main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Flying Solo-post LotF AU (K/J, A/T, J/TK) Jaina in an AU where LotF never happened - A/N 7/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediXManSerenaKenobi, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Flying Solo

By Serena Kenobi

Post LotF AU

Summary: After a violent duel where she believes herself dead, Jaina Solo finds herself in an alternate universe - one where members of her family are still alive. Can she be helped through her pain and suffering by people long dead in her world, or will she fall into darkness? AU. SPOILERS for Sacrifice and Inferno.

UPDATED PM LIST
    smash128
    Morrison85
    Flaming_Sword
    DanaeMariSkywalker
    SITH_MAYO
    PointGiven
    princess_of_naboo
    jacensolofangirl2007
    jaina-Fett
    cggunnersmate
    PHGS_Weyr
    Lanta
    Ultima_1
    MarasFire
    RevaDurron
    Abby
    Darth_Intangable
    BottledUpInside
    DantanaSkywalker
    Ob-Da_factor
    Jaina_Solo_Goddess
    shahid_chestro
    Idrelle_Miocovani
    whiskers
    Twin_Saber
    SilSolo
    Jedi-Roxy
    Flowerlady
    Lightsaber123

Lightsabers flashed in the darkness of the night; bright violet against glowing crimson. The rain that was pouring down sizzled and hissed upon touching the dueling blades, but the two sabers refused to be put out by mere drops of water.

Two figures parried and jabbed, leapt and lunged, darted and flipped as they continued their vicious duel ? both parties refusing to stop, refusing to slow down, refusing to give in. Both were led and guided by grim determination and sheer will to defeat the other ? but there were differences between the two.

One was guided by Light, the other by Dark.

The smaller, slender figure wielding the amethyst-colored lightsaber made a sharp v-step to one side and slashed an angle cut to the opponent?s side ?

The larger form carrying the blood-red lightsaber quickly sidestepped and brought his lightsaber upon the other?s with a great force, and the other stumbled back a step but then retaliated with a new energy and vigor, the attacks increasing as she swung her lightsaber over her head and jabbed at her adversary?s stomach. But he dodged the thrust and lifted a hand - she flew back from the sheer power of the Force push into a cold durasteel wall of a building. He grinned, an evil grin, and jumped up, lightsaber humming, and brought the saber down once again, intending to cut her in half ?

She managed to jump to the side and bring her lightsaber against his ? both crackling and sputtering as they met. They stared into each other?s eyes ? unnatural reddish-yellow against brandy brown, and she pressed her lips firmly together, determined not to show any pain.

?You are weak,? he hissed.

?You are evil,? she returned calmly.

?I am doing what I think is right. You?re just like all the other Jedi ? traitors to the galaxy.?

?And you?re just like all the other Sith ? traitors to their families, their friends, to the people they claimed to love? and your heart no longer exists.?

Parry with parry, attack met with counterattack.

It was a dance. And whoever claimed victory would be the one left alive.

The pair pulled back simultaneously and continued their barrage on one another, moving fast and furious in the darkness. Both faces were illuminated by the glow of the lightsabers as well as the glittering lights that shone off various vehicles and buildings that constantly flew past and surrounded them.

He catapulted himself off a building wall and lunged violently at her, lightsaber spinning in his hands. She did the same, and the two met in mid-air, their lightsabers flashing as they slowly dropped to the ground, all the while dueling, each for their own life.

?You?re a fool!? He spat. ?You can?t defeat me ? my triumph in this fight is inevitable. This is a battle you cannot hope to win.?

?You always were arrogant and self-righteous,? she replied flippantly and attacked him again. ?I guess that?s one difference between you and him.?

?Don?t you talk to me about him!? He roared, and lifted up a hand, intending to call upon the dark side to strangle her.

She did a back flip and landed on a sidewalk one level above him. ?Why not?? She shouted back, eyes flashing in anger. ?Are you afraid? Afraid to talk ab

2. Lightsaber123

Lightsaber123 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 31, 2007
    OMG! Must read it! pm LIST PLEASE!

and first!

3. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    PM list please...that was great!

4. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    This looks intreging.

Nice start. May I have a PM please?

FL @};-

5. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    huh... interesting... pm please?

Phoenix

6. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    very interesting post. please PM me when you update

7. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    This is great! Add me to the PM list? More soon please!

TWIN_SABER[face_peace]

8. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Nice fight, I really liked it. PM list!

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005

?I am doing what I think is right. You?re just like all the other Jedi ? traitors to the galaxy.?

?And you?re just like all the other Sith ? traitors to their families, their friends, to the people they claimed to love? and your heart no longer exists.?

I love these two lines! =D=

?Shut up!? He snarled. ?You don?t know what you?re talking about!?

?I know exactly what I?m talking about, Jacen.?

His yellow eyes flashed in fury. ?Don?t call me that. You know it?s not my name anymore.?

Funny how every new Sith Lord seems to react the same when someone they used to love dearly uses their proper name.

Wonderful start! I'm really curious to see how this will all play out. Jaina in an AU universe after a vicious battle with her Sith brother...

PMs, please? [face_batting]

10. shahid_chestro

shahid_chestro Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    great story.... want to see how you portray Jacen in this AU....add me to PM list

11. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Lightsaber123 Certainly! Glad you like it!

star_writer24 Thank you!

Flowerlady Thanks, I appreciate it. I found out that exciting beginnings are really what readers tend to look for. Of course you may be on the PM list.

Jedi-Roxy Most definitely! :)

SilSolo I certainly will. Thanks!

Twin_Saber You wanted more, I shall give you more. :D

whiskers Glad you liked the fight. I find them usually really hard to write. It's hard to describe their movements in general.

Idrelle_Miocovani Hello again! Yes, Sith Lords are pretty easy to predict. I think they have a serious identity issue... ;)

shahid_chestro It's funny, because I'm actually not all that big an EU reader. And although I don't particularly like the way most of the writers are portraying the Star Wars universe, I love the characters. I hope I portray Jacen in a satisfactory way.

Next post up shortly!

12. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Guess what, people. POSTIE!

Jedi Master Kyp Durron was mad. Very mad. In fact, he couldn?t remember a time when he had been more mad. He was close to going to the dark side, but at the moment, he couldn?t care less. He was furious. Furious with Jacen Solo ? now Darth Cadeus ? because he had killed his sister. His own sister. But more importantly, Cadeus had killed the one woman Kyp had ever truly loved. And now she was gone.

Kyp had seen the last few seconds of the vicious duel between Jaina and Cadeus, and his heart had nearly stopped working when he had seen Cadeus run his lightsaber through Jaina?s chest. He had heard himself cry out ? and then she was gone. Disappeared. He blinked through the rain pouring down onto his face. She was gone. Just like that. He ignited his lightsaber, and Cadeus tore his gaze away from the spot where Jaina had once been to look up at him. He had only a split second to jump out of the way as Kyp flew down upon him, a dark shadow lit up with the blade of red.

Two sizzling blades clashed hard against one another.

?How could you,? Kyp hissed. ?How could you? She was your sister!?

?She was a traitor!? Cadeus spat. ?Just like you, Durron. Now you will die, just as she did!?

?You?re a cold-blooded murderer,? Kyp told him coldly. ?I don?t particularly enjoy killing people, but to avenge the death of Jaina, it will be a pleasure.?

Cadeus snarled and lunged.

[i]?She must have been near death? but how did she??

?Remember what Uncle Luke said. She?s not from this universe. She?s from an alternate dimension.?

?That?s wizard.?

?Ben!?

?Well, it is!?

?Jacen, where?d you say you found her??

?I didn?t.?

?You didn?t say??

?No. Well, yes, but I didn?t find her, either.?

?Jacen, you?re confusing me.?

?Yeah, I?m confusing myself too, Mom.?

?So if you didn?t find her, who did??

?Anakin.? [/i]

?Anakin?? Jaina moaned, her head spinning. She tried to open her eyes, but couldn?t. A cool hand gently pressed against her forehead, and a calm, familiar voice said, ?Shhh. You need to rest.?

