main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Flying Solo-post LotF AU (K/J, A/T, J/TK) Jaina in an AU where LotF never happened - A/N 7/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediXManSerenaKenobi, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cggunnersmate

cggunnersmate Jedi Master star 1

Jul 24, 2007

heh, heh, heh[face_dancing]

Now I just fear what will happen if you manage to get Caedus, the Clone (esp. if it's Papa Palpatine), Jacen and both Kyps in the same place at the same time! eeks![face_worried] Could it be the Big Bang 2.0?

I have to think that once Caedus realizes what he's up against his overconfidence may wain. He doesn't have the power base he had in his universe plus the array of Jedi Masters arrayed against him, Luke, Mara, two Kyps etc. as well as two Jaina's, Jacen et all. Even the Clone should be worried.

Looking forward to more!

2. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    This is freakin' awesum! I can't believe I missed it.
    I caught this today and couldn't stop reading, its so compelling! :D

?Two Kyp Durrons,? she muttered. ?Will the galaxy survive??

[face_laugh]I hope so....

I'm very interested to see where this story goes, please can I go on the PM list??[face_batting]

:) Great work btw.

3. jaina-Fett

jaina-Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 11, 2008
    Capeless Kyp :D I love it. Jeez why can't evil Jacen die already :( ,by the way is there a Jagged Fel in this alternate universe ? thanks for the pm

4. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    And the cape issue continues to crack me up. [face_laugh]

Jaina and Kyp's situation just keeps getting more and more intriguing, although I have a feeling that things are going to start to slide downhill. If Jacen ever meets his counterpart (and I have a bad feeling he will), things could... not go so well. For some reason, I can just picture a Caedus/Jacen duel. [face_plain]

Agh, there's so many ways this could play out! Parallel universes make my head hurt! 8-}

Excellent update, Serena! =D=

Oh, and this was great:

Solo stared after them. ?Two Kyp Durrons,? she muttered. ?Will the galaxy survive??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Answer: NO! Not one chance. Never, ever, ever. The Galaxy will never be the same again. :p

5. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    great job! sorry for the delayed post! Brilliant!

Thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

6. DanaeMariSkywalker

DanaeMariSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2006
    This is great! I love how you have Jaina and Kyp from LotF come to an alternate universe. I too wonder what'll happen when Jacen meets his darker self. [face_thinking]
    LOL! I love how Kyp Durron from the alternate universe is capeless and first-nameless. [face_laugh]
    Please put me on the PM List! [face_batting]

~DanaéMariSkywalker

7. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    Wow. I'm not sure how I missed this little gem. Love it! Can't wait for more.

8. Flaming_Sword

Flaming_Sword Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    OMG I don't see how I've managed to miss seeing this for so long! Way too much to fully comment on...but it's wonderful! You have me on the edge of my seat! Would you add me to the PM list? Thanks!!

~Flame

9. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Lightsaber123

first

oh boy oh boy.

excellent post. Hope you update soon!
    Jacen, can't you just figure it out already!?

Yes, I've been a NASTY authoress to leave you in suspense for so long! SORRY!

Jacen's a little confused right now... but wouldn't you be if people from another universe randomly showed up at your door? Thanks for reading!

jacensolofangirl2007

lol! that was sooooo funny. Great chapter!! I was laughing so hard laugh

thanks for the PM, and I can't wait till the next part

Glad you liked it!! Again, I want some humor in this darker story.

Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Thanks for updating! So everyone is pretty much upset at this point...whether it be from losses sustained or information gained. And I have this odd feeling that things are going to get worse before they get better (isn't that always the case? tongue ) Hopefully they'll come up with a decent plan for defeating the dreaded Sith Lord, but isn't it better for everyone to know who it is beforehand before meeting up with him and getting a huge shock? Ah, well, it probably still is very painful to talk about it. Fine, not probably, it is.

Anyways, excellent update, and I hope you find time to update again soon!

~Jaina

Yes, you're right - things are going to get worse. But now there is more than one threat, so the gang will have to pull together. Yes, it is painful to talk about. I'm frankly surprised Jaina's lasted as long as she has, but she's strong like her parents and grandparents. Thank you!! Finding time to update is hard, especially when you're trying to write your own sci-fi novel.

PointGiven

Awesome! Can you show what exactly Jaina said to Anakin regarding Caedus? Or did she reveal Caedus's idenity through the Force?

Oh and add me to the PM list!

Jaina told him through the Force. And I'd be happy to add you!

