main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For All That Is Unspoken..(JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by HannahBates, Jul 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Great post! I liked the part where Yoda explains that he kept other masters from Obi because he knew that only Qui-Gon could train Obi-Wan, even against Yoda's disapproval. In a way it's ironic, because it is this same personality trait that will cause Qui-Gon to go against the council to get training for Anakin and eventually cause Obi to be Ani's master. The future may be always in motion, but apparantly destiny is not and when it comes to getting what it wants the Force is the master over Yoda in deviousness. ;)

2. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Extra post! Extra post! Yeah!

Great post Hannah. Now Qui will have to take Obi back. Yoda said so, and Qui had better listen to his old master. Now, Qui, go and say you're sorry to Obi.

~Swede :p

3. Knight_Obi

Knight_Obi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Hannah,

YOu are indeed a superb writer. These last few posts really brought out all the fears, and unresolved issues that Qui must face before he can fully accept Obi as his apprentice.

And what Yoda says is true. THe future is always in motion. And somehow, I believe the Force has a wry sense of humor. KNowing what we all know about Ani and Qui and Obi in TPm and on, it's just obvious how the Force intertwine these characters together.

I am looking forward to seeing posts about TPM present. THough I hope that that doesn't mean the fic is coming to a close. A fic this good should go on FOREVER...hehe

Hope you have a good vacation.

Knight_Obi

4. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    there is no evasion, there is forthrightness...

LOL!!! [face_laugh]

5. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    YOU ARE BRILLIANT HANNAH! WONDERFUL! SUPERB! EXCELLENT! DIVINE! Ahh... can't wait til next post! :)

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I can only repeat what others have already said!! That was superb!!

I loved that Qui-Gon ignored what the Unifying Force had shown and still believed that Obi-Wan should be trained...and Yoda throwing his head back and laughing at Qui's answer was great!!!

7. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Hannah, this is my sincere oppinion and not wild flattery (not that I'm given to wild flattery anyway, but I felt I ought to make that clear ;) ): You could write a best seller.

I particularly like the way your posts are just peppered with single lines that are so short, but say so much (like the line about Qui's first meeting with Yoda, and his ideas that a new line should be added to the Jedi code)! Also, there are Qui's reasoning sessions with himself. They're so REAL! Like when he looks down inside himself and realizes what's affecting his decision/decission/desishun is just ordinary fear. It made him seem very human (if his other actions and soul-searching hadn't before! ;) )

And best of all, I like the way all the stuff we've been following is finally coming down, without any leaps in logic, or speeding, to a clean conclusion!

Very well done! I look forward to more with great anticipation. :)

Sarah >^,,^<

8. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Ah! I missed a post! :eek: Cool one too!

Will we be getting another postie soon Hannah? :)

9. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    WOW :eek: I missed a mid week post! I cannot believe it.

Okay, first and foremost- great post. Everything flowed well and there was great insight and detail.

I love Qui Gon's thoughts and opinions and I love the whole conversation concerning Obi Wan between Qui Gon and Yoda. I am glad Yoda finally told Qui Gon that only he (Qui) is suited to train Obi Wan.

Your posts have me actually thinking and wondering what will happen next and now, I am on pins and needles to know what Qui Gon will say to Yoda and Obi.

10. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    :_| I missed one of the best posts!

jumps up and down in her seat GO YODA, GO YODA!! :D :D

Come on, Qui say that Will train Obi! [face_love]

Hannah, that was so good! Is there a post soon? Humm? Please? :(

11. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Hey, I actually like the little green guy for once... ;) :D

12. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    HannahBates, Where are you??? It's Sunday night and you haven't posted yet!! :_| :_| Have the evil ones, Darth Writer's Block and Darth Real Life, been harrassing you?? Please Post soon, I hope we don't have to wait t'll next Saturday!!

13. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    here post post postie! Here postie. . . where are you postie?

14. HannahBates

HannahBates Jedi Grand Master star 1

Feb 20, 2001
    Sorry to keep you waiting! I ran into a mild case of Darth Writer's Block halfway through this post and it just came to me in thermodynamics class this morning how I wanted to finish it. At least something good came out of thermo this moring, since I understood none of the lecture...

"What if I can't, Master?" Qui-Gon asked in return, bowing his head so that he wouldn't see the disappointment in Yoda's eyes. Yoda's revelation simultaneously relieved and sickened him. Part of him was thrilled that Yoda truly believed him to be the best, the only, master for Obi-Wan. Ever since Qui-Gon learned of Yoda's interference in Obi-Wan's selection, he had been plagued by the fear that Yoda had kept Obi-Wan from his rightful master, someone worthy of guiding a bright innocent child to knighthood, someone without the mounds of emotional baggage that Qui-Gon carried. Qui-Gon had suspected that Yoda acted for the good of his former padawan at Obi-Wan's expense, and the guilt accompanying that suspicion was a constant weight on the back of his mind. Now that weight had been lifted, only to be replaced by a far greater burden. According to Yoda, Qui-Gon was Obi-Wan's only hope; there were no other masters waiting in the wings for the chance to train the boy. Qui-Gon wanted Obi-Wan to become a knight, but he wasn't sure that he could make that journey with him.

