Followup meeting for September

Discussion in 'Tucson, AZ' started by cathiecat, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cathiecat Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 24, 2005
    star 4
    We are going to have a follow-up meeting on Saturday September 17th at my house on "A" mountain. 11am till noon or 1pm.. or later if you want to hang out and discuss ideas or watch a movie or whatever.. Hope we can all make it.. I have received two emails from people that were at Bookman's on Monday.. so perhaps they might show up.. also three other young men at IHOP gave me their email address's interested in information about us as well. We can use the meeting to plan another activity... discuss turnout of the labor day fundraiser.. and also the other items we have been wanting to discuss.. such as our banner/we will have my computer so it will help with ideas.. and gaming.. and anything else we come up with.. especially further discussing Nov 1st.. which I will know within a week if Andy can do anything with us on the dvd release. Hopefully we all can be there.. I shot for this date and time hoping most of us could manage it.
  2. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 7, 2004
    star 5
    I'm there! Don't know about the bells on but I'll be there! :D
  3. hal9k1 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 22, 2003
    star 4
  4. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 12, 2005
    star 4
    Cool, Il be there and Il bring the most recent DVD of our favorite series in case anyone wants to watch it.
  5. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 7, 2004
    star 5
    You're bringing the best of I Dream of Jeannie, eh? :p
  6. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 7, 2004
    star 5
    I'm upping this so that we don't forget . . . not that I did. [face_blush]
  7. cathiecat Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 24, 2005
    star 4
    yes.. up up up... my house is being readied for you as we speak.. even scrubbed the toilets =D=
  8. cathiecat Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 24, 2005
    star 4
    okay.. meeting will be at 536 S Stephanie Loop.. zip is 85745.. you can mapquest it. .. or if you PM me I will send you directions.. I just do not want to post directions to my home right her on the forum.. though it is easy enough to find.. a few of you have already been to the house anyway. Hope to see all of you here.
  9. cathiecat Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 24, 2005
    star 4
    so many things going on at this meeting.. DLJ will be talking to us about a plan for a lineup at Suncoast on DVD release day..DSJ will be talking to us about an awesome idea he has for Halloween.. that is two back to back activities!!! I am so crazed that I will be out of town on Halloween and the day after.. I sure hope everyone comes out and supports us!! I look forward to being in on the planning for these two events and helping out where needed.. but I think for sure DLJ and DSJ are going to be the point people for these two events. Again let's not forget we are going to talk follow-up of our awesome fundraiser..see a few news clips of it .. and view some photos of it as well, and of course talk about plans for another one in the future.. then hopefully we have time to talk banner for the forum.. we can all punch buttons on my computer and show some ideas to each other and hopefully get somewhere on the banner. If you have any new kewl Star Wars items you just want to show off.. by all means bring them. As always.. any new business can be brought up at the meeting as well. By all means if you want to be sure we get something on the agenda.. post it here between now and saturday as well. Can't wait to see everyone. Still waiting to see if anyone is going to ask me for directions on how to get to my house.. or call me if you need to.
  10. hal9k1 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 22, 2003
    star 4
    Hahaha... I was waiting to see if you were going to tell people how to get to your house.
  11. timstephens4 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 10, 2005
    star 2
    I know this is not SW related, but y'all wanted to know when I was performing outside of football games. Well, we are having a performance at Flowing Wells High School (don't know address or directions;)) on Saturday October 29. I cannot make the meeting this Saturday (Purdue game and all) so I am posting this here and now so it gets mentioned somewhere. I have no specifics on time because we perform after all the high school bands and FW still has no clue how many are showing up. Just thought I'd mention this since Halloween Weekend is on the agenda.

