Food collecting newbie question...

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by fistofan1, Sep 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    I've never been one to collect SW food premiums but when I saw Pringles cans with names like Boba Fett BBQ and Chewbacca Cheddar Cheese at Walmart I just had to scoop them up! So my question is: Do I eat the chips and save the cans or just keep everything mint? If I keep them as they are will they eventually stink or anything? And will that make potential value go up or down?

Thanks for any help! :)
  2. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    Most of the suggestions I've read over the years say to take any food product out of the packaging and that's what I've always done. And in this case you can easily remove the product (i.e. eat it :p) without doing any damage to the packaging.
  3. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    And if you branch out into collecting soda cans, be sure they are empty. Many collectors have found out the hard way that they can leak or explode with age. If you don't empty them at least store them where they can't do any damage if the inevitable happens..
  4. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for the advice, I don't plan on continuing food premium collecting since I already have too little space but I'll be sure to empty any SW soda cans I come across! :)
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.