main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Footsteps" [X-Wing series; Dorset Konnair, Tetengo Noor]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by thesporkbewithyou, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Author: thesporkbewithyou
    Title: Footsteps
    Genra: Fluff
    Characters: Dorset Konnair, Tetengo Noor
    Author's Note: I found this ficlet sitting on my harddrive, and decided it had enough merit to fix it up and finish it. Besides for which this pair always fascinated me, despite their very brief appearances.

As always, thanks to Mags for her terrific beta-ing, despite her busy schedule. [:D]

Enjoy!

"Footsteps"

?Half empty,? Tetengo Noor announced gloomily as he stared into his mug of caf. ?And cold.?

The woman sitting across from him at their table in the Mon Remonda's mess hall gave him an odd look. ?It's been like that for the past half hour. You could have refilled your cup several times over in the time it took you to acknowledge that.?

He shook his head. ?But I want this cup of caf. It's made just the way I like it.?

?Put it in the microwave then, and heat it up.?

?It'll taste weird. Too charred.?

?It isn't already??

Tetengo gave her a pitying look. ?This is real caf, Dorset, not the weak stuff you and everyone else but General Solo like to drink. This is the way the gods intended us to drink it.?

?Then clearly the gods' paletes are way off.? Dorset Konnair sighed. ?Do what you want with it. I'm clean out of suggestions.?

Silence fell between the two Polearm pilots, Tetengo contemplating his mug of caf. Unable to contain her curiosity any longer, Dorset asked, "So what's up with you? I haven't seen you like this since that woman from the Wraiths shot you down."

?But that's just it!? She looked up in surprise at his outburst. ?It's all their fault.?

?All their fault? Whose, the Wraiths??

He nodded. ?Yes.?

?How could what be their fault?? Dorset looked over her shoulder to make sure that none of the Wraiths or Rogues were within hearing distance. She could see Wes Janson and Hobbie Klivian off to one side of the room, Wes gesticulating wildly with his hands and Hobbie looking like he'd rather be anywhere other than where he was. ?They haven't gotten you into trouble somehow, have they? All of our interactions with them have been fairly pleasant and harmless so far.?

?But it hasn't, see??

Dorset shook her head. ?No, I don't.?

Tetengo sighed, then pushed the mug away. ?See, it's like this. Before we met the Wraiths, I was just fine with being an average pilot in an average squadron.? He held up a staying hand at Dorset's outraged expression. ?You can't deny it Dory. Nowadays, any squadron not commanded by Commander Antilles is considered average.?

?That may be so, but there's no way you could say that you're an average pilot. Not just anyone could have kept up with those Wraiths when we were in the Pig Trough.?

Despite himself, Tetengo grinned. That had to have been one of their finest moments, fooling Zsinj with a sub-par imitation of the Princess and General Solo and a fake Millenium Falcon. Even if it had been Wraith Five who had originally thought of that tactic. Then he killed it.

?Then how come I haven't been promoted yet, if that's the case??

Dorset shrugged. ?Easy. You haven't flown enough live action missions to do something worthy of promotion.?

?But the Wraiths ? ?

?Enough with the Wraiths!? Now it was Tetengo's turn to look at Dorset in surprise. ?You can't judge yourself by their standards. The Wraiths and Rogues are on a different plane entirely ? comparing yourself to them would be like trying to compare banthas and snubfighters. You can't. Commander Antilles handpicked his pilots to be exceptions ? the dashing heros, the come from behind stories.?

?I'm not dashing??

Dorset swatted playfully at him. ?Stop it, you. I'm trying to be serious here.?

?For once in your life,? Tetengo muttered.

The Coruscanti native did not rise to the bait. ?All the more reason for you to pay attention, Ten. You just can't compare yourself to them.?

?You said that already.?

?I know, I know. Just listen. And I don't care if you never make it to their standards. Neither does Captain Mayn. Not even General Solo. All you have to do is be the best you can be. That's all anyone ever asks of you.?

?A

2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Good job, I liked this fic, and I actually like these characters, I was reading Solo Command recently, and I remember the few scenes that these two were in, and you wrote them well. Congratulations, this was awesome. =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.