main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ food: the damm i am hungry thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Humble extra, Jun 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    well you'd never know i used to be one of the better spellers at school, however spellcheck and irc have served to destroy my once mighty skill:(

the sammichs were only 6 dollars each, which is only 1$ more than you'd pay at subway and you get two, sure they are maybe not as big as subway, but you get 2! and its alot tastier.........the rest of the menu is pretty standard for that type of cafe-restaurant, overpriced that is.......

2. oy636

oy636 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2001
    :lol
    Think how much it will cost in three more name changes. Only bill gates will be able to eat there.
    The Ra bar does a nice lunch if I remember correct, and not over priced.

3. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    haha, i havn't gone there in a while.......any place that tries to name itself Planet Si and Phil automatically loses its position as a respectable eatery IMO

4. Obi-Jace

Obi-Jace Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2001
    Do they have sandwiches named after them too?
    I can imagine the Phil sandwich (a big fat sandwich with grey moldy bread) and the Si sandwich (a skinny make-up covered sandwich with no content at all) :p :p

5. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    planet hollywood threatened legal action if i remember rightly, which stopped any permanent name change

6. oy636

Jul 10, 2001
    I have been out of Dunedin for to long. Still coming back this Christmas. Any one in town can take me out to lunch :)

7. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    gah too much food

8. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    i'm kinda sad, i'm leaving dunedin this year, after being here for 5 years....

9. oy636

Jul 10, 2001
    What are you going to do, once you leave Dunedin.

10. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    become a table ornament? [face_mischief]

11. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    well being a table ornament does have its attractions, you get to meet new people, look at fine food and wines, be involved in the hospitality industry........

just had lentils and braised lamb at nova, next to the art gallery, damm i love lentils

12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Mmmm. Hungry.

The two foods I miss most from when I was at University in Canterbury (Lincoln Uni) are the double chicken w/ hot chili Souvlaki's from the "Greek Recipe" on the square.

On several occasions when my wife has visited CHC for work, she's gone to Greek Recipe & bought all the ingredients - Pitas, Chicken, Chili Sauce, Tzatziki & we've made the things up when she got home. Kind of missed eating them in the square & watching all the looneys, fundamentailst christains, skinheads & the wizard doing their stuff, though.

I cannot find ANY souvlakis in Auckland. All they have here are the damn Turkish style Doner Kebabs, which are not in the same league. Can anyone here help?

Also, the other food I miss most from down south are the pies at Hillier's Bakery in Lincoln. Yum! Chicken Cranberry Brie, Satay Chicken, Satay Beef, Venison In Port Wine, Chicken & Corn. If anyone in CHB has never tried a Hillier's Pie, they need to take the 20km drive out to Lincoln for the priveledge.

Ack. Now I'm torturing myself.

13. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    well, we are lucky enuf to have a "hilliers" right here in town now, just round the corner from college in fact. lovely pies I must admit.
    best Souvlakis I had are from Dimitris, just south of the Sq on colombo st. now i'm hungry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.