main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For All That Is Unspoken..(JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by HannahBates, Jul 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Oh I just found this story. It's great. And I add my vote to "post now". :)

2. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    OH I missed that last post! I would also like to add my vote to you posting soon!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

3. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Well, darn...now it's the next day...so, post please?

4. HannahBates

HannahBates Jedi Grand Master star 1

Feb 20, 2001
    Good morning! Just a few remarks before today's post:

Unfortunately, this story will be from Qui-Gon's viewpoint. Afterall, this is all a flashback. I wanted to write some from Obi-Wan's perspective, but I don't see how I could make it consistent. Never fear though, our favorite padawan has ways of making his angst known.

Second, as for the post schedule, I only have one and a half posts written after this one and my writing time is very limited. (Darth RL requires me to submit a rough draft of my research report on Friday.) So I'm afraid I'm going to have to keep it to one post a day. Maybe when Darth RL stops holding a lightsaber to my thoat I'll be able to grant a few birthday posts.

Finally, there was a request for Yoda to hit Qui-Gon with his stick. While no master abuse occurs in this installment, I hope this satisfies that urge.

And now, on to the post.

Four hours later

Satisfied that he had a clear recollection and that he would be able to give a lucid testimony to the High Council, Qui-Gon opened his eyes. At first everything looked a little blurry; he blinked quickly a few times and was dismayed to feel a couple tears race down his cheeks. He quickly wiped them away. Distantly, he wondered when and if Obi-Wan had stopped crying. The boy had been rather distraught when he had left, and maybe...

'Stop it!' Qui-Gon sternly commanded. He was still thinking like a master, still thinking like he had a padawan to care for. That would have to come to an end. Obi-Wan was no longer his concern. The boy had thrown his trust away, and this time, it would not be given back. He had made that mistake once, no twice, before.

A small ray of light was peeking through one of the garden windows. Although Coruscant never got very dark, the arrival of dawn was still noticeable. Qui-Gon stood and stretched. His former master was an earlier riser and would certainly be awake by now. Qui-Gon considered returning to his quarters to change into his customary slacks and tunics, but decided against it. His robe concealed his unusual state of dress sufficiently for the casual passerby, and he didn't want to risk running into his former apprentice. It had taken the Jedi Master over three hours to achieve some semblance of calmness and serenity, and he was not going to do anything that might make him lose it.

Yoda still lived in the same quarters he had once shared with Qui-Gon and several padawans before him. Even now, the route from the garden to small master's chambers seemed hauntingly familiar to Qui-Gon. He could almost see himself running frantically down this hall, with his Padawan braid trailing behind him, as he tried to make it home before curfew. Those days were decades behind him, but he and Yoda were still very close. Yoda was the only person Qui-Gon had confided in after Xanatos's betrayal, and the diminutive Jedi Master had always looked out for his last Padawan. Qui-Gon frowned. Obi-Wan had been an unwilling and ignorant pawn in his former master's persistent attempt to erase the scars Xanatos had left; Yoda had prevented other Jedi from taking Obi-Wan as a Padawan, confident that he was the perfect match for Qui-Gon.

'Well,' Qui-Gon thought as he strode through the halls, 'it has finally been proven once and for all that Master Yoda is not omnipotent.' The truth was, he was comforted by this thought. Qui-Gon was still deeply ashamed of how Xanatos had duped him. Everyone except him had seen that Xanatos had no intention of following the Jedi Code; he was only interested in the Force for the power it could give him. The fact that Yoda had misjudged Obi-Wan, had missed his dishonesty and disloyalty, made Qui-Gon feel like less of a fool for being similarly deceived.

When Qui-Gon finally arrived at Yoda's door, he was almost looking forward to telling the meddling gnome how wrong he had been. The embarrassment would serve Yoda right for being such a nosy busybody. His choice to not take a padawan was his business and no one else's. He had trained one padawan to knighthood, and th

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Even better then a physical smackdown. I loved that Yoda expects Qui-Gon to find out about the nightmares and the ability of Obi-Wan's to shield so strongly! It's the only way to rub the Master's nose in his own blindness and assumptions!!

Fabulous plot Hannah!! :) :)

BTW, a post a day??? I find that extrememly generous myself and look forward to keeping this thread on the first page!! :D :D

6. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Just one whack isn't asking that much is it?
    So the reason Yoda likes Obi is cause Obi can eat and maybe enjoy his cooking? LOL!! Qui, go talk to Obi and find out "that little green troll" is right!!!

7. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I love it when Yoda knocks some sense into others, with or without his stick! :D

Excellent HannahBates!! I can't wait to see what Qui-Gon finds out! :) :) :)

8. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    So, a mystery you have set before us, hmmm? Toy with us you do...play with us! See you we can, HannahBates...sitting back and smiling evilly at us. For shame! ;) Great post! Great story! Agree with you that Darth RL can be darned inconvenient! I'm looking forward to tomorrow's post.

9. Obi-wan's Padawan

Obi-wan's Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2000
    Wow! Those last two posts were certainly interesting. :) I wonder where Obi learned to shield like that. It was very wise of Yoda to tell Qui to play detective and find out what is going on with Obi. I can't wait to see what he finds out!!

10. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Just upping this. It's a way cool fic! I can't wait for more!

11. Kaylla_Norn_II

Kaylla_Norn_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2001
    This is a well written story!! I can't wait for more! nope, nadda, neyet, la, nine..... And one post a day would be fantastic!! Thanks!

12. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Good for Yoda!
    I think that Qui-gon needed to be told off like that! Still I feel sorry for Poor Obi-wan right now, he must be feeling pretty sorry for himself, By the way I love the idea of posting everyday :)

13. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    This is a great story! I've always hated Qui-Gon's last words to Obi-Wan . . . it just never seemed right that he spoke only of Anakin, when Qui & Obi were supposed to be so close.

I'm waiting impatiently for tomorrow's post (I missed the voting or I would have asked for instant gratification. No patience I have :) )

14. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    I sooo agree greencat! Anyways, I just found this story, and I am now hooked. Dangit Qui! Always hurting my poor baby's feelings!! Grrrrr j/k. Please post soon!

15. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Jude Watson has nothing over you.You have been able to put so much in this last chapter.The entire chapter was good.Please post again and soon.There was not a sentence that did not hold my attention.PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    post more today PPPPPPPPLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAASSSSSEEE

17. jedi_dawn2dusk

jedi_dawn2dusk Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2000
    very awesome! I love how yoda is making Qui go back and learn about the things he just assumes and yoda liking Obi because he could eat yoda's cooking ;) sweet!

18. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Sorry, guys, I'm on Qui Gon's side in this one. Obi-Wan knew from JA#1: "You don't lie to a Master, shade the truth, or evade the question." You all keep saying "Qui Gon should trust him." Well, every time Qui Gon starts to trust him, he breaks that faith. And since HE obviously doesn't trust Qui Gon, why should it be mutual?

Until Obi Wan starts being honest, he doesn't deserve his Padawan status. And if he wants to stop the nightmares, he's got to grow up and talk about them. I mean, for Force sake, he's a teenager, not an eight-year-old!

Don't let them coax you, Hannah! Obi-Wan needs a good kick in the pants to realize he's taking this wonderful guy for granted! I'm with Qui Gon; there are probably a hundred initiates in the Temple who wouldn't lie to him, and who would be thrilled to have him as a Master! Let Obi sweat! Hey, if you're willing to fulfill a Yoda stick whack request...

(Which is not to say that I'm not as riveted as everyone else...and will be hanging for the next installment...)
    --Renata

19. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I gotta disagree with you there Mistress_Renata, I think Qui is the one who is doing far to much brooding. Yes Obi is a teen now, but only just. I have twin 12 year old girls, therefore I have lots of 13 and 14 year olds running around my house all the time so I know exactly how young that really is!!!!!

I find that Qui would only focus on the fact that Obi wont tell him about the dream and how he learned to shield so strongly and not more on how distraught Obi is over these dreams very disturbing. I am sure when he discovers through his investigation the reasons he will feel like the biggest creep in the galaxy!! I think Yodas suggestion was right on the money!!! He must always realize that he is partially responsible to Obis lack of trust in him, trust is a two way street and as the adult and teacher Obi will emulate what is being shown!!!

I can't wait for more, I am very anxious to learn along with Qui more about these dreams and where Obi learned to shield.

20. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    I also disagree! Ok, what if Obi didn't want to tell Qui cause it was haunting him sooo badly? I think he shoulda taken Obi to the Mind Healers or something, not dumped him for telling a small lie!!! I myself am a 13 year-old and umm ok well yeah, u get the idea... I think I will stop babbling and go back to lurking... buh-bye now!

21. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    They are both doing things wrong, but as the adult and teacher Qui-Gon has a greater responsibility to keep calm, have more patience, and behave appropriately. He's supposed to know better, while Obi is still learning.

Lying was not a good choice, Obi should have been repremanded, but Qui overreacted. As someone else said, Qui should have been focused on what was causing all the fear.

22. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Wow... we have a debate going here... Obi vs. Qui... this could get interesting... ;)

23. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    I think Qui is being thickhead. cuz what if the dream is painful for him to say

24. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I suppose if he is a "typical" teenager, he's bound to indulge in the self-pitying "My master doesn't understand me, he doesn't trust me" thing [but are Jedi Padawans "typical?" I picture them as a bit more mature than most of their peers, if you look at the missons they undertake, and the discipline required to study the Force...], but I still think that he has to take some responsibility for the concept that if he does not show he is worthy of trust (by telling the truth) he will not be trusted. For Qui-Gon to have reacted that strongly, it's obviously not the first time. (Is this after M/D?)

Obi-Wan, get OVER yourself! And remember that secrecy gives pain more power over you. Revealing and sharing pain diminishes it, and gives you allies to fight it.

Hannah, WRITE MORE!!! :) SOON!!! (I KNOW no one's gonna disagree with me on THAT!) :D (Do I need to add more exclamation points to that "soon?" :) )

25. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    If its Obi against Qui,I side with Obi,no matter what he does.With those eyes and dimple he can become a sith and I will still be for him{LOL LOL} PEACE.POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.