main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Fond Memories on Tatooine (Obi-Wan, sort of intertrilogy viggie - humor)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obaona, Aug 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Thanks for clicking. :D

Title: Fond Memories on Tatooine
    Summary: Fond memories on Tatooine. ;)
    A/N: Written for the Obi-Wan romance challenge. :) Thanks to everyone who liked it over there. ;) Inspired by Elli, who made the comment it's never the older Obi-Wan who's wearing the leather pants. :p

Feedback is, as always and ever, appreciated and adored. :D @};-

~*~*~

It was another day on Tatooine. What more could be said?

The sun rose, burned everything in its wake, and merely scorched what lay in the shadows. Ben squinted in the brightening sunlight, slowly and carefully rising to his feet, his body sore and stiff regardless of the heat from his long meditation. He got up every morning before dawn, to do just that. It was wonderful, peaceful, and he never skipped it. Like most of Tatooine?s citizenry ? or merely inhabitants, whichever ? he got up early and stayed inside during the great heat of the afternoon. He wasn?t always able to rest, though, and he sometimes used that time to work inside, where it was cool. And sometimes, even more rarely, he would do neither of those things.

He would open his memory chest.

It carried what few things he had from his old life as Obi-Wan. He had been here nearly fourteen years, and he no longer opened the chest often, the past more inclined than ever to stay where it belonged.

Still, sometimes there were things that could be learned from the past, so it was best not to forget it entirely.

Thus, the memory chest. Or, if he were more honest with himself, sometimes he could get nostalgic. The chest carried both good memories and bad, but that seemed quite balanced to Ben. Was not life that way? At times people ? himself more than included ? would forget that happy things went along with bad ones. The memory chest would remind him of that. Anakin?s lightsaber and the river stone. Balance.

Ben sighed.

He went inside. It was immediately cooler, and he let loose another sigh, this one more grateful. He walked over to his memory chest, shoved against the wall in his small living space. He felt like he was teetering, stumbling, but he knew he really wasn?t; sometimes he just felt old. He knelt.

The wooden chest ? beyond rare on Tatooine, nearly priceless ? was smooth and cool beneath his fingers. He could feel faint grooves, left from the original cutting of the wood, but that was worn by years of touching, of use. It was a comfortable feeling, one that spoke of living things, and he smiled.

He carefully unlocked and opened it, the lid rising smoothly. The chest was full of objects ? not just Anakin?s lightsaber, or the river stone, but datapads and instruction manuals, some for Luke if he ever needed them, and some just there because he couldn?t bear to destroy anything of the Jedi Order. A piece of cloth, from Qui-Gon?s robe. How he had managed to keep that over the years was something of a miracle. A lock from Anakin?s Padawan braid. A trick box given to him by Garen, which he had never figured out ? but Anakin had within five minutes, to his private embarrassment.

His fingers touched something smooth and supple, and without another thought he took the item out.

A pair of black leather pants.

Ben closed his eyes.

~*~*~

?These are for you.? Siri?s voice was light with mischief and laughter. Obi-Wan held up his nineteenth birthday present, and looked at Siri in disbelief. She seemed delighted by his reaction.

Garen burst out laughing. ?Leather pants?? he cackled, sitting back, tugging his Padawan braid in the absentminded manner that was becoming a habit.

Obi-Wan shot him a glare, then returned his attention to the main torturer. ?Siri ??

?Aren?t they great?? Siri interrupted, mischief still dancing in her blue eyes. ?I?m pretty sure I got the right size, though Jedi robes do make it hard to tell.?

Obi-Wan sighed deeply. ?Thank you, Siri.? He mentally decided he was definitely going to have to hide this before Qui-Gon got home. They were on a rare stopover on Corusc

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    *nabs first reply* mwhahahahhahahahah Obi in leather pants!! Whooo go you. You did figure a way to get him in some didn't you? :D Great post!!!

3. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    I already read this at least three times in the thread---you KNOW I love this one. :D

Siri didn?t say a word. She stood there, in her loose Jedi clothing, and simply smiled. There wasn?t a hint of mockery in it. Then she moved forward, ?Come on, Obi-Wan, off with the robe, that?s not fair . . .? Then she stepped back proudly, his robe in her hands. ?See? They fit!?

?If you say so,? Obi-Wan replied dryly. ?Can I change now?? he asked plaintively, looking Siri in the eye.

A wicked gleam appeared for a moment, and Obi-Wan had visions of all his Jedi pants disappearing. Then she weakened. ?Fine, have it your way,? she said, still smiling. ?But . . .? She leaned forward, getting right up next to him. ?I think this was my birthday present, too,? she whispered, looking him over.

Obi-Wan blushed.

Garen made a ribald comment.

Siri just smiled.

