main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For All That Is Unspoken..(JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by HannahBates, Jul 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    (looks in on yet another fic...) :_| Waaaahh! No updates! (starts pacing) OK, can understand 'attack of evil computer' syndrome (mutters - know it first-hand) but can't u use 'nother computer to post...like ur dad's? He let u do it b4. (hopeful look) I can be VERY annoying. U don't want me to start bugging u. My powers of persuasion have been underestimated b4 (moment of silence for victim) (puppy eyes) "Is the post here yet?"

2. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Up!

Sarah >^,,^<

3. A1C_Tex

A1C_Tex Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2001
    This needs to go up, and are you going to post the complete story some place else that way people can read the whole thing w/o people's comments in between parts!?

4. TwilightKat

Nov 12, 2001
    (steam emitting from ears) saw that there was a post(pause) hoped/thought it was Hannah come to save us from our suffering! It wasn't. (and no that isn't a royal 'we', I was kinda talking for everyone as a whole)
    Next time I'll bring out the BIG GUNS. (looks threatening) (TK)

5. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Hannah does not usually do this to her readers,promise a post then disapprear for a week,without letting us know something.PEACE Ewen

6. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    You're right, ewen, which is what makes me think there must be a really good reason for her absense/absence/absince.

Sarah >^,,^<

7. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    Ah, thank you Jedi_Master_Gimpy, I've been looking for that WONDERFUL story for a long time, but I can definitly say that it's the best rewrite of TPM that I've ever read!

I wish you had made TPM.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, stpid GL had too.

*Mutters*
    Honestly. Wouldn't kill him to give us some mush.

8. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Wow, THANKS Ani! [face_blush] That means a lot to me! :D

Yes, where is Hannah? I hope everything's ok.... :(

9. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    What? Hannah!!?? Come back!!! :(

Darn, I saw this and I thought WOO HOO!!! POST!!! *sigh*

*Carries on waiting patiently*

10. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    So much for Woo Hoo post ;)

11. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    This is making me ill. I am reading three JA stories at different sites {this one included}.All are very very good,except for one thing the authors who are normally reliable have stopped posting without a word of explanation.So,how is everyone elses weekend been?!?!?PEACE Ewen

12. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Hmmmm. No post. How sad for us.

As to the points TwilightKat raises:

I like Yoda, but he is an interfering old troll. He thinks he's always right because most of the time he is right (infurirating as it is). Okay, he made a couple of bad calls, but overall he does okay . . .

Jedi lying. Strange but I was contimplating this very idea. It seems to me that there are some basic Jedi rules on truth telling. 1) Never lie to your Master/Jedi in general
    2) Never lie to yourself (self-deception can be dangerous)
    3) If on a mission and telling the truth would compromise the mission objectives or cause harm to befall a large number of people, it is okay to lie or manipulate the minds of others.
    4) Except for the above situation (#3) don't lie, tell the truth.

Hmmmm. Think Hannah's brain imploded from finals? Shouldn't Winter Break be starting soon?

13. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    My weekend's been fine, ewen. Why do I get the impression yours hasn't been? :)

And that's what I'm counting on, greencat, for a lot of the stories I'm reading! So many of the authors have this, that, or the other thing that they need to be doing in school, and the only cure for it is vacation!

Sarah >^,,^<

14. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Though I am really disappointed over not getting another post,I am sure that something with Hannah has come up to keep her from us.I hope it is just extra school work or maybe just needing a break and nothing serious.PEACE Ewen

15. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    I hope Hannah is okay... :eek: Hopefully it's only school being a pain...

*begins to look around under rocks and in trees...* ;)

Nope, nowhere to be found... ?[face_plain] :p

I guess we'll all just be patient and wait until she can return! :D

16. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Remember to check in lakes.

17. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Oh please Hannah don't let this thread die, it's far far too good!!!!