Qui-Gon could sense his former master's sorrow, and he knew that if he looked up, he would see the sparkle vanish from Yoda's eyes, see his ears droop in grief. "Forgive his lie, you cannot?" he asked softly with a level of compassion that surprised Qui-Gon. He had expected Yoda to reprimand him for stubbornly holding on to a grudge, but there was no reproach in the master's voice. Maybe Yoda understood after all.

"I have forgiven him, Master," Qui-Gon replied. "He apologized, and I forgave him last night. But you and I both know that forgiveness is not enough." Qui-Gon sighed as he offered Yoda the bitter truth. "Five days ago you spoke to me about trust and faith. I understand now what you were trying to tell me; I see what was missing in Obi-Wan's and my relationship. But that doesn't mean that I can fix it, Master. Maybe, maybe..." Qui-Gon trailed off, unwilling to put what he was thinking into words.

Yoda did it for him. "Fear you do that trust is within your reach no longer?"

Qui-Gon nodded. There was no reason to clarify where that fear sprang from; they both knew exactly where its origins lay. "I can't train Obi-Wan if I'm constantly waiting for him to disappoint me. It wouldn't be fair to either of us. As much as I want to believe that he'll never betray me again, I can't convince myself of it. And I know that as long as I withhold my trust, Obi-Wan will never feel secure at my side, and the more likely it is that history will repeat itself. It's a vicious cycle, Master, and I don't know how to free us from it. So I have to ask you, what if I can't train Obi-Wan?"

Yoda didn't hesitate. "Train him I would," he answered. "If you relinquish your role as Obi-Wan's master, my padawan he will be."

Qui-Gon's head flew up in shock. Yoda had sworn that his teaching days were behind him. He often joked that Qui-Gon had proven too much for him, but Qui-Gon knew that Yoda's semi-retirement had more to do with the elderly master's own energy reserves than his last padawan's troublesome habits. Yoda could still hold his own in a battle, and his mind was as keen as ever, but he simply no longer had the endurance needed to complete a harsh mission. And even the most straightforward diplomacy assignment could turn hostile in a heartbeat, possibly demanding days without sleep or nourishment. Several of the missions during the final years of Qui-Gon's apprenticeship had drained Yoda terribly, and Qui-Gon had been extremely relieved when Yoda announced that his days in the field were over once Qui-Gon was knighted.

"Difficult it would be," Yoda confirmed, no doubt picking up on Qui-Gon's concerns. "In the field a p

15. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    He had no desire to endure this nonsence a fourth time.
    [face_laugh] LOL [face_laugh]

As always, great post.

~Swede :D

16. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    I'll gladly second that, great post, Hannah! Although, I think I'm just as confused as Qui-Gon! LOL! Looking forward to Saturday.

17. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    [face_laugh]
    Yoda never gives a straight answer does he?

18. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Thank You!!! :D :D

Yes, Yoda can be a major pain!! Qui-Gon should go find Obi-Wan and help him move back home!!

Obi-Wan has suffered enough already! Having Yoda as a master would be absolute torture! (We can see what it has done to Qui-Gon!! ;) ) In fact, if Yoda was his master, I wouldn't blame him if he DID go darkside!!

19. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    Ok, if Yoda had taken Obi-Wan as a Padawan, what Ben had said about himself would not have been so unturthful. (ESB)

I have got a feeling that what Yoda is saying has some truth, but I think he just was to see Qui stick up for his Padawan, and to confirm that Qui will take Obi back. :)

"And Padawan, for that which is already found, search not."

:confused: Does that mean that Qui should not look for anwsers that were told to him and to things he already knows? Is it that he should look for something different and something unknowing?

20. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    WOW! GREAT POST HANNAH! I hate to think that this story is coming to an end... SOB!

Oh well, as long as everything works out fine - i'll be happy.

As for: "And Padawan, for that which is already found, search not."

I think he meant something along the lines of "You already know the answer in your heart blah blah blah..." Or maybe i just interpreted it COMPLETELY wrong which is also a possiblility...

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY

21. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Great post Hannah! Grrr...Yoda's so...contradicting!!!

More soon please! :D

22. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    LOl! That post added some nice humor, Hannah! heheh, Yoda's quite the stubborn green troll, isn't he? :)

23. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    sometimes i could jusst kick Yoda

24. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Poor Qui-Gon...head muddled up by Yoda...

25. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Ah, the little booger. A clever trick with the repeating bit, if a little annoying. I suppose when your padawan is taller than you at age four, you have to come up with more subtle ways of disiplining them. ;)

I liked your description of Yoda on the field and Obi's life if Yoda took him.

So, Qui's confused because of Yoda, Yoda's cofused because of Qui, and I'M confused by Qui, Yoda, Obi, and you, Hannah.

Fortunately, you can help me out, right? :D

Sarah >^,,^<

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.