Float Trip

Discussion in 'Tulsa, OK' started by MysticTrunks01, Jul 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    When i called em they didn't say anything, but i'll try and remember to call tomorrow and find out how low low is. I'm sure it's not raging with the lack of rain lately.
  2. Shadoe42 Jedi Knight

star 3
    You guys will need to check too on where you can land the raft. I have been hearing that most of the private property owners no longer allow the rafts to land on thier land. You can only land on the sandbars in the middle. Might want to check on that.
  3. IMAXPoe Jedi Knight

star 2
    Mike, Any word on the water level?

Also I assume we are meeting at QT at 71st and County Line at 8AM Saturday since no other ideas have been thrown out?
  4. banditajs Jedi Knight

star 1
    Have fun! Don't get to burnt.
  5. RogerRoger517 Jedi Knight

star 2
    According to the radar on the news there was a big thunderstorm right in the middle of the Illinois River flood plain. I would guess that there will be some water running for the next few days.
  6. DarthPaul1971 Jedi Master

star 1
    Water level...yeah that's a good question. You guys might end up carrying the rafts or canoes some of the way since we've had all this hot weather. I've had to do that before....gets annoying. Anyway have fun.
  7. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes we will all be meeting at the QT at 71st and county line. the one near the abandoned Wal-Mart and the sonic at 8:00!! Please please please everyone be there on time so we don't have to wait.

As for the water, i tried calling at 11 this morning but only got the machine, so i'll call tomorrow (friday)
  8. gw2tulsa Jedi Knight

star 1
    Whats is the food situation going to be like for tomorrow. Will we stop off for supplies in Talequah or should we get stuff tonight?

-Gary
  9. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    That the other reason i picked QT, those that don't grab your food the night before or before you get there can get most stuff at the QT if you want. Bring your coolers and your drinks (no alcohol of course, this is a TFF event) chips, sandwichs, lunchables, hotpocket, microwave's, brewing pots and so forth.

Also the girl at Eagle Bluffs said the waters is about 2 and a half feet, so we won't be walking to much at least ^_^

Also to get the group discount, we have to pay in one lump some, so if everyone can bring cash.
  10. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Firstly, I want to say I had a blast. This was my first float trip, and after I heal, it probably wont be my last. I will definately take a canoe next time. Secondly, I want to appologize for gripping w/ my dad all the way. This is one reason he isn't coming to Plano. I love my dad very much, but we just dont always see eye to eye, and not just cause he's taller. Thirdly, and lastly, what time did Otto and everyone get back? I hope everyone had as good a time as I did, and I hope everyone recovers from the rough day quickly.

Shelbi
  11. Sentinel_Vash Jedi Knight

star 2
    That was a lot of fun the only problem I had was the water level. No biggy there is all was next time
  12. Maumi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think it was fun. The water level could have been a little better, but it seems the canoes were a lot easier to work with and they went through the low parts a lot better. There were a couple of spots that we had to walk, but for the most part the water level was fine. The weather was great too. But I don't think I have ever went on a canoe trip and not had to walk at least once.

Bree hows the elbow?

Kara, hows your sun burn? I hope not too bad!

13. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    It was alot of fun. Still can't believe we didn't think of water guns till we where getting on the bus though HMF!

The water was a bit low but nothing pushing for 5-10 feet didn't fix. A few good spills. Poor Bree took one in the back and elbow when thier canoe got stuck and then the current pulled it sidways and flipped them.
    Then of course there was Shelbi, Ray and Billy over turning due to Heaths splashing skills. Heath splashed them and all threw turned and leaned away from it and well... luckly we were close to a place to land so they could empty the canoe hehe.

And of course the Ranger taking care of alot of OSU drunks that where causing troubles, those big a$$ fan boats are freakin' sweet!

14. breeland Jedi Padawan

Hey Guys!

My elbow is fine! I got a bigger bruise on my back and hip than on my elbow. The elbow hurt worse though. We had a really great time. I had never been on a float trip before and I had a lot of fun. Still trying to wash the river stink out of my swimsuit though. PU!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.