main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bing, NY Floods

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I heard you guys are getting a tad wet today. *hugs* hope everyone is trying to stay dry and safe.

God Bless

2. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    Well as far as I know we are OK. A couple of my friends have some minor flooding. I was out yesterday helping people. About 1500 were evacuated. the worst place hit was Wilkes Barre. they have evacuated 200,000 and had to cancel there Bicentennial parade that was going to be this weekend.

3. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    glad to hear that you are ok Ian, its horrible how much damage has been done to some of the homes there. You know not to many people carry flood insurance either its too damned expensive. Now what do they do? its a total loss. :(

If you know any families that need anything Ian let us know, please post. Also I started a thread in the NE discussional forum for people to post their needs.

4. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Just to let all of you know, we're okay. However, the Conklin Presbyterian Church joined our church service this morning and they are desperate for help. They need food, money, clothes and any furniture others are willing to give up. If you manage to collect anything, please let me know and I will get you in contact with our minister or theirs to donate such items. If you are able to donate such things, email me at: robertcrissman@musician.org. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks.

5. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I will definitely try to get donations from work and friends and neighbors.
    It would be great if all of the CNY chapters could get together and donate a few things. I will post and see what we can come up with. Glad to hear you guys are ok though.
    God Bless

6. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Thank you for any assistance. We recently had a teacher that lost everything in the flood and is desperately seeking help. If you can send anything or can help (monitarily) in any way, email me at: robertcrissman@musician.org as soon as you can and I'll give you an address you can send it all to and give you a name of a person you can make the check out to. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

7. Jem-Kerr-Lodemi

Jem-Kerr-Lodemi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    :D SWEET!!! I would NEVER have thought to see fellow Binghamton people here!!!

Things are alright in some areas since the flood. But others will never be the same. Conklin is still hurting bad adn some areas in Pa too.

Security Mutual is going to be doing community fundraiser in Sept for flood relief...We had 5 employees lose everything..so sad.

8. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Hey, it's good to see other Binghamton people as well. Are you interested in putting on a costume and joining the group?

9. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Technically costumes are not required to be part of FanForce.
    It's just that a lot of us do.

~Doc_Bev

10. Jem-Kerr-Lodemi

Jul 30, 2006
    :DI sure would if I had one!

11. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    We can always do a workshop if you want to make one. I have been very busy over the last couple of months but hopefully we can start this group again.

12. Jem-Kerr-Lodemi

Jul 30, 2006
    When do you want to get together!!! :D I Know how things go. I feel somedays like I don't know if I'm coming or going..lol. Add me to the Core if you like...FanForce...:D

13. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Saturday and Sunday mornings are good for me. Not this weekend I have a lot on but next Saturday morning will be good. We could meet at Barnes and Noble on the vestal parkway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.