main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Football!!!!!

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by pirry, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Mirax

Jaina_Mirax Ex CR North-Germany and GSFF RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    well, I HOPE Denmark or Latvia win EURO 2004 :D not always the the same "big football countries" like france, italy, england, spain, portugal, germany (um...right...) etc.

My tip for todays matches: Switzerland-Croatia-->Croatia will win
    France-England:--> tough....I'll go with france

2. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    I'd bet on Croatia too. As for the other game, it's pretty open; I expect a draw but still...

[image=http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40158000/jpg/_40158921_henry203.jpg]
    Come on Titi, don't disappoint me!

3. pirry

pirry Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2002
    Or then again, maybe not. Goodbye quarter-finals.

Ah well, at least we got to organize the event.

hey, hey! I'm still thinking portugal will go on! ;) (guess two of four go on). You'll do well! ;)

not always the the same "big football countries" like france, italy, england, spain

Spain? We won it, but a long time ago! :( This time might be ours! :D

And yes, GO ENGLAND!!!! :D :D :D

4. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    What can I say?

France 2-1 England :(

At totally undeserved score, but yes, in those kind of matches happend things like that. England deserved win or a tie, but not this.

Just one name: Zinedine Zidane. Increidible

Yeah, he pays in Real :D :cool:

5. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    This game was... wow!! :p

Really... the last minutes were great! I wasn't really expecting that!

6. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Who could expect something like that? ;)

7. Jaina_Mirax

Jaina_Mirax Ex CR North-Germany and GSFF RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    well, I think france played a lot better. at least during the first half. they had a lot more chances, but couldn't score.

I kinda feel sorry for the english goalkeeper lol

8. Mara

Mara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 1999
    I didn't watch the game. Just the end. Well, I actually didn't care much who one that one, but according to my parents France played a little bit better than England, and if that's the case I suppose it was a fair result. ;)

I just hope the British adepts don't riot or something... :rolleyes:

9. Kdace

Kdace RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 23, 2001
    1 - 1 would have been a good result. But the english goalkeeper made a mistake... :D

10. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Well I'm in a bad mood now!! :p
    I'm just shell-shocked after that France-England game :_|

I don't blame our goalkeepr though, the free-kick from Zidane was brilliant and the back pass by Gerrad that led to the penalty was stupid.
    I don't blame Beckham for the penalty miss either, it was a good save from Barthez.

One question though, why didn't Silvesta get sent off for his foul on Rooney?? (or our goalie for that matter)

Great tournament so far, well done Portugal :D

11. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    But the english goalkeeper made a mistake...

In my opinion, is Gerrad's fault ;)

This king of games are nice, this is EURO 2004! :cool:

12. haakun

haakun Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2002
    Tonight I can see the hooligans burning bars and vehicles all along Lisbon... poor portugueses. [face_worried]

Nothing personal against England, but i'm glad that France won this match. I hate the 'catenaccio' type of football. [face_sick]

Anyway, I'm sure both France and England will go through without problems. Good luck to both teams.[face_good_luck]

13. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    France was rather bad; no precision in the passing, bad coordination; yeah we had a few occasions but we never really threatened the english defense. It's a bloody undeserved miracle, a draw would have have been enough.

I still love you Zidane!

14. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    It's a bloody undeserved miracle, a draw would have have been enough.

Just like I think ;)

I still love you Zidane!

Seems like years don't go on with him! :p

15. Kdace

Aug 23, 2001
    hmm Char, what you said for France can be said for England, they score thanks to magic Beckam but they had nothing to show even less than France which did well in the first half.

but you're right it's a miracle. Thanks Zidane!! :D

16. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    They didn't have that many occasions either, true, but they were in control for most of the game. I do think they deserved a draw at the very least.

why didn't Silvesta get sent off for his foul on Rooney??
    I don't think Rooney has anything to complain about considering he should have been sent off at least twice in the last couple of months ;) the referees have been too soft with him so far.

17. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    A draw would have been the best result, but the game isn't over until the game is over.

18. Mara

Mara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 1999
    Well, the British supporters on a park that had a giant screen with the England-France match decided to spit on and beat up some French supporters when they made the 1-1 goal and then even more when they lost. Fortunatly there were no injuries.

It's a shame these things happen. [face_frustrated]

19. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I would like to apologise for our fans behaviour Mara. I can assure you that the vast majority of our fans are good people, but as always the small minority have other ideas and I just hope it doesn't get too serious in the coming games. I totally agree, it's stupid and unneccessary but hopefully everything will be OK :)

Rooney was lucky not to get booked, but he was provoked a lot during the game but he needs to control himself better. But my point was that Silvesta made a professional foul, denied a goal scoring opportunity and was the last defender IMO, which is a red card offense and would have changed the game completely ;)

Can't change that now, but hopefully we can still go through. Congrats to France though (man, that hurts) ;) :)

I still think Italy might do it this time, but I feel 4-5 teams can win it so who knows.......but France are beatable.

20. Kdace

Aug 23, 2001
    Every teams are beatable! :)

England can do good things for this Euro, Italy, Netherlands and Spain too. For their people i hope Portugal will play well for the next games.

21. MARCOLAS

MARCOLAS FF France North CR - FanForce Logo Designer star 6

Apr 3, 2001
    Football is evil [face_devil][face_money_eyes]

//run away again

22. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Every teams are beatable!

That's true, every team has stong points... and weak as well. Remember the EURO 1992, who won? a team which was invited by the organisation. So, who knows ;)

Mepec (spanish lol), Marc, you never change :p

23. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    hehe Marc, you are not alone that's for sure. My Mum fell asleep during the game lastnight, says it all ;)

It's true that every team is beatable, but the French record during qualifying was amazing so we did well just to score against them I feel :p

I think either France, Italy, England (well, I would say that wouldn't I), Spain or Germany can win it. For some reason I just don't fnacy the Netherlands, if Bergkamp was still in the team then perhaps, but I just don't think they have enough strength through-out the team....plus they always seem to argue with each other these days.

24. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    And what about Portugal? I still saying they've got posibilities, and is known that who organizes the tournament, usually, go on :)

25. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    I'm watching Denmark - Italy right now and Italy is not looking good. They really need to get their midfield sorted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.