I hope you can find a computer to at least check in with if not post. Saturday just isn't that same without a post from you :(

18. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    :_| Still no word from Hannah :_|

Please Hannah throw us a bone and at least let us know we haven't been forgotten.... I love [face_love] [face_love] this story far far far to much for it to just end!!!!!

19. TwilightKat

Nov 12, 2001
    Thankyou greencat for the delightful image of exploding brains. ;)
    I don't know Hannah as well as the rest of u guys, but from what I've seen/read she'll return asap.
    Haven't got a clue 'bout the difficulty of Finals - but the word itself sounds perfectly horrendous. I mean 'Finals' - could the education systen(or whoever) have picked a more menacing term!
    (frowning) Come to think of it - there are a LOT of words like that. I mean, exams, what kind of word is THAT - u feel as though u're a bug about to be placed under the microscope and dissected or something(which is actually eerily close to the reality)...and coursework DEADLINES! hello?! as if there isn't enough pressure put on students already, without the coming of Armageddon implication!!!!

(silence, and clearing of throats)

[face_blush] (comes down off soapbox, and speaks more calmly)
    I don't have anything against school in itself - it's just that there's enough 'doom and gloom' as there is, and there's no need to add to it (fantasy/fanfic universe not included -grin-) (sulks) and it's keeping Hannah away.
    I refuse to believe that anything has happened to her...she'll come back when she's free of Darth RL. Let's keep this thread up until then - it'll be a nice suprise for her, to see her fic on the first page (HINT EVERYONE!)
    So UP!

(damn that was a long post) :D

20. HannahBates

HannahBates Jedi Grand Master star 1

Feb 20, 2001
    I'm sorry. I'm afraid that I don't even have a monumental excuse to offer you. All I can say is that a combination of that dreadful philosophy midterm, a couple of rough problem sets, a huge deadline on the horizon, Thanksgiving travel, and a not-so-mild case of Darth Writer's Block have kept me from making any progress on this story.

I'm not giving up by any means, so don't worry. The end of this part is in sight, and it will come to me eventually. I want it to be perfect, and I can't count the number of times I've stared at my computer begging for Qui and Obi to tell me how exactly they want to resolve this mess they've gotten into. But inspiration hasn't come yet, and my homework keeps me from mulling over it for too long.

I'm touched by all of the concern, both for the continuation of the story and for me personally. I never intended to keep you all hanging for so long; I just realized today that I haven't posted in weeks.

As for the story, I'm going to work on it this weekend, and I desperately want to finish Part 1. I'm going to do my best. As always, I thank you for your patience and understanding. You are the best readers a stressed college student could ask for!

Hannah

21. TwilightKat

Nov 12, 2001
    SHE'S ALIVE! :)
    I never doubted it for a second. ;)
    as long as you're ok, the fic will get updated...it's just a matter of time and patience - which I apparantly need to practice anyway. :D I'll just go happily back to my h/w...

ps - for anyone in England, the 100 best films ever thing is on at 9:00pm on Channel 4...and I'm 99% sure it's got Trainspotting clips and 100% sure it's got Star Wars clips in it...which means we might get a look at our fav. Jedi -
    well he's my fav. at least :D
    Just thought u'd like to know. (grin)

22. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    Just so long as you're not dead, Hannah, we'll forgive you in a heartbeat. Otherwise... ;)

Sarah >^,,^<

23. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Hiya Hannah, glad your not dead :D

While it would have been nice if we got a post, I so very much understand writers block (Darth WB has been plauging me for several months. Hope you have better luck defeating him) We will wait patiently until your posts are ready for us. Okay, the truth is we'll wait impatiently, begging and whining, but wait just the same ;)

Twilightkat, I laughed out loud at your comments about school terms (my study hall students stared at me for the outburst)

24. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Lucky England :_| Obi [face_love]

25. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Hannah,,but hey We have been with you so long,I hope you don't let us down now.I mean I know you are busy,but hey it has been almost three weeks.We have been with you since July 19th.Peace Ewen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.