main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For All That Is Unspoken..(JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by HannahBates, Jul 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    a post! :) :) :)
    waiting for the next one... :D

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    First off, I wish you luck with your midterms!! :) :)

Secondly, that was a fantastic post Hannah. Like others I had grave doubts as to Yoda's dealing with Obi-Wan's nightmares. Exlain them well you did and I can understand all but his not telling Qui-Gon.

I look very much forward to his reasons in the next post!!

3. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    :( Of course you leave us hanging with Qui-Gon's question. I can see some where this ties in with TPM, but I still and not very sure.

4. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Waddya know, the troll has logic on his side!

Excellent post, Hannah! It sorted out the whole Yoda thing, I think, very satisfactorily (even if we haven't quite finished yet). I had a feeling that Yoda would have some good reasons for his actions tucked somewhere up his sleeves, given his obvious affection for Obi, but I'm glad to have that feeling finally confirmed!

As for TPM, I'm afraid I'm a very stupid person when it comes to these sorts of things and I can't for the life of me find the connection you mentioned. SiriGallia (my sister, who lets me read all her stories before she posts them) says that this particular form of stupidity makes me a good reader because everything surprises me in the end, but I find it rather frustrating.

Oh well, it will be nice and clear by the time the story ends, right?

Good luck on your midterms! See ya next weekend!

Sarah >^,,^<

5. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Really great, Hannah! Sorry to be late with my praise, but my Internet connection suffered "terminal interruptous" for 4 days!

I anxiously await your next post! :D

6. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
  7. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
  8. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    Sunday, did she say? That's soon!!

UP!

Sarah >^,,^<

9. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
  10. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    It's Sunday! And still no post! Are you trying to drive me insane?! Oh well. I'll wait. :)

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY

11. HannahBates

HannahBates Jedi Grand Master star 1

Feb 20, 2001
    Sorry this is late everyone. I had to wait until my father went into the office. Also, I fear that this post is a little on the short side. Family obligations and JA#15 (No, I hadn't read it yet.) limited by writing time. But the good news is that I'm on vacation now, and so you'll get another post in the near future. Thank goodness for fall break!

"My secret to tell it was not," Yoda answered softly while shaking his head. Qui-Gon was about to launch into a full blown diatribe on allowable breaches of confidence where children are concerned, but Yoda raised his hand, indicating that he was not yet finished. One of the few lingering side effects of being Yoda's padawan was that Qui-Gon could rarely bring himself to interrupt the venerable master. "If from me the truth came, always would Obi-Wan fear that influenced your opinion I did," Yoda continued. "Tell you himself and see firsthand what your reaction would be he needed to. Only then would he know without a doubt that secure his place at your side was. Urged him to confide in you I did, but further interference on my part I believed to be unwise."

Qui-Gon felt his anger at his former master cool to mere frustration. Yoda's reasoning was very....Yoda-like, for lack of a better description, and Qui-Gon was well-accustomed to the troll's most infuriating habit. Yoda always believed that Yoda knew best, and he had no qualms about treating others as if they were hapless children incapable of muddling through life on their own. Even when choosing not to interfere, Yoda remained a meddling gnome. He simply didn't know how to be anything else.

"Wrong I was," Yoda concluded.

At first, Qui-Gon's brain could not register what his ears were telling him. "What?" he exclaimed in utter disbelief.

Yoda's ears fell further still, and he closed his eyes. "Misjudged the strength of Obi-Wan's fear I did. Him resorting to dishonesty I did not foresee." Then Yoda's eyes flew open and he pinned Qui-Gon with a very earnest stare. "Know do I how painful that betrayal was. Intentionally set you up for a disappointment like that I would never....Padawan, sorry I am," he finished, his voice laced with sincere regret.

Yoda's heartfelt apology extinguished the last remaining ember of Qui-Gon's previous rage, but there was still one burning question that needed to be resolved. "Why the wild-nerf chase Master?" he asked. "Why didn't you tell me the truth as soon as I came to you that morning?"

"Ready to hear it, you were not," Yoda answered, reigniting all of Qui-Gon's resentment. Once again, Yoda knew best, Qui-Gon thought with contempt.

"I would have gone to Obi-Wan immediately!" Qui-Gon spat out with indignation. "We could have resolved everything that very morning. How in all of the Sith hells could you think that it would be better to let this wound fester for days while I 'played detective,' as you put it?"

"Ready, you were not!" Yoda repeated forcefully. "That morning, the only ones in the room you and I were not. A third presence there was, and because of him, reached you the truth never would have, even if revealed all had been."

The only thing that annoyed Qui-Gon more than Yoda's endless manipulations was the troll's infuriation propensity to be completely incomprehensible. "What are you talking about?" Qui-Gon questioned, his confusion and frustration weighing down every word. "I'm not in the mood to play games with you, Master. I'd appreciate it if you would cut out the riddles."

Yoda shook his head, and it was clear that his frustration equaled Qui-Gon's. "Xanatos" he clarified, spitting the name out as if it had an unpleasant taste. "When here you arrived, with you Xanatos came. Resurrected all of the pain and scars that one left, Obi-Wan's lie did. Equate the two, your mind already had. Contribute to your mistaken judgement I would not."

Qui-Gon sighed as Yoda's message reached him. Yoda feared that if had told him that morning that Obi-Wan suffered from visions where he was responsible for plunging

12. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Very evil, Hannah! [face_devil] But, also very good. Quite a perplexing problem Qui-Gon has there, and the entire future of the Jedi hangs in the balance of his decision. Very good cliffhanger! :D

13. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    Well... It is not that much of a cliffhanger.

Qui-Gon has alot to think about.

14. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    I STILL Despise that little Sith Troll!! :mad:

I love this story but Yoda drives me insane!!

