main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Flood of Inight -- Qui-Gon, young Obi-Wan, AU, **COMPLETE** -- 16-Jun-2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ardavenport, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Qui-Gon sure knows how to take charge! :D

Qui-Gon saw the danger. Some of the people behind him were focusing increasingly critical looks at the visibly defensive Macmas. Qui-Gon did not confront the man directly, he strode up beside him, his hand touching the shorter man?s shoulder.

?Friend, I am sure that this can be settled amiably,? Qui-Gon smoothly cut off a resumption of his outburst. ?But in the meantime, these people are in desperate need of your guidance.? The man?s green eyes stared up at the Jedi, his mind now fogged by the Force?s strong influence on him. Qui-Gon smiled and gently turned him back to people waiting behind him. He bent forward, speaking into the man?s ear. ?They need your help.?

?Oh, yes, of course,? he agreed, his words coming out in a confused mumble.

?They need food and water, and medical attention,? Qui-Gon softly told him. The man nodded, refocusing his attention. The attention of the others become confused as well. Some stared fixedly at Qui-Gon, others had caught the words ?medical attention? and nodded. None of them looked at Macmas anymore. Qui-Gon sent the man off to shepherd his group of evacuees off across the field. None of them looked back

Nice! I really liked it and I look forward to more! =D=

2. padawan_learner86

padawan_learner86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2005
    I'm really liking this story so far; that's why I'm asking to please be put on your PM list. :)

3. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    MASTER_KAYM:
    Oh great!! Another chapter!! I don't really have a lot of time right now, so I'll just say it was really good Thanks for writting

Well, thanks very much for reading and replying. :)

rabideuphonium: Awww, another awesome chapter. Personally I think that Qui-Gon needs to tell the negotiators just where to shove their bickering! Heh. Now *that* would be amusing. Oh well, thanks for the PM!

Thanks! I?m sure Qui-Gon was quite tempted to blow off the negotiators, but unlike them, Master Qui-Gon is a good diplomat.

Thanks also go to lazybys_left for his cool mass-pm tool that he posted on the Fan Resources forum. It makes things go so much faster.

Valairy_Scot: Another great chapter, and poor Obi's panic and the beings just wanting to thank him. That was great.

Thank you! Fortunately, it was only a short panic for Obi-Wan. :)

Healer_Leona: Ack, like so many in charge it seems the negotiators are that into doing much in the way of negotiating. At first I wasn't sure what wsa going on with Obi-Wan, glad to see it was only freindly being trying to thank him.

Well, Obi-Wan got tossed out of bed by the quake, so he wasn?t quite sure where he was and what everyone else wanted, but Qui-Gon was nearby. :) Thanks for reading!

dianethx: Loved that you put the aftershock in. A lot of people would forget a detail like that. The idea of the bureaucrats fighting while all around them is the evidence of disaster sounds about right. I'm glad to see that Obi-Wan is well enough to understand what is going on although he still needs bed rest.

Thanks! I love details, they make the writing so much easier. And, yes, it seems likely to me that even a disaster crashing all around an angry table of really determined politicians couldn?t distract them from their mutual antagonism. Obi-Wan can bounce back fast from his injury, but it?s still nice that he has his master to catch him.

VaderLVR64: Qui-Gon sure knows how to take charge!

Ooohhhh, yes he does.[face_peace] Glad you?re enjoying the story!

padawan_learner86: I'm really liking this story so far; that's why I'm asking to please be put on your PM list.

Thanks much! :)

Now for the last chapter...

<><>+<><>+<><>+<><>+<><>+<><> part 4

Qui-Gon looked down at his apprentice and turned him back to the end of the field where the negotiators were still gathered. He walked slowly; Obi-Wan had no trouble keeping up at first, but by the time they arrived, Obi-Wan?s energy seemed spent. He sank down next to his Master when he sat down near Otnox. Qui-Gon, now feeling his own, minor bruises from the ground quake, used the bottom of his own robe as an improvised cushion on the hard duracrete and helped Obi-Wan do the same. Then he wrapped his robe and his arm around his Padawan. Very soon, Obi-Wan was dozing next to him.

Either Otnox or recent events had convinced the negotiators to sit and wait for their transport with only subdued mutterings or insults among them. Their aides brought them refreshments, and then chairs and portable tables and sun shades. Qui-Gon put the hood of his robe up to shade himself and periodically checked the indicator on the canister still attached to Obi-Wan?s belt. When the indicator light on it went completely green, Qui-Gon carefully removed the mask from Obi-Wan?s face and put the apparatus aside. Obi-Wan stirred sleepily, but stayed under the shelter of his robe. Qui-Gon laid his hand on the dark ginger hair nestled next to him; he sensed only healing in the wake of the boy?s near-drowning.

Otnox belatedly offered to have his aide fetch Qui-Gon something. He declined anything for himself, but asked for a muja juice for Obi-Wan. When it came, Qui-Gon took the pack and gently nudged Obi-Wan awake.

?You should drink something,? he said. Obi-Wan nodded, took th

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I loved that the ship was going over all the destruction. Such a contrast to the pettiness of the delegates and their need to put themselves first. Whereas Obi-Wan was willing to sit on Qui-Gon's lap so that others could have a seat. Compassion is a lovely thing, indeed.

Great job. Really enjoyed this. =D=

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Such a wonderful story, and I liked the idea of Qui-Gon knowing he'd have to explain this, than that, to Obi-Wan. Later.

