main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Flooding in Australia

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rilwen_Shadowflame, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    So, only a short time after bushfires were the main threat going on here, flooding is now the issue. Queensland's been hit pretty hard, NSW is getting there as well...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-28/qld-flooding-alert-moves-south/4486666

Australian JCers, stay safe!

Personally, I'm flooded in, today - water over the road, but I'm safe enough at home. Anybody else affected? Let's hear from you, to know you're okay.:)

2. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    I got stuck in the 2011 floods as I lived near Ipswich. My house didn't get flooded but my street was underwater for four days and we had no electricity. All of the homes on the other side of our street were nearly completely submerged. Looks like it is all happening again. I moved back to NSW at the end of 2011 so have escaped a repeat occurrence. Typical Australian weather, 45+c days and bush fires, followed by floods and tornadoes.

3. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Yeah, you're lucky, not still being in Ipwich, judging by the news coming in.

4. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    A good friend from new York moved to the Brisbane several years ago, just posted pictures on Facebook of Perron Park. Does not look good, and I know they were hit hard in the flooding a few years ago as well. His house was high enough on a hill that it escaped damage, but they had quite a few things in storage that were destroyed.

Stay safe and dry, everyone!