main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Flyers

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Lord-Wiz, Apr 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    [image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f81/Doctor-Wiz/Meets/FFUK-Flyer.jpg]

our flyer :D

ok gang, now we've got our flyer sorted, apart from dishing it out at events can anyone think of any shops near to them that they could ask if we can put the flyer up in the window? i could ask forbidden planet and nostalgia and comics in birmingham centre, maybe even games workshop. there is also a place in "in shops" in sutton centre that we could approach. anybody else got sci-fi stores near them that maybe won't mind?

i'm kind of thinking that we should just brazenly walk in and ask if we can stick a flyer up, and maybe leave a couple lying around by the tills. thoughts?

2. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Short of threatening the staff at gun/lightsaber point, asking is probably the best option m8. There's a shop here in Walsall called Bennetts, I'll go and ask next time I'm there.

3. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Bennetts? Where's that at? :confused:

4. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    i can think of a couple of possibles. in worcester, stratford, maybe evesham and maybe redditch next time i go that far.

one problem we may encounter - we might be asked for money - some shops do do that. but then again these are sci-fi etc shops. we shall see. Where/who do we get copys from?

5. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    It's in the Arcade Mark, opposite Supercigs and that swanky new Hair Stylists.

6. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005

at the next meet we will be having a whip round and getting a batch printed off. the finer details for this are in the flyers thread at the secret base

7. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    one problem with that 4 me - i prob wont be attending nexts couple meets because of A levels

8. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    understood dude. some things are more important ;) . i have just sent you a pm on the other boards with this in mind :)

9. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Yeah I'll get to Pheonix Comix in Northampton and ask if I could leave some by the till. I know they often pre-put flyers in the brown paper bags they give you your comics in so I'll see if they'll do that.

Do we have an estimate of how many flyers the first batch will contain?

10. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    £20 for 50. depending on how many chip in depends on what it will cost each, and then how many flyers you get.

e.g. 5 people chip in £4 , those 5 people get 10 flyers etc.

11. captainjack77

captainjack77 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2006
    im pretty shure that forbidden planet nottingham would put a flyer up in the window theres also a comuc store in nottingham caled page 54 that would put a flyer up .

12. To_Mega_Therion

To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2005
    The last time I went in Page 54 the guy behind the till was far too happy and was nearly shaking my hand for using his shop. I only bought a £1.25 comic. Scary place. :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.