Qui-Gon laid a hand on Obi-Wan?s shoulder; his arm lay across his back. After a few moments Obi-Wan seemed to shrink a bit, and then he edged closer and leaned against Qui-Gon, who silently acknowledged this need for comfort. He briefly rubbed Obi-Wan?s back and then pulled the edge of his robe up, shading his Padawan again.

Qui-Gon looked down at the lighter brown head of hair amidst the folds of his darker robe; he sensed a twinge of embarrassment from his Padawan, as if he were sacrificing a bit of his strived for maturity with a moment of weakness. At this age, Obi-Wan took every minor mission very seriously, with full knowledge that even the most trivial trip was practice for his adulthood as a Jedi Knight. He always scrupulously followed his Master?s lead and observed, what he perceived as, the rules of adult behavior. Qui-Gon knew that he would have to explain later to Obi-Wan that taking, and giving, of compassion were as adult as wielding a lightsaber. But there would be time for that later as well.

Very nice!

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Then he wrapped his robe and his arm around his Padawan. Very soon, Obi-Wan was dozing next to him. [face_love] [face_love]

Good thing for the delegates to see the destruction the quakes caused. Make them really see what is at stake, that real people are involved and needing help and their bickering only postpones it.

Another fabulous fic ardavenport , thanks for sharing it with us. [:D]

7. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Absolutely beautiful! [face_love]

?You are disturbed, my young Padawan,? Qui-Gon stated.

Obi-Wan lowered his gaze guiltily.

?I didn?t sense the second ground quake, Master.? Qui-Gon raised his eyebrows.

?Such insights are rare and unpredictable, even among Jedi. If it were otherwise, there would be very much more demand for us,? Qui-Gon told him. ?You did very well to anticipate the first quake, and you saved many people. You listened to the Force and acted as a Jedi.?

A small, shy smile curled the corners of his mouth in response to the praise. His actions had been exemplary; Obi-Wan, being a younger Padawan, was forbidden to draw his weapon without Qui-Gon?s order. Yet, he had recognized the emergency and acted. Obi-Wan Kenobi would be a great Jedi someday.

Yes he will! ;)

Bravo on an incredible story! =D=

8. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    gah....sweet and in character......such a good idea, making those stupid reps see reason....loved it!

9. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    dianethx: I loved that the ship was going over all the destruction. Such a contrast to the pettiness of the delegates and their need to put themselves first. Whereas Obi-Wan was willing to sit on Qui-Gon's lap so that others could have a seat. Compassion is a lovely thing, indeed.

Thanks! I liked putting in that contrast, between the Jedi and politicians; the crisis just brought it out.

Valairy_Scot: Such a wonderful story, and I liked the idea of Qui-Gon knowing he'd have to explain this, than that, to Obi-Wan. Later.
    Very nice!

I?m glad you liked it. Qui-Gon can be a very good teacher and Obi-Wan a good learner. :)

Healer_Leona: Good thing for the delegates to see the destruction the quakes caused. Make them really see what is at stake, that real people are involved and needing help and their bickering only postpones it.

Another fabulous fic ardavenport , thanks for sharing it with us.

Thank you for reading! Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan looked at the destruction, but Qui-Gon did wonder if some of the other passengers just closed their eyes; which might be just the sort of thing that those types of characters would do.

VaderLVR64: A small, shy smile curled the corners of his mouth in response to the praise. His actions had been exemplary; Obi-Wan, being a younger Padawan, was forbidden to draw his weapon without Qui-Gon?s order. Yet, he had recognized the emergency and acted. Obi-Wan Kenobi would be a great Jedi someday.

Yes he will!

Bravo on an incredible story!

Yes, I?m sure young Obi-Wan?s potential showed up early.:) Thanks for reading!

Lady_Snow_Kaguya: gah....sweet and in character......such a good idea, making those stupid reps see reason....loved it!

Thanks! Unfortunately, not even Jedi could make a stubborn bunch of politicians shape up.

10. padawan_learner86

padawan_learner86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2005
    Very 'insightful' ending. I liked how they picked that specific ship to show the disaterous effects of the earthquake, and of course I liked the Qui-Gon/Obi comfort.[:D] A well written ending of a much appreciated story. @};-
    Oh yeah, thanks for the PM by the way. :)

11. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Thanks very much! I was having trouble ending it when I was writing, but then I realized that when they left, they would get an aerial view of the whole disaster and seemed to be the right way to end it.

And I like Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan mush, too.[:D] I does show up a bit in my fics.

Oh, and thanks go to lazykbys_left for writing this cool mass-PM tool; it's here. And it works just great

12. PrincessPadmeLeia02

PrincessPadmeLeia02 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2006
    This is BRILLIENT! Your a wonderful author! =D= =D=

13. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Wonderful! I liked how you portrayed the relationship between Obi and Qui, with Obi caught between childhood and maturity and Qui balancing those conflicting needs so well. And thank you for finding a way to bring perspective to the conferees. They needed it.

14. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    PrincessPadmeLeia02: This is BRILLIENT! Your a wonderful author!

Thanks so much! :)

Ara-gon: Wonderful! I liked how you portrayed the relationship between Obi and Qui, with Obi caught between childhood and maturity and Qui balancing those conflicting needs so well. And thank you for finding a way to bring perspective to the conferees. They needed it.

Thanks! In many ways, Qui-Gon really raised Obi-Wan; he's a wonderful master.:) There had to be a lesson for those conferees to learn somewhere, even if they were unwilling to listen.

15. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Upping our wonderful Story of the Month! Congrats! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.