?Uncle Luke?? She whispered.

?Yes, it?s me, Jaina.?

[hr]

Kyp struggled to hold in his anger as he dueled violently with what used to be Jacen Solo. Although Kyp was the more experienced Jedi, Cadeus had the advantage of being younger and quicker. Kyp was no young man anymore, and it was beginning to show as he grew tired more easily. However, his grim determination to avenge Jaina?s death and his will to be the victor kept him alive and fighting hard against Cadeus.

Cadeus flashed him a menacing smile. ?Give it up, Durron. You?re out of your league, old man.?

?Is that so?? Kyp darted forward and swung his lighsaber around in a sharp cut, nearly taking Cadeus? head off if the Sith hadn?t ducked just in time. ?Seems to me that your overconfidence is your weakness.?

?Your faith in yourself is yours,? Cadeus returned, matching Kyp?s blow for a quick jab to the stomach, only to be blocked by Kyp?s saber.

Kyp glared at him with cold, dark eyes. ?Seems the Skywalker legacy has come around full circle,? he observed, spinning around and kicking Cadeus in the mouth, sending him reeling back against a building wall.

Cadeus spat out blood and glared at him. ?I was destined to follow in my grandfather?s footsteps,? he growled. ?Just as you are destined to die here and now.?

?Not if I have anything to say about it,? Kyp barked, holding his lightsaber up in front of him.

Cadeus laughed. ?You are just like her. A fool.? He put out a gloved hand, and Kyp didn?t have time to evade the crackling Sith lightning as it burst into his body; and he flew backwards, sprawling onto the pavement as Jaina had. ?Now, you will die,? Cadeus chuckled darkly.

Kyp?s eyes narrowed, and he slowly rose to his feet. ?Not today, Jacen,? he said, and suddenly leapt off the balcony and down into the Coruscanti traffic below. He soon disappeared, a speck amongst all the vehicles speeding past.

Cadeus w

13. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    ?She must have been near death? but how did she??

?Remember what Uncle Luke said. She?s not from this universe. She?s from an alternate dimension.?

?That?s wizard.?

?Ben!?

?Well, it is!?

?Jacen, where?d you say you found her??

?I didn?t.?

?You didn?t say??

?No. Well, yes, but I didn?t find her, either.?

?Jacen, you?re confusing me.?

?Yeah, I?m confusing myself too, Mom.?

?So if you didn?t find her, who did??

?Anakin.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

This exchange had me laughing so hard. I love Ben! :D

?Not if I have anything to say about it,? Kyp barked, holding his lightsaber up in front of him.

Cadeus laughed. ?You are just like her. A fool.?

Oh yes, Jacen. But fools are always better and nicer people than Sith Lords.

Kyp continued to fall further? and further? and further? and then something hit him abruptly, and his world became darkness.

Hmm... is Kyp ending up in this AU universe too?

In rushed Jacen Solo, Ben Skywalker, and a very healthy-looking Anakin Solo.

Woot! [face_dancing] Yay! :D

Excellent post -- can't wait for more!

14. Lightsaber123

Aug 31, 2007
    Ex-ce-llen-t.

edit:
    So what happened to this universe's Jaina?

15. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Cool update...=D=

I liked the duel between Kyp and Caedus.

Boy, Jaina sure is probably very confused at this moment...I'm assuming we will get the scoop of what happened to the AU Jaina.

More soon....

FL @};-

16. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Interesting and good update. Kyp/Caedus fight was good. I really liked Jaina's coming-to and her explanation of things that had happened in her universe. I really hope that you emphasize what exactly has happened in the universe that she's somehow travelled to in-depth.

17. Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2007
    Love the story so far! Everyone's going to be so confused...Can you add me to the pm list please?

~Jaina

18. Ob-Da_factor

Ob-Da_factor Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2006
    Great plot! What does AU Kyp think of real Jaina.
    Please add me to the PM list.

~FBS

19. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Ooh, this looks interesting! Can I be added to the PM list?

20. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Idrelle_Miocovani Glad you liked it. I thought after such a rough chapter to add some humor in. And is Kyp coming? ... We'll see! Thanks for reading! :D

Lightsaber123 You'll see!

Flowerlady Yes, you will get the scoop this chapter. And I'm happy you liked the Cadeus/Kyp duel - they're so difficult to write. Thanks!

whiskers Thank you! And yes, eventually, if not soon, everything will be explained in the alternate universe. Glad you liked the coming-to. I find those hard to write most of the time.

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Yes, I'm writing one confusing story, lol! And of course you may be added to the PM list.

Ob-Da_factor What does AU Kyp think of real Jaina? We'll find out! PM list - of course.

DantanaSkywalker Certainly! Thanks for reading.

Updated PM List

Lightsaber123

star_writer24

Flowerlady

Jedi-Roxy

SilSolo

Twin_Saber

whiskers

Idrelle_Miocovani

shahid_chestro

Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Ob-Da_factor

DantanaSkywalker

Postie coming up shortly!

21. Lightsaber123

Aug 31, 2007
    something terrible has happened, hasn't it? :_|. I want my update! :_|

22. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    knowing jaina she'll figure out soon that she's in an AU

23. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Add me to the list please.

24. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    I have news, fellow SW fanatics. And no, this isn't a postie.

JUST KIDDING!

I just had to do that. Sorry.

This chap's more of a filler - but I hope you like it all the same. ENJOY this postie!

?Hello??

He groaned.

?Hellooooo??

His fingers curled, and he was barely aware of the sound of voices and the familiar hum of vehicles. [i]Must?ve hit the ground or a speeder?[/i] he thought blandly. [i]I should probably get up. [/i]

A violent push was the thing he needed to get him awake, and he jerked his head up, eyes flying open. He was lying on his stomach on a hard, cold duracrete sidewalk, and a pair of violet eyes was staring back at him.

?What? happened?? He croaked.

?Beats me,? a female voice accompanied by the eyes said. ?One minute you weren?t there, and the next ? well, you were.?

He rose slowly to his feet and stared back at the young woman before him. She wasn?t tall, had wavy blonde hair that fell a few inches past her shoulders, and violet eyes that seemed to be almost a steely grey. She was wearing dark clothing and looked well armed. ?What do you mean??

He asked, breathing deeply, trying to regain his strength.

?Exactly what I said.?

Kyp let out a large breath of air and rubbed the back of his head. ?Listen, I don?t know who you are or what?s going on, but I need to find Jacen Solo.?

The woman raised an eyebrow. ?Jacen Solo, huh?? Her eyes narrowed. ?Wait, you?re that other Jedi-?

?Kyp Durron,? he quickly added. ?But I need to find him. He?s become dangerous.?

She snorted. ?All you Jedi are dangerous. I don?t see the problem.?

?The problem is that he killed his own sister!? Kyp snarled.

She blinked. ?Killed his sister? You mean Jaina Solo??

?Yes, that?s who I mean!?

The woman shook her head. ?Listen, Jedi, I don?t know what you?re talking about, but the last thing I heard about the Solos was that Jacen Solo was dating that other Jedi girl ? Tenel something ? you were getting married to Jaina Solo, and Anakin Solo just made headlines by killing a dangerous bounty hunter.?

Kyp?s mouth fell open.

[hr]

Jaina?s eyes widened, and she leaped off the bed and rolled onto the ground, positioning herself into a ready stance for combat. ?What?s going on??

The imposter Anakin Solo stopped mid-stride and looked at her blankly. ?What??

Jaina?s heart nearly stopped beating. It sounded just like him! ?Who are you?? She snarled. ?Did he do this? Is Cadeus doing this? Is this all some setup to make me get my guard down? Jacen, you?re sick!? She shouted, looking around the room wildly. ?I can?t believe you?d have someone act like your own brother!?

?Uh, Jay?? Jaina stared into Jacen Solo?s eyes, confused. ?What are you talking about??

Luke stood. ?I think you might have to leave, Jacen,? he said apologetically.

