main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Food!] ITT, We Show Off Our Cooking Skillz

Discussion in 'Community' started by Grimby , Nov 25, 2008.

1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    lol I was indeed Dani! One of my favorite glasses. :-B

2. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Frieda, that looks so delicious.

I made some Cincinnati Bengals colored cupcakes for my boyfriend's birthday the other day
    [image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a202/x_blackout/Mobile%20Uploads/0825102327-1.jpg]

Aaand I'm now the baker at the coffee shop where I work!

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a202/x_blackout/Mobile%20Uploads/0823100930.jpg]
    Cherry scones

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a202/x_blackout/Mobile%20Uploads/0823101234-1.jpg]
    Oatmeal raisin cookies & peanut butter cookies

This week I'm making a ton of different muffins, too.

3. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    MMmmmm sweets!!!! =P~ =P~

4. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    soooo yummy... [face_hypnotized]

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/jediyvette/005-7.jpg]

Went berry picking and made a mulberry pie. :D

5. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    Mmm, that looks delicious

6. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Mike and I made sushi!! :D

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/jediyvette/IMG_6844.jpg]

Probably not the most authentic but still yummy! :)

7. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    What are the lightsabers from/for?

8. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Looks like chopsticks.

9. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Yup, chopsticks. :D

10. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Communist Jedi [face_worried]

11. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    Mmmm that sushi looks fantastic :)

12. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Looks very yummy. Now I want some. And I could bring my own lightsaber chopsticks. :D :D

13. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    I woke up & felt the need to bake some cupcakes, so I decided to finally try making strawberry basil cupcakes! This is just the beginning of them but here you go --

[image=http://i53.tinypic.com/2gspfdi.jpg]

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I just microwaved a Boca burger. The sense of accomplishment was overwhelming.

15. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    I was gonna post, but I forgot people don't eat cats most places..... :p jk, I love Chinese food.

When I find my camera, I will gloat, too!

I can haz chzbrgr? [face_batting]

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Wait... what did you order? General Tso's Kitten?

17. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Every Friday, I have a bunch of friends over at the house and we cook out in the backyard on our charcoal grill. Two Fridays ago, we bought about 7 lbs of ground beef and made giant burger patties out them. We stuffed them with red onions, cajun seasoning, garlic, gouda cheese, and baby portobello mushrooms that I'd sauteed in butter with garlic, salt, and pepper.

We did the same with a couple pounds of ground turkey and then threw both sets of patties onto the flame. We sprinkled on some more cajun and additional seasonings and then topped them off with jalepeno-havarti and cheddar cheeses.

While those were grilling over the charcoal, we set whole portobello mushroom caps into the smoker after seasoning them with garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil. After the meats were cooked and the mushrooms were properly smoked, we then enjoyed our epic burgers on kaiser and onion rolls.

Last Friday I grilled a couple mahi mahi and salmon filets liberally sprinkled with cajun and a couple other seasonings. Though the salmon was good, the mahi was the real star.

18. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Cape Cod,

Take one pound of fresh cod unsalted, cook the fish in a fratatta pan in a tablespoon of lemon juice and sprinkle a half teaspoon of sea salt and a dash of pepper, olive oil preferred. Then pour in a two cups of water, add two sliced up macintosh apples and a cup of dried cranberries or fresh if you can get them. Then sprinkle a teaspoon of cinnamon over everything and let it simmer on medium heat for ten minutes until the water has boiled off. Stir everything occasionally to avoid burning. When done, scoop into bowls and add cubed white cheddar cheese or fontina cheese and let them cool a bit and serve.

came up with that last night and it was good. The fish break up over time and stirring things together and then adding the cheese gives the fish a sweet but delectable taste.

19. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    As someone who lives on Cape Cod, I will have you know that we do not prepare our fish in any way near to that.

20. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Oh no, I called it Cape cod because apples and cranberries were found on the cape, and cod was once fished off of cape cod. So using the ingredients worked in the sense of taking a meal that a fisherman could make with simple ingredients minus the lemon juice. It is similar in style to Chicken Cachitiore. That meal actually is an italian hunters meal. Basically the hunter would gather the local vegetables and cook the birds he had caught in the same pot.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I was gonna say that. I spend every autumn on the Cape, and although I don't eat fish, I know how ish gets done up there. Usually, I just settle for getting a sandwich in Sandwich, though.

22. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003

...you vacation in Sandwich...? [face_worried]

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Absolutely not. I hardly eat there, either. There is a good Thai restaraunt there, though. We stay in Barnstable. I get my head clear for awhile, get some work done, watch the leaves change, eat goldfish crackers while sitting in rocking chairs on the porch, complain about our social security... you know, old people stuff.

24. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    [image=http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l545/argonvalyn/burger.jpg]

one of the "man" burgers I make on Fridays.

25. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    I made these lambchops with olive & pistachio tapenade, rice pilaf, and asparagus the other day. The fancy plating is courtesy of my mom

[image=https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/307822_2607434981058_1110429100_33141025_1724633181_n.jpg]