MarasFire

At least Kyp and Jaina have been reunited and can work together in this very different universe.

I love how Durron is still obsessing about his capelessness laugh

Solo stared after them. ?Two Kyp Durrons,? she muttered. ?Will the galaxy survive??

Indeed. Although I have to admit that that makes me think that some people won't be surviving... sad

Yes, at last! But alas, their troubles are only beginning. They have to defeat two dangerous threats, return to their own galaxy, and somehow manage to not mess up the AU in the process.

Poor Durron!! His torment never ends... but I have to torture at least ONE Kyp.

And as for surviving... I'll tell you this - I'm not a fan of killing off every main character. So although there may be deaths, don't expect too many.

Twin_Saber

annoyed at the loss of his cape, first name, and his argument

That's hilarious! I usually hate Kyp/Jaina but I don't mind it so much here. maybe because it's not the actual 'Galaxy' Huh...Anyways! Great post, more soon please!!

TWIN_SABER peace

Glad you think so!! I'm glad you don't mind K/J here - maybe I'll end up converting you fully!! One can always hope... anyway, thanks for stopping by to read!

Flowerlady

That was worth the wait...

Great chapter and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Poor Durron...First-nameless and capeless. laugh

Why thanks! Yes, Durron's not gonna have an easy time of it. But I guess Kyp's time has been infinitely harder - well, at least HE has the cape!! [face_laugh]

cggunnersmate

heh, heh, heh dancing

Now I just fear what will happen if you manage to get Caedus, the Clone (esp. if it's Papa Palpatine), Jacen and both Kyps in the same place at the same time! eeks! worried Could it be the Big Bang 2.0?

I have to think that once Caedus realizes what he's up against his overco

10. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Can't wait for the madness to continue. :D

11. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    FLYING SOLO

Author's note: Hey, everyone, many apologies for the late, late update!! I'm afraid PMs might be late once again, but hang with me. Thanks!

- Serena

?It?s like I?m in some ghost world,? Jaina said shakily as she stared at her hands. Sitting on the bed, she was hunched over as Kyp paced slowly in front of her. ?It?s like everything?s perfect here. A perfect world. Mara?s here? Anakin?s here? there?s no Vong threat or cleanup? I can?t take it,? she said, tears running down her face. ?I can?t take the fact that I know we have to go back to that nightmare.?

Kyp watched her sadly. ?I know,? he said darkly. ?But we don?t have a choice, Goddess.? Kneeling in front of her and taking her hands in his larger, rougher ones, he said quietly, ?I can?t even begin to imagine what you?re going through. But I want you to know, Jaya, I?m here for you. Now, and forever. I swear.?

His gaze was so deep and intense, Jaina found herself suddenly breathless. Unable to tear her gaze from his, she merely murmured, ?I know.?

Kyp nodded and broke the moment by reluctantly rising to his feet. He sat down next to her and said, ?But we can?t leave until everything?s all right here.? He snorted. ?Force, I don?t even know how we?re going to leave.?

?We can?t leave yet,? Jaina said. ?Not until we tell them about?? she took a deep breath in. ?About Caedus.?

Kyp nodded sternly. ?We have to tell everyone what?s going on in our world. I only wonder how it will affect Jacen. He?s already growing angry because he knows we?re hiding something. Guess he?ll find out one way or another, seeing as how a conflict is inevitable.?

?But Kyp,? Jaina said, ?I can?t shake the feeling that something else is coming. Not just Jac-Caedus, I mean. Something else.?

Kyp frowned. ?You mean another Sith? Or Vong??

?The former,? Jaina admitted. ?I could be wrong, but?? she suddenly broke into tears. ?Oh, Kyp, I can?t take this anymore!? Sobbing into her hands, she moaned, ?I can?t! I?m not? I?m not strong enough! Not anymore??

Kyp?s face contorted into a mask of pain, and he wrapped both arms around her trembling body, rubbing her back soothingly. ?Don?t say that,? he whispered. ?You?ve gone through so much. But I know you, Jaina.? He kissed her hair. ?You?ll pull through this. You can. I know it.?

?No?? she wept into his chest. ?I?ve lost everyone I?ve ever loved. They?re all dead.?

Kyp tightened his grip on her but said nothing.

?You?re the only one I have left, Kyp,? Jaina murmured weakly. ?You?re the only one.?

?And I?m not going anywhere, Jaina. Never.?

They were both silent for a moment.

