For All That Is Unspoken..(JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by HannahBates, Jul 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Fabulous post Hannah!! I loved the way Yoda kept repeating himself when interrupted by Qui-Gon.

I agree with those that believe Qui-Gon already knows he can give his trust to Obi-Wan.
  2. Sarah_K Jedi Master

star 4
  3. greencat336 Jedi Knight

star 5
  4. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ack! POST! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!??????
    :_|
  5. HannahBates Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Q: What happens when a physics major tries to finish a take-home philosophy essay exam?
    A: Anything but fan fict writing.

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to delay the usual Saturday post. It may sound strange coming from a fan fict writer, but I really really hate writing anything except fan fiction and research reports. I mean a deep down dark side hate. So after spending all afternoon trying to figure out why philosophers think the way they do while staring at a blank Word document, I'm in no position to even consider Qui and Obi's communication woes.

I'm hoping that after working on this nightmare tonight and all day tomorrow, I'll be able to write a post and have it ready for Sunday. I'll do my best. Thanks again for being so patient with me. I hate letting you down.

Hannah
  6. HannahBates Jedi Youngling

star 1
  7. HannahBates Jedi Youngling

star 1
  8. HannahBates Jedi Youngling

star 1
  9. imzadi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    *delurk* Good luck on your exam, Hannah! This is an excellent story! The premise is so original and you've written it very well.
  10. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I'll second imzadi's words of encouragement, and wish you luck with your essay-exam. WE'll be hear to read when you get the chance to post again. :) :)
  11. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 5
    :eek: WOW! THIS IS SUPURB!!!!!! Hannah, you're amazing! :eek: :D

Don't worry about not posting - when your brain is fried from school it's hard to think about anything... :_| ;)

We'll be here when you are ready to post! :D
  12. Sarah_K Jedi Master

star 4
    Good yuk! (to quote my little sister and to comunicate my personal dislike for blank word documents as well) ;)

Sarah >^,,^<
  13. JediCandy Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Excellent posts. I think that that which Yoda tells Qui-Gon to not bother looking for is trust in Obi-Wan. If he didn't trust Obi, why would he be so quick to defend him? He just doesn't realize he trusts him yet.

JediCandy
  14. greencat336 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Good luck with your philosophy essay! We will be here patiently waiting for you :)
  15. KSkywalker Jedi Master

star 3
    Oh!! This wait is torture!!!! Please spare us!! Please give us a post soon!!
  16. TwilightKat Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Mitress Renata - come back! Discussions r what helps pass the time between updates!
    Have just glutted the entire fic. and all the discussions raging over it, and have come to the following conclusions:
    1 - NEED MORE updates!
    2 - anyone up for another round of keyboard sparring?
    3 - am drowning in coursework, so prob. shouldn't BE here!
    But here r some of my op.s now that I am here...
    Obi-Wan's an insecure, underloved boy who is shoved into a VERY BAD situation. WHAT WOULD U HAVE DONE? About lying, well what about Yoda?- he's the head of the Council and should know better. In fact a lot of Jedi get away with bending the truth or MANIPULATING things to their advantage. Why is it that Jinn's so self-righteous when it comes to 'pathetic lifeforms' and is perfectly ok with manipulating ppl's minds!(actually, I didn't think of this myself, it was said - in similar wording - by Obi-Wan in a SW comic) And, Yes the LGT(little green troll) had O and Q's best interest at heart, but tell me that u wouldn't really like to drop-kick him out a window once in a while - preferably from the council spire!
    Anyway - esp. loved the repeating sentence tactic - can I use it sometime? & good luck on exam!!!(in case u want to know, it's 3.50 in the morn. and I'm up doing Eng. coursework which depressed me so much that I ended up here, and have been simultaneously been doing c/w and reading this. I'm almost finished, and thanks for keeping me relatively sane Hannah!)
  17. KSkywalker Jedi Master

star 3
    "And, Yes the LGT(little green troll) had O and Q's best interest at heart, but tell me that u wouldn't really like to drop-kick him out a window once in a while - preferably from the council spire!"

Hmmm.... Every once in awhile? You're very forgiving! [face_devil] With me it would be every day!! [face_devil] Just because he's lived over 800 years, he thinks he knows EVERYTHING!! :mad: ;) I wouldn't be surprised if Yoda was the cause of Anakin's fall!!!

Gee.... Can you tell I'm not a big fan of Yoda? :p
  18. TwilightKat Jedi Youngling

star 2
    (muttering)just 400words to go...need sleep...hmm...somehow I've ended up here again. No updates(patented pout no.2)...
    -sigh- back to c/w...
  19. ewen Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I guess we are in a "HURRY UP & WAIT" mode.I thought Hannah said she would be able to post Sunday?!?!?!?!?!?PEACE Ewen
  20. jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, good luck with everything, Hannah! I hope it all goes well! :)

in the meantime.... [shameless plug] I would REALLY appreciate it if anyone would check out my new story Better Left Unspoken. It's my first attempt at an OT ever and I'm really nervous about it!

And Hannah, I *promise* that I was in no way trying to steal your title! :( A friend was helping me come up with one (I was completely mind dead) and I wanted something that mentioned the consequences when (and under what conditions) Luke and Leia find out about the truth of their relationship to Vader - the knowledge better when not possessed.
  21. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Aha! Jedi_Master_Gimpy! I've been looking for you! Where were you on June 13th? Who is Mr. Tinkles? And did you, or did you not write a rewrite of TPM at some point in your life?

(Just answer the last question.) :D
  22. jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master

star 4
    heheh, lol Ani. Yes, I wrote a TPM version called "Right Here Waiting," however if you're referring to the "I've never written a OT before" comment, then by "OT" I meant solely ep 4 - 6, with no young, *cute* Obi-Wan in it! ;)
  23. ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Great Post. Thought I replied when you first wrote it, but I guess, I didn't. I am too tired to write anything coherent, so i must go to bed :_|
  24. ewen Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Is it last sunday yet.PEACE Ewen
  25. Maija Darklighter Jedi Youngling

star 2
    AWESOME!

*kick qui in the butt, toss yoda out of the council'd tower, scold obi for lying but in end gives him a hug*

:D
    LoL

POST SOON HANNAH!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.