main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For All That Is Unspoken..(JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by HannahBates, Jul 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    OK NOW IF THIS STORY DON'T GET A POST SOON I'M NOT GOING TO READ THIS ANY MORE U HAVE 5 DAYS!!!!

2. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Patience JennyTLG. Shouting about it won't make her post sooner. I'd personally rather that she took her time and came up with more excellent posts than rushing it and finishing on a bad note.

Although Hannah, if you feel like posting very soon (hint hint) I won't mind! :D

-Little Patient Jedi-
    MTFBWY

3. Maija Darklighter

Maija Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    umm maybe bonking her head wiht rubber mallet will work? Belive me I have done this with other fanfic write and it works pretty well on bring them back to their sense.

But....

I'M BEGGING U HANNAH! DONT LEAVE US!
    *BAWL* DONT LEAVE US!

I think i'm going to make myself a puddle so I can drown myself if hannah doesnt post soon before christmas.

4. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    Patience is a virtue, not to mention curtious, we should be patient