because they don't flip as easy and I can't swim very good...would hate to drown in the river becuase my canoe flips over:) I would be very grateful if someone could help me out. Thank you, Kara:0)

20. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Mike, Eagle Bluff is pretty easy to find. On getting there you can take either the BA(Muskogee Turnpike) to Tahlequah or take 412 to Kansas, OK.

If you take the BA go through Tahlequah, about 5 miles east of town you will go north on Hwy 10.

If you take 412 exit at Kansas, OK and go south on Hwy 10. Hwy 10 is a curvey road so you will not get up any speed, either way just keep going till you see the sign of Eagle Bluff.

If you have never gone before, you will all get on a bus that will take you up River depending on the length of trip. The canoe's will be there ready to put in and get going. It should be perfect conditions for you guys, have a great time.

21. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    Do we have any idea how early we are going to meet or when we want to be at Eagle Bluff to get started?

Just trying to get an idea of timing for the day.

22. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Well I figure if we all meet at Quicktrip at 8 and leave from there we'll be on the river by around 10. Unless anyone has an issue or something.

Thanks for the directs Roger, i've been before, but go so rarely i never remember the way hahahaha

23. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    Kara, Tug(AKA Derrick) is interested in the raft too.

Will we be able to stop on any of the beaches for lunch or will we be eating in our rafts/canoes?

It has been a while since I floated the Illinois, does anyone remember or know how long it takes to float?

24. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Of course we'll stop for lunches and swim breaks and stuff. we'll be doing the 12 mile (did the 6 mile last time and it took like 2 an half 3 hours)

25. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone checked with the float place and seen what the river level is. When we were at the Lake last weekend the water level was LOOOOW...

Just FYI. I've "floated" on a river that was low and it was more walking than floating... Not fun at all...

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.