main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends For a While (AU NJO Vignette--could be K/J, J/J, J/Z . . . whoever you want, really)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by duskwings, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Utuu

Utuu Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2002
    :D Yeah. It is well done. But I can't be completely straightforward, now can I? That'd be OOC.

2. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    LadyMairead - I loved it, and I mean that with no exaggeration.
    [face_blush] [face_blush] Wow . . . thanks. :)

It wasn't really 'dark' or 'angsty' in the traditional way; I would say desolate is a better way to describe it.
    *stares* You are a genius. That's the perfect way to describe it, but I never thought of that. Desolate . . . I love it! :D

But even their love is no longer a comfort to her.
    Yeah, I wanted to show that it wasn't a comfort. I actually wrote a sort of sequel to this, although I don't think it was as good as the original, in which . . . well, that would spoil it. ;) I was worried that some people would read this and think that love pulls her back, and that love triumphs over all, but it was not supposed to be anything at all like that. So I wrote the sequel, which is basically the continuation to this. Never posted it, though.

Fantastic. I love her utter indifference to everything. She's not a hero, nor does she have any desire to be. We usually don't get to see Jedi in that role, and it's great.
    It's really weird, because I think in some ways she was a Mary Sue, in the sense that she was a representative of me, expressing my exhaustion with life (at the time--I'm better now :)). And yet, she has none of the typical properties of a Mary Sue. Weird.

Well, I think I've used the word 'love' enough, so I shall stop this embarrassingly fangirlish review. Nicely written, duskwings.
    Ooh . . . but it's so wonderful to feel my ego inflating. 8-} Seriously, thank you. I'm glad you liked it. :)

Utuu - I got drawn in here by the pied piper of whatchamacallit, and I must say that she did me a service.
    Let me guess . . . the username of said piper begins with Lady and ends with Mairead. ;)

She's just so beautifully empty. It's incredibly compelling. Excellent work.
    [face_blush] Thank you.

-duskwings

3. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    I can't BELIEVE I never saw this! Oh duskwings! You are such a faithful reviewer for me, I'm so sorry!

I absolutely loved it. It's so heartbreaking yet so wonderfully delicious at the same time. Great job!

~~Jilly

P.S. I of course see it as a K/J. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.