?Dad?? Ben just stood there, bewildered.

Jacen looked at Jaina, who stared back, seething. ?Okay,? he said solemnly, and turned to go.

?Wait!? Jaina said, and strode forth. She then poked him in the shoulder, and he jumped back.

?What was that for?? Jacen demanded.

?Is your name Jacen Solo??

Luke quietly intervened, ?Jaina, wait, there?s something I have to tell y-?

Jaina?s brandy brown eyes flashed to Anakin?s. ?Is your name Anakin Solo?? She shouted.

Anakin slowly nodded.

?No,? Jaina shook her head. ?No. This isn?t real. This isn?t real!? She fell back upon the bed, her breath raspy. ?You?re dead!? She whispered, staring at Anakin. ?You?re dead!?

Anakin?s jaw dropped. ?W-what?? He stammered.

Ben gaped, his blue eyes wide, and he gazed at Jaina, stunned as well.

?He looks pretty real to me.?

Jaina?s eyes flew to another person who had just entered the room, and she stared.

Gazing coolly and yet sympathetically back was? Jaina Solo.

[hr]

?Are you? insane?? Kyp hissed. ?I?m not getting married to Jaina Solo ? and Anakin Solo?s been dead for years!?

The woman snorted. ?Yeah, sure. And I?m

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    ?Beats me,? a female voice accompanied by the eyes said. ?One minute you weren?t there, and the next ? well, you were.?

Hmm... that's interesting. A Flickering!Kyp!

Does that mean that when someone from one universe appears in another, they replace the other version of themselves? So what this woman saw was Kyp#2 disappearing and being replaced by KypOriginal?

The woman shook her head. ?Listen, Jedi, I don?t know what you?re talking about, but the last thing I heard about the Solos was that Jacen Solo was dating that other Jedi girl ? Tenel something ? you were getting married to Jaina Solo, and Anakin Solo just made headlines by killing a dangerous bounty hunter.?

Kyp?s mouth fell open.

[face_laugh]

Now there's a perfectly logical reaction. When unable to comprehend, open your mouth and stare blindly ahead.

Sorry. :p

?Who are you?? She snarled. ?Did he do this? Is Cadeus doing this? Is this all some setup to make me get my guard down? Jacen, you?re sick!? She shouted, looking around the room wildly. ?I can?t believe you?d have someone act like your own brother!?

?Uh, Jay?? Jaina stared into Jacen Solo?s eyes, confused. ?What are you talking about??

Luke stood. ?I think you might have to leave, Jacen,? he said apologetically.

?Dad?? Ben just stood there, bewildered.

Jacen looked at Jaina, who stared back, seething. ?Okay,? he said solemnly, and turned to go.

Oh wow. Poor AU!Jacen. He must be so confused. :(

Jaina?s eyes flew to another person who had just entered the room, and she stared.

Gazing coolly and yet sympathetically back was? Jaina Solo.

Okay, ignore my last theory. It seems to have been blasted to bits. :p

Although I can't wait to see what JainaAU has to say to JainaOriginal. :D

Jaina Solo gazed back at Jaina Solo.

?What is going on?? Jaina said in a dangerous voice.

The other Jaina standing in the doorway entered the room slowly. ?I?m not sure. I thought maybe Uncle Luke could explain.? Both Jainas turned to look at Luke, who nodded.

?Jaina,? he said, glancing at Jaina number one, ?I don?t know how or why this has happened, but somehow the Force has sent you to an alternate dimension ? this dimension ? from your own. As I don?t know much about your reality, I can?t tell you why or how you were sent here ? but the Force does things for a reason.?

?An alternate dimension?? Jaina One said shakily. ?How long do I have to stay here??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I'm finding this situation entirely amusing. :D Just as good as time travel fics where paradoxes are allowed! :D

I see much confusion in the near future! Whee! 8-}

Luke put his head in a hand, groaning. ?This is why you don?t come barging into rooms,? he muttered under his breath.

But that's what Kyp Durron does!

Excellent chapter! :D This fic is really starting to swing -- can't wait to see what's going to happen next! [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.