And Obi-Wan kept the leather pants.

The way you wrote this was so cute! :p That Siri thought it was her birthday present, too. hehehehe Smart girl! :p

Wonderful little story!!!!! ;) :)

~Jedikma :)

4. -Erela-

-Erela- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    Wow! An intertriology Obi-Wan fic that isn't depressing and tear jerking. This could be a first.

I ::gasp:: laughed while reading this!

Obi-Wan in leather pants. I love it.

Very well written, but considering who wrote it, how could it not be? ;)

-Erela

5. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! *dies laughing* Obi-wan in leather pants! soooo funny. loved the ending. mahvalous, obaona!

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Again, I ask you, what is there NOT to love about a leather clad Obi?

Great work.

7. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    That was very cute! There's nothing better than Obi in leather.

8. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Layren: Thanks! :D Aye, I did. :p Though the original bunny was more about getting old Obi-Wan into them. 8-}

Jedikma: [face_blush] Thanks! :D Yeah, Siri thought it was her birthday present. [face_mischief] Mischievious girl, that. :p Glad you liked! [:D]

-Erela-: I know! :eek: It's actually somewhat happy. ;) Shocking, isn't it? :p Thank you :D , I'm glad you liked it. And thanks! [face_blush]

Vongchild: I couldn't quite bring myself to describing that part. [face_batting] Thank you! :D

VaderLVR64: You're right - there's absolutely nothing. :p Thank you. :D

StarFighter5: Thanks! :D Even Obi in nothing? [face_batting]

9. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Even Obi in nothing?

Hmmmm.... [face_thinking]

Now that you mention it...

10. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    That was very cute! There's nothing better than Obi in leather.

Phew. For a second I thougth you said there was

[edit - i'd better start running...]

*runs*

11. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    *laughs* Remind me to make witty comments like that more often, if they inspire these kinds of fics, dear. :*

Siri's a smart girl. =D= And leather-clad Obi would be a nice birthday present for any warm-blooded female humanoid. :D Not that we can tell very often, with the annoyingly obscuring Jedi robes, of course. :p 'Cuz who knows what those Jedi carry 'round under their robes? O:)

Clever and adorable. [:D]

12. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    StarFighter5: *giggles* :D

Burkie: [face_beatup] at you. :p

Elli: I will. [face_batting] Yes, Siri is a smart girl. ;) And sneaky. 8-} Annoyingly obscuring, huh? Sometimes that's a good thing. Just picture Yoda in spandex. O:) Thank you, dearest. [:D]

13. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Great! I totally loved this over in the other board and had to read it again!

Hey... that image was ohhhh man! Just picture Yoda in spandex. NOOOO! Ewwww now it's stuck in my head! Grose! hehehehehehe

This was an excellent lil viggie! Hehehehe seams would give hehehehe!

14. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    awwwwwwwww

:)

;) Siri's birthday present as well. .. hrmmm ;)

that was great!!!

15. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Sorry for taking so long - school just started, mind has been on 'off'. [face_blush]

Kynstar: Thanks! :D I'm glad you enjoyed. ;) Sorry about the Yoda comment . . . I'm not normally so cruel, I assure you. :p As for the seams - how fit was Obi-Wan in ANH, anyway? ;)

maramijade: Siri's a smart girl. [face_mischief] Thank you! :D

16. ManofConstantSorrow

ManofConstantSorrow Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2004
    I love this little fic. I needed a smile today so I thought I'd read this one again. ;)

[:D]

17. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    ManofConstantSorrow: [face_blush] Aww, thanks! :D I'm glad it could do that. [:D]

18. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Obi in leather pants. The imagery is...delicious. :p

Great viggie.

19. Miladry

Miladry Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2003
    Great vignette !

20. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh, loved this! It was so much fun to see the normally in-control Obi-Wan so disconcerted.

It carried what few things he had from his old life as Obi-Wan. He had been here nearly fourteen years, and he no longer opened the chest often, the past more inclined than ever to stay where it belonged.

I liked this. It was a poignant line amidst the humor.

?Fine, have it your way,? she said, still smiling. ?But . . .? She leaned forward, getting right up next to him. ?I think this was my birthday present, too,? she whispered, looking him over.

His mouth quirked. He might be getting older, but who?s to say he couldn?t live a little? He wondered if those seams would give if he gave them a little help . . .

LOL!

21. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    JediMaster_Jen: Aye, it is. :D Thank you! :D

Miladry: Thanks! :D

Gina: *laughs* Yes. And also consider he's still rather young when the flashback occurs. ;) I think it's understandable he'd be disconcerted. :p I'm glad you liked that line; I was unsure about it because it was serious, and this was meant to be humor, but serious and humor do blend sometimes. ;) Thank you! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.