main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Flyers about our soon to be fanforce...

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by jedisister, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I think what I'm going to do is remove "WISCONSIN FAN FORCE" from the top side of the parallelogram and move it inside, replacing the initials. Kinda like this:

[image=http://www.nonsportupdate.com/a18lot50.jpg]

"MILWOOKIEE COUNCIL" will still be at the bottom. This way other councils that may form in Wisconsin can choose to use the same logo and just replace the Council designation.

Mauler, I am using Star Wars fonts.

2. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    BYOB, I think that will work, your 2nd plan, that is. I'm sure it'll look good. If possible, could you either send me an email copy when you are done or hold onto one that I could have next time we meet(you'll be at celebration? sorry, can't quite remember everyone who is going down.)

3. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Yes, I'm going to Celebration.

I plan on turning the flyer design into a PDF so people can download it, print it, copy it, and hand them out. The required Adobe Acrobat plugin can be downloaded for free here. I'll put the same link on the page with the PDF.

Just one more question: when exactly should the deadline be for getting the design done?

4. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I think it looks good too.

Man - its getting difficult to keep track of all the threads.

I guess that's a good thing!

5. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Well, I guess if you are going to the TRU opening I'd say before then, like this weekend. If not, then definately before the 27th so that when you gather at MSOE, everyone can get some to pass out there. If we do more for the Celebration, we could, whoever wants to anyway, download the design/flyer you did and make copies ourselves and have our own stack to hand out. Actually, thinking of that, if you have the flyer for download anyone who is willing, can download the copy before the 22 and make copies to hand out where ever they may be. That is probably the best way to go. Anyone object to downloading what BYOB will make up and making their own copies? If not, then lets take that plan and run w/it. I'll even make copies to post around my area since I can't make either events. So, BYOB, deadline will be by April 21. Is that ok?

6. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I've PM'd Daniel to see if he would put the PDF up on the official interim WFF site.

7. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    >>I think what I'm going to do is remove "WISCONSIN FAN FORCE" from the top side of the parallelogram and move it inside, replacing the initials.

I like that idea very much, BYOB. Then it won't look so much like WWF. Just my humble oppinion. :)

8. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Or you can try something like this:

'__SWWIFF______________
    |THE MILWOOKIEE COUNCIL|

Star
    Wars
    WIsconsin
    Fan
    Force

... well.. it's an idea..

9. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    The revised logo is done and can be seen here.

The flyer is also done, but it hasn't been approved yet. Everyone who is planning to download, print, copy, and hand out flyers will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader plugin (version 3 or later) to download the file. If you already have the plugin, terrific. If you're not sure, you can download it here.

10. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    As for flyers for the CII. The design will have to be very simple , yet get through to everyone. Most people will use garish colored paper, bright reds and yellows. We should try for something else. I work with paper company in Brookfield, I could see what they have lying around. Maybe silver or somthing. The point is not to rush it. I think seperate flyers are needed.

LF doesn't want any of it's images used at the con, O.K.- like usual they tell us what to do. So we make a nice copyright clean versionfor CII, then for the handouts at the toy stores and MSOE we have a more elaborate flyer. YES- it's more work but I think needed.

I have done this thing many times before. We will need to get peoples interest locally, by making it look "STARWARSY". They will also far easier to remember us then.

I will work with Jenni or Tom if they want to create something special for the big con in Indy. It's just with the experience I have doing this- I highly recomend 2 seperate flyers.

Sorry to chime in so late, but I was out of town last night. I hope this helps.

11. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I definitely agree that we need two fliers. I also think our non-Celebration flier should be just chock-full of copyrighted images - and really well known/well liked images at that (Luke pointing his blaster, Vader flanked by troopers on the Tantive IV, etc).

And as far as color goes, I think a silver would be really cool (actually any metallic color would be really cool IMO).

12. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Cool, yes, but would it not also be expensive?

Would anyone else care to comment on what I've done so far?

13. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    BYOB--I really like the new design. The flyers look great too. Nice job!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.