main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Followup meeting for September

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    We are going to have a follow-up meeting on Saturday September 17th at my house on "A" mountain. 11am till noon or 1pm.. or later if you want to hang out and discuss ideas or watch a movie or whatever.. Hope we can all make it.. I have received two emails from people that were at Bookman's on Monday.. so perhaps they might show up.. also three other young men at IHOP gave me their email address's interested in information about us as well. We can use the meeting to plan another activity... discuss turnout of the labor day fundraiser.. and also the other items we have been wanting to discuss.. such as our banner/we will have my computer so it will help with ideas.. and gaming.. and anything else we come up with.. especially further discussing Nov 1st.. which I will know within a week if Andy can do anything with us on the dvd release. Hopefully we all can be there.. I shot for this date and time hoping most of us could manage it.

2. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    I'm there! Don't know about the bells on but I'll be there! :D

3. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
  4. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Cool, Il be there and Il bring the most recent DVD of our favorite series in case anyone wants to watch it.

5. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    You're bringing the best of I Dream of Jeannie, eh? :p

6. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    I'm upping this so that we don't forget . . . not that I did. [face_blush]

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    yes.. up up up... my house is being readied for you as we speak.. even scrubbed the toilets =D=

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    okay.. meeting will be at 536 S Stephanie Loop.. zip is 85745.. you can mapquest it. .. or if you PM me I will send you directions.. I just do not want to post directions to my home right her on the forum.. though it is easy enough to find.. a few of you have already been to the house anyway. Hope to see all of you here.

9. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    so many things going on at this meeting.. DLJ will be talking to us about a plan for a lineup at Suncoast on DVD release day..DSJ will be talking to us about an awesome idea he has for Halloween.. that is two back to back activities!!! I am so crazed that I will be out of town on Halloween and the day after.. I sure hope everyone comes out and supports us!! I look forward to being in on the planning for these two events and helping out where needed.. but I think for sure DLJ and DSJ are going to be the point people for these two events. Again let's not forget we are going to talk follow-up of our awesome fundraiser..see a few news clips of it .. and view some photos of it as well, and of course talk about plans for another one in the future.. then hopefully we have time to talk banner for the forum.. we can all punch buttons on my computer and show some ideas to each other and hopefully get somewhere on the banner. If you have any new kewl Star Wars items you just want to show off.. by all means bring them. As always.. any new business can be brought up at the meeting as well. By all means if you want to be sure we get something on the agenda.. post it here between now and saturday as well. Can't wait to see everyone. Still waiting to see if anyone is going to ask me for directions on how to get to my house.. or call me if you need to.

10. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Hahaha... I was waiting to see if you were going to tell people how to get to your house.

11. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    I know this is not SW related, but y'all wanted to know when I was performing outside of football games. Well, we are having a performance at Flowing Wells High School (don't know address or directions;)) on Saturday October 29. I cannot make the meeting this Saturday (Purdue game and all) so I am posting this here and now so it gets mentioned somewhere. I have no specifics on time because we perform after all the high school bands and FW still has no clue how many are showing up. Just thought I'd mention this since Halloween Weekend is on the agenda.

On a slightly different topic. This past weekend went great, turnout was amazing and the Red Cross wants to use the band in future campaigns.

12. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    That is cool Tim! :D

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I think for sure I can manage to see your band at least once this year!

14. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    OK, DSJ is being gracious enough to give DLJ (that's ME!) a ride to the meeting. [face_dancing]

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    HURRAH!! I knew you would be there! Hoping for some other newbies to show up! Or oldies even!!

16. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    I just "ran" into someone who posted on the TFF boards and invited him to stop in and check out the "new management".

17. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    MINUTES FROM TODAY'S MEETING

In attendance:

cathiecat
    dialswiftjustice
    hal9k1
    WookieWallaby
    Dark_Lady_Jada
    Mugen

Upcoming Events that are planned/being planned

Halloween CRS October 31, 2005 from 2pm to 4pm (behind TMC)

dialswiftjustice has asked the TFF help with a Halloween event for CRS - a center to help children with disabilities. He needs people to come (hopefully in costume) to help hand out candy, etc. So far committed for the event are:

DSJ
    Jake
    Tony

Halloween Eve/November 1 ROTS DVD Release

Jada will be contacting Suncoast to inquire about doing a midnight release event with them for the RotS DVD release.

DSJ will also make other inquiries to see what other stores are planning a midnight release.

cathiecat will be in touch with Andy Taylor from KLPX about the radio station's involvement

Clone Wars Season 2 DVD Release December 6th

DSJ will be contacting Heroes and Villians to see if they are doing anything with this.

Upcoming Events that we would like to do

Progressive Star Wars Movie Watching Event

cathiecat has suggested the idea of a progressive meal/movie watching event for the December Holidays

Flandrau Science Center

DSJ has suggesting looking into doing something with Flandrau Science Center

CaptKieranFlar has a connection with Flandrau but I just looked and he hasn't logged in since 8/9

Tucson Pima Public Library

Look into doing an event with the library. Jada to contact "Mr. Eddie", cathiecat to contact TPPL main

Board Game Night

We are talking about perhaps having this New Year's Eve . . . maybe :p

Costumes

Group Costumes

We talked about having "stock" costumes for people to use for events. It seems that we were leaning toward Jedi because it is fairly easy to make, fit, wear, etc. Jada will also look into making a generic Leia costume.

Costume Resource Thread

We will be developing a costume resource thread that will have links, advice etc. to resources for making costumes.

Support your local team! Or band ;)

Don't forget that one of our very own (Tim) is a member of the U of A Band and they play rocking music at the home games and at band reviews! :D

Misc. Notes for Members

cathiecat - to contact our Lord and Master BrotherHalo regarding:

18. Titles for members

19. Unlimited Edit Time

20. Notice of October 1st meeting

21. Member Titles

22. dialswiftjustice - Tucson Fan Force Keeper of the Peace

23. WookieWallaby - Tucson Fan Force Resident Wookiee

24. Mugen - Tucson Fan Force Props Expert

25. hal9k1 - Tucson Fan Force Webmaster

26. jamesmorbidia - Tucson Fan Force VIP ?????

27. Jada

28. Send link to hal9k1 for banner dimensions

29. set up domain name

30. write blurb for the October Meeting

31. Upload to Photobucket the pictures of the Great Lightsaber Spoon Battle over a river of Motlen Lava Berry Poptarts

32. DSJ

33. talk to cathiecat about Heroes and Villians

34. mail news coverage to the Dune Sea Garrison

35. Upload the pictures to photobucket

36. OK, if I've left something out let me know.

Peace out![face_peace]

37. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Just a side note, I just finished 4 more DVDs for the Katrina news footage for the members, if we need more than that just tell me.

38. WookieWallaby

WookieWallaby Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    Address to Flowing Wells High School is 3725 N. Flowing Wells Road. Cross streets are Flowing Wells Road and Prince Road. I happen to know this because I work there.

39. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    A ha! He posts! Welcome to the boards WookieWallaby! :D

40. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    Hey, thanks for the shout out. Sorry I couldn't make the meeting, game day and all. BTW, BEST GAME EVER!!! We might actually make it to a Bowl Game this year! For the meetings I cannot get to, I will post information about our next performance, probably in the "Wake Up" thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.