    On a slightly different topic. This past weekend went great, turnout was amazing and the Red Cross wants to use the band in future campaigns.
  12. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 7, 2004
    star 5
  13. cathiecat Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 24, 2005
    star 4
    I think for sure I can manage to see your band at least once this year!
  14. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 7, 2004
    star 5
    OK, DSJ is being gracious enough to give DLJ (that's ME!) a ride to the meeting. [face_dancing]
  15. cathiecat Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 24, 2005
    star 4
    HURRAH!! I knew you would be there! Hoping for some other newbies to show up! Or oldies even!!
  16. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 7, 2004
    star 5
    I just "ran" into someone who posted on the TFF boards and invited him to stop in and check out the "new management".
  17. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 7, 2004
    star 5
    MINUTES FROM TODAY'S MEETING

    In attendance:

    cathiecat
    dialswiftjustice
    hal9k1
    WookieWallaby
    Dark_Lady_Jada
    Mugen

    Upcoming Events that are planned/being planned


    Halloween CRS October 31, 2005 from 2pm to 4pm (behind TMC)

    dialswiftjustice has asked the TFF help with a Halloween event for CRS - a center to help children with disabilities. He needs people to come (hopefully in costume) to help hand out candy, etc. So far committed for the event are:

    DSJ
    Jake
    Tony



    Halloween Eve/November 1 ROTS DVD Release

    Jada will be contacting Suncoast to inquire about doing a midnight release event with them for the RotS DVD release.

    DSJ will also make other inquiries to see what other stores are planning a midnight release.

    cathiecat will be in touch with Andy Taylor from KLPX about the radio station's involvement



    Clone Wars Season 2 DVD Release December 6th

    DSJ will be contacting Heroes and Villians to see if they are doing anything with this.


    Upcoming Events that we would like to do


    Progressive Star Wars Movie Watching Event

    cathiecat has suggested the idea of a progressive meal/movie watching event for the December Holidays



    Flandrau Science Center

    DSJ has suggesting looking into doing something with Flandrau Science Center

    CaptKieranFlar has a connection with Flandrau but I just looked and he hasn't logged in since 8/9



    Tucson Pima Public Library

    Look into doing an event with the library. Jada to contact "Mr. Eddie", cathiecat to contact TPPL main



    Board Game Night

    We are talking about perhaps having this New Year's Eve . . . maybe :p


    Costumes


    Group Costumes

    We talked about having "stock" costumes for people to use for events. It seems that we were leaning toward Jedi because it is fairly easy to make, fit, wear, etc. Jada will also look into making a generic Leia costume.



    Costume Resource Thread

    We will be developing a costume resource thread that will have links, advice etc. to resources for making costumes.


    Support your local team! Or band ;)

    Don't forget that one of our very own (Tim) is a member of the U of A Band and they play rocking music at the home games and at band reviews! :D


    Misc. Notes for Members

    cathiecat - to contact our Lord and Master BrotherHalo regarding:


  18. Titles for members

  19. Unlimited Edit Time

  20. Notice of October 1st meeting


  21. Member Titles


  22. dialswiftjustice - Tucson Fan Force Keeper of the Peace

  23. WookieWallaby - Tucson Fan Force Resident Wookiee

  24. Mugen - Tucson Fan Force Props Expert

  25. hal9k1 - Tucson Fan Force Webmaster

  26. jamesmorbidia - Tucson Fan Force VIP ?????


  27. Jada


  28. Send link to hal9k1 for banner dimensions

  29. set up domain name

  30. write blurb for the October Meeting

  31. Upload to Photobucket the pictures of the Great Lightsaber Spoon Battle over a river of Motlen Lava Berry Poptarts


  32. DSJ


  33. talk to cathiecat about Heroes and Villians

  34. mail news coverage to the Dune Sea Garrison

  35. Upload the pictures to photobucket


  36. OK, if I've left something out let me know.

    Peace out![face_peace]









  37. hal9k1 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 22, 2003
    star 4
    Just a side note, I just finished 4 more DVDs for the Katrina news footage for the members, if we need more than that just tell me.
  38. WookieWallaby Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2005
    Address to Flowing Wells High School is 3725 N. Flowing Wells Road. Cross streets are Flowing Wells Road and Prince Road. I happen to know this because I work there.
  39. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 7, 2004
    star 5
    A ha! He posts! Welcome to the boards WookieWallaby! :D
  40. timstephens4 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 10, 2005
    star 2
    Hey, thanks for the shout out. Sorry I couldn't make the meeting, game day and all. BTW, BEST GAME EVER!!! We might actually make it to a Bowl Game this year! For the meetings I cannot get to, I will post information about our next performance, probably in the "Wake Up" thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.