15. Kaylla_Norn_II

Kaylla_Norn_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2001
    Anikin isn't Yoda's fault..... and truth to tell I don't think he's Obi-Wan's fault either. I think Anikin made some very dark choices. And that it was his own choice that were to blame for what he did. Soooo the darkness is Anikin's and Palpatines fault! [face_devil]

Lovely post.... anoying cliff hanger.... can't wait till next weekend!

16. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Well, Qui Gon has two choices.

One: He can not train Obi Wan, and Obi Wan will live without the Jedi ways and become something else in life... maybe the Sith would go after him. I don't know.

Two: Qui Gon could train him and let Obi live out his destiny/visions. Obi Wan would become a Jedi and end up training the Chosen One.

There are many possibilities. The one Qui Gon chooses will be of his own choice. I hope he makes the wise one :)

As always, great post Hannah [face_love]

17. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    As cliffhanger go, it's not that bad........now don't go get any ideas Hannah!

Qui's gonna answer "yes" right?

18. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    :) WONDERFUL STUFF! :)

Can't wait till next post!

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY

19. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
  20. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    Very well written, Hannah! I particularly liked Qui's speech about visions and letting the 'future' take control of you.

Yes, Yoda IS rather frustrating at times, but he DOES make Qui think and in this case he DID apologize, so I think I will forgive both him and Obi and Qui their stupidity and call that good.

Oh, and I'm finally catching on to the connection between this and TPM!

Must have more! Must hear Qui's answer! :)

Sarah >^,,^<

21. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    COOL post Hannah! Oooh... how very foreboding...

More soon right? :D

22. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I'm running out of ways to say: great post. Very well written. Want more soon. :D

23. HannahBates

HannahBates Jedi Grand Master star 1

Feb 20, 2001
    I love vacation! I've been catching up on all the great fan fict on these boards (Firedrake's Shrouded by Darkness, Cassia's Follow You Down, Knight Obi's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Ginger's Brewing are all fantastic!), reading Harry Potter (boy am I hooked!), and oh yes, writing! The result of all this leisure time: a mid-week post!

Now, this is a one-time thing. Unfortunately, all vacations must come to an end. I'll write another post for this weekend (look for it Sunday since I'm travelling on Saturday) and then we're back to one post a week because I'll be back in school. Thanks again for being patient with me.

Qui-Gon wished that he were having a nightmare. He wished that he could wake up and learn that Master Yoda, after careful study and meditation, considered Obi-Wan's visions to be disturbing fabrications of an overly active imagination or some mysterious whim of the Unifying Force. Anything would be better than accurate portrayals of a future filled with darkness with Obi-Wan at fault. Unfortunately, Qui-Gon was not dreaming, and he had no choice but to accept that Yoda believed Obi-Wan was destined to live out his nightmares. Qui-Gon was a little surprised to realize that what bothered him most about this appalling revelation was not that the Jedi Order may fall, or even that Obi-Wan may be responsible in some way. What troubled him most was the knowledge that Obi-Wan was destined to suffer the agonizing guilt and solitude depicted in the boy's nightmares. Qui-Gon wouldn't have wished such a fate on anyone, and the thought of Obi-Wan enduring such hardship made his heart ache.

Yoda was still waiting for an answer, so with considerable effort, Qui-Gon released his sorrow into the Force, allowing himself to focus on Yoda's all-important question. His knee-jerk reaction was that it would be wrong to train Obi-Wan given Yoda's prognosis. It wasn't that Qui-Gon believed that Obi-Wan would serve the Dark Side and intentionally destroy the Order, for nothing could make him think that the caring and idealistic boy could grow up to be evil. Qui-Gon knew that if Obi-Wan was somehow at fault for a dark future, it would be due to an entirely accidental error. Yet wouldn't it be foolish to train one destined to destroy the Jedi, regardless of whether or not that destruction would be intentional? Wasn't the existence of the Jedi important enough to warrant taking preemptive measures needed to ensure its survival? And wasn't it unfair to Obi-Wan to lead him down a path with such a ruinous destination? Yes, it was against Qui-Gon's philosophy to base any action on foresight, but when there was so much at stake, didn't an exception have to be made?

Wrong. It felt hideously wrong to Qui-Gon to be thinking this way. Concentrating and reaching to the Force for guidance, he delved deeper, searching for and finding the source of his unease. Fear. He was afraid, afraid that if he ignored the prophecies of the Unifying Force, he would be condemning Obi-Wan, the Jedi Order and the entire galaxy to a future that belonged in a nightmare. His own words came back to him; by surrendering to his fear of the future he would be forfeiting his chance to alter it. Qui-Gon Jinn wasn't willing to forfeit anything, and he had his answer for Master Yoda.

"Yes Master, I would have continued training Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon finally replied. "Maybe Obi-Wan is destined to inadvertently cause the downfall of the Jedi, but that just means that it is up to us to help him craft himself a new destiny. The future isn't written Master, and I will not allow visions and prophecies to write mine by dictating my actions in the present. As for Obi-Wan, he should be free to walk the path he finds for himself, and I have no doubt that his path will consistently strive for the light. If the trust between us had not been broken, I would have been honored to serve as his master."

For an moment, Yoda simply stared at Qui-Gon as if he were searching for something. Qui-Gon tried not to squirm as he wondered what

24. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    A mid-week post!! :D Thanks Hannah!! :)

And Qui? You'd better train him...........Or else................

25. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    And...another cliffhanger! Hannah, Hannah, Hannah...*shakes head slowly*...you are truly and evil person. Of course, we all know Qui will train Obi :) You're just taking a torturous route to bring us all to that conclusion. Great job, Hannah! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.