?Kyp,? Jaina said finally, ?What are we going to do? About all this, I mean?? She pulled back to look at him. Her entire body felt warm being wrapped in his arms, and already she felt a new strength seeping into her blood. Kyp?s presence was a calming one, and right now her only link to the other world. Only he knew what she was going through, and she took comfort in that. He was the only one who understood.

Kyp sighed. ?I guess we?ll look for Caedus and try to end this,? he said heavily. ?I don?t want to kill your brother any more than you do-?

?It has to be done,? Jaina interrupted softly. ?He?s not my brother anymore. He?s a monster. He?s just as bad, if not worse than my grandfather. We have to stop him before anyone in this world gets hurt. It?s the only way.? She paused. ?But who do we tell? Anakin already knows everything, and I?m pretty sure Mara and Luke know something.?

Kyp frowned. ?We?ll tell Mara and Luke. Other than that? let?s keep this between us.?

?But shouldn?t Mom and Dad ? Solo?s parents ? know the truth??

Shaking his head, Kyp replied grimly, ?Their son didn?t murder his own family.?

[hr]

The two rejoined the others in the sitting room but discovered that mostly everyone had left, leaving only Han, Leia, Anakin, and Mara.

?Is everything all right?? Leia asked politely.

?Not really,? Kyp answered darkly. ?But since Jaya an

12. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Mwahahahahaha

13. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    ARGH!!!! Too short!!!! :_|

Loved it! I'm so glad you updated this. Good thing Kyp is there for Jaina, otherwise I don't think she would find the strength. Can't wait to read more. Great job!

14. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    Wow, I'm glad you updated this! :D

Kyp comforting Jaina was so sweet; I was reminded of a scene from Sliders - which is also about alternate-universe traveling - where the only girl Slider tells her best friend and crush that "they are each other's world," and that no matter how many different worlds and timelines they visit, the Sliders themselves are a constant, are always together and for each other. [face_love]

And :mad: at Caedus. How can he target himself?

A slight unease crept into his stomach as he remembered his former self, but he squashed it quickly with a dash of anger. He was Darth Caedus, Lord of the Sith. He was not afraid of anyone or anything.

Not even of himself.

While that made me laugh, I also sense the possibly of redemption...by his former self, Jacen. [face_thinking] ...but considering how many people he's killed, how many Jedi he's killed without remorse, I wonder how that redemption would come about...

Awesome update, Serena! =D= I'm eager for more!

15. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Its good to see this back up.
    Its interesting to see how torn up Jaina and Kyp both are. I hope they end Caedus quickly, so they can finally work at being happy.

?Jaina and I were the only ones left,? he said solemnly, drawing more gasps from the others. ?No one else survived.?

This was such a sad line. :( To admit being alone and the only ones left...

Nice update! Thanks for the PM. [face_peace]

16. DanaeMariSkywalker

DanaeMariSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2006
    This is great! I feel really sad for the LotF Jaina right now with everything she had to go through. Her story's so tragic and it's really sad that she and Kyp were the only survivors. :_| Well, I hope this'll turn better soon. Keep up the great work! =D=

~DanaéMariSkywalker

17. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    This is great can you please keep me updated :)

18. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    and so Mara finds out that she gets killed by a Sith in an alternate universe

19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Poor Jaina. You'd think that travelling into a parallel world where everything is pink roses and butterflies is great, but NO! Things are never easy; poor girl. She's got a lot of issues to deal with. Hopefully she'll be able to cope!

And now the AU versions of the Skywalker/Solos know the truth. Poor Mara -- that must have been a rather odd revelation:

"Oh, by the way, you're dead."

Ugh!

8-}

Jaina was, in fact, correct. Darth Caedus lay in hiding on Coruscant, waiting for the opportune moment to strike. He already knew well that Jaina was broken, hollow, and a mess of emotions, but also Caedus knew that she knew that he was there and most likely, where he was.

I expected that, but I still find it creepy! *shivers and goes to find a blanket*

Excellent update, Serena! :)

20. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    oh dear my head will explode with a darth jacen and good jacen fight....

Great job!

Thanks for the pm!
    phgs weyr

21. zonzo

zonzo Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Awesomesause.

22. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Thanks to everyone who reviewed! Next chapter coming up shortly.

- Serena

23. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Okay, here's another update!! Hope you enjoy!

?What are we doing here, Riley?? Zane sighed as he joined Riley on the ship?s ramp. ?This isn?t our job ? we barely know these people.?

