main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Followers of the Force" -- Post-NJO, w/Luke, Leia, Ben, Mara **UDPATED - 1/26**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CeeWulf, Aug 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Just wanted to up this because I forgot to change the UPDATED date earlier.

New post coming soon.

:D

Woohoo! Post 100 on this thread!

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    thanks for the update. Nobody on this planet wants to take care of their own work.

3. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
  4. jedilady_th

jedilady_th Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2003
    New reader here, waiting (not so) patiently for more!

5. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    -------------------
    Part Fourteen: Small Steps
    -------------------

?Are you certain this is a good idea?? Leia asked Luke, as he prepared to leave the temple.

?I don?t see we have any other choice,? Luke replied. ?We came here looking to help.?

?The Dark Side is strong here, I can sense it and I know you do to,? Leia said.

Luke looked out the window of his room and into the horizon, as the sun began to rise between the distant hills. A cool, early morning breeze eased into the room, caressing the curtains.

The stone floor was bare, with a small bed against one wall. Aside from a painting of a woman and a child staring into a river, there were no other items in the sleeping quarters.

?It?s raw, uncontrolled, that much is certain,? Luke said, still watching the distance. ?I?ve never felt the Dark Side like this before.?

?Almost as if someone is struggling to tame a wild animal,? Leia said. Luke turned and eyed her with surprise.

?Sometimes your insight can be??

?Acute?? Leia said, a lopsided grin creasing her features.

?Perhaps you were right not to become a Jedi,? Luke said.

?Don?t get too upset with yourself, brother,? his sister said, embracing him and speaking softly into Luke?s ear. ?Years of being a diplomat has caused me to focus my vision on specific things. Summing up your enemy in as few words as possible, as quickly as possible, becomes a valuable tool.?

Luke kissed her cheek and pulled away. ?Diplomacy never was my expertise,? he said, smiling. He turned and saw Ben standing in the doorway. He ran to Luke and wrapped his arms around his legs.

?I?ll be back soon, son,? Luke said.

?Let me come,? Ben asked, his voice cracking.

?It?s too dangerous,? Luke explained, pulling his son free and kneeling before him so the two looked eye to eye. ?I?ll be back soon.?

?I have a bad feeling about this,? Ben said. ?Something dark, evil.?

?I sense it too,? the Jedi Master said. ?We came here to help these people, remember??

?I know,? Ben said.

?That is the role of the Jedi,? Luke said. ?We protect the innocent.?

?I know.?

?And sometimes that can be a scary thing, but we must no let ourselves be ruled by fear.?

Ben looked down at the stone floor. ?What if something happens to you??

?I won?t let that happen,? Luke said. He carefully lifted his son?s head by his chin and smiled. ?Do you trust me??

?Yes,? Ben said.

?Do you believe in me??

?Yeah.?

?Then believe that I will not let anything bad happen, and I will be back for you and your aunt,? Luke said. He smiled. After a moment, Ben smiled. He wrapped his arms around Luke?s neck, choking him for a moment. Luke stumbled backward and laughed, holding his son tightly.

Leia watched and struggled to fight back the tears. She felt something deep in her stomach. Was it admiration for her brother?s relationship with her son, or jealousy? Finally, the two separated and Luke stood. He looked deeply into Leia?s eyes. If he felt her emotions, he didn?t indicate it. ?Will you be okay??

?We?ll be fine,? Leia said. Ben moved to her side, smiling up at his father. ?I?ll make sure Ben and the others are safe while you?re gone.?

Luke smiled. Looking down at his son, he rubbed the boy?s head. He then grabbed his backpack, turned and exited the room.

?You will save time by traveling by river,? explained Okran. He stood beside Luke at the rear of the temple. Down the hillside, Luke could see a small dock extend into the wide river. Another white-cloaked figure was preparing a small canoe.

?I have the charts,? Luke said. ?I expect I will return in three or four days.?

?We are beyond appreciation for your help in this matter, Jedi Skywalker,? Okran said, bowing slightly.

?My sister and son will help protect the temple while I am gone,? Luke said. ?You can trust in their abilities.?

?I am certain of it,? Okran said.

Luke nodded and started down the hill.

Jai?Kob moved through the forest with dark determination. Having left several hours earlier, he felt the distant tem

6. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
  7. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I'd say that was a good post. :)

8. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Luke sensed Leia's mood and turned to her, "I guess you're wishing you didn't really suck as a parent." Ben giggled as he clung to Luke's neck.
    Leia's face was [face_shocked]

[face_mischief] Just popped into my mind while I was reading your post.

Nice addition CeeWulf. Pass me a tissue.

9. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    I basically saw the same thing. That's something that always bothered me.

10. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    You and me both Cee. Not to start a big debate here (lord knows this point has been thorouhly discussed in FASFO) but rather to reinforce the point, I'll never understand Han's reaction to Anakin's death--especially after his emotional collapse after Chewie. That's just the most glaring example for me but Han and Leia were never really good parents.

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Thanks for the PM.

12. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Thanks for the PM. Great posts.

13. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    To be honest, I never really thought too much about it before. I mean, in the past, it occurred to me, and I thought it was rather strange that they never paid attention to that more.

But, in the past year, I've been seeing that more and more and found it was just sad. The writers/editors never even tried to deal with Leia and Han has parents.

14. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    I need more readers.

:D

15. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Boy do I agree with what you're saying about Han and Leia as parents - but you guys know that. At least Luke in this story is shaping up nicely. Nice post Cee. Getting quite involved isn't it.

16. jedilady_th

jedilady_th Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2003
    Need more! Pretty please?

17. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Hey Cee!
    I'm still here and hoping for more
    Reb

18. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    Hey all. Will be continuing with this story soon. I'm working at finishing up my other story, "The Touch" - a link is located in my sig. Once that's done, this one will be up and running once more.

19. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Wow. I don't believe it's been half a year since you posted to this story CeeWulf. Ah well, time flies whe you're having fun. ;)

20. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    I over did myself trying to do two stories at once. I really like this story, however, so I will be returning to it.

21. Jade_the_Sith

Jade_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2003
    Here's your new reader. Hope the inspiration....um, inspires you, yes? :D
    Can't wait for more so...
    up..up..up..up..and away!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.