Riley pursed her lips as she stared at the darkening Ossus sky through the many buildings. Their ship was docked in a small parking area near the Solo?s apartment. ?Maybe it is our job. Maybe this is what we?re supposed to do.? She turned to look at her fiancé. ?Zane, for most of my life I?ve been a cold-hearted assassin. And now that we?ve met Kyp and Jaina and the others, I feel like we finally have some kind of purpose. You saw the Jaina from Kyp?s world ? she?s completely broken. If we hadn?t been around to get Kyp to her, who knows what could?ve happened??

Zane shrugged, but his eyes held a defeated tone. ?I don?t know,? he admitted. ?But do you think? I mean, in Kyp?s universe, there?s us? Do you think we exist there??

?I don?t know.? Riley frowned thoughtfully. ?It doesn?t sound like anyone good exists over there anymore.? Both were silent for a moment.

Zane finally rubbed his shoulders and wrapped an arm around Riley, dropping a kiss on her blonde hair. ?I?m going in. It?s getting chilly.?

?I?m going to stay out here for a while, but-? Riley halted. Tilting her head to one side, she frowned again. ?Did you hear something??

Zane stared at her blankly and listened. ?No, I-?

?Shh!? Riley froze. ?There it is again!?

Zane paused and listened even more carefully; his eyes widened as he suddenly heard a little cry. ?I heard it,? he murmured.

?It?s coming from over there,? Riley nodded to a dark alley nearby. Before Zane could say anything, she darted with an almost inhuman speed down the ramp and rushed down the dark alley, her retreating figure darkening into only a black shadow. Zane took a step to follow her as his eyes strained to see her. After a moment, he saw her dark shape bending down in the alley. When she rose again, she had something in her arms.

?Ri?? He called out.

As Riley walked back to the ship, the ship?s outer lights once again lighted her figure, and Zane was able to see what it was she was carrying. To his shock, a small girl was curled up in the former assassin?s arms. Dried tears were streaked across her angelic little face.

?Who?s this?? Zane asked, alarmed. ?Where did she come from??

Riley looked down at the little girl fondly. ?Sweetie, this is Zane. Don?t worry, no one?s going to hurt you.? The girl nodded slowly. ?What?s your name??

The girl, who looked about four, sniffed, and rubbed her nose with a small, pale hand. ?Allana,? she said shyly.

[hr]

Both Jaina and Kyp felt odd and out of place as they treaded through the Jedi Temple along with Mara, Leia, Anakin, and Han.

?It?s so? beautiful,? Jaina breathed wistfully as she looked at young Jedi training, laughing, and running throughout the Temple. ?Everything here is so full of life.?

?Yes,? Kyp said, unable to take his eyes off of her. ?Yes, it is.? He felt a burst of joy and happiness, rare for him, as he took in Jaina?s wide-eyed wonder and awe. She looked so beautiful, he mused. Some color was coming back into her too-thin face, drawing out her brandy-brown eyes that, for the moment, had nothing but quiet amazement in them. The Force was swirling around her powerfully, returning her strength to her bit by bit, and Kyp knew that soon, she would become the Sword of the Jedi once more. It made his heart almost burst with pride at the thought. She was the Goddess. His Goddess.

Jaina?s small smile widened as she saw Ben running up to them. Grinning, he nodded at her and said, ?Hey, Tenel Ka?s just arrived. Jace's going out to meet her.?

Mara smiled at her son, but her countenance was slightly darkened. Kyp knew that she was incredibly disturbed by what he had told her, but she was obviously determined not to show her only child. ?Thanks, Ben. Tell your father we?ll be there in a few minutes.?

?Will do.? Ben threw a lopsided grin to Jaina and took off down the hall

24. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Allana! How did she get there, I wonder? I'm sort of concerned for her at the moment, with Caedus in the new world and all - she might be safe back home!

And I see Jaina still needs to get used to using the correct grammar. ;)

Wonder what sort of trouble Zekk and the others ran into while escorting Tenel Ka. :eek: [face_worried] It can't be the good sort of trouble!

And Caedus... who was he meeting with? I have a bad feeling that it's the AU world;s version of Palpatine. [face_worried]

Questions, questions, questions! Great update, Serena!

25. Lanta

Lanta Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2007
    Awkwardness? uncomfortable silences? a Jedi craves not these things.

Loved it. Thank you for updating, it always cheers me up when I get the PM saying there's a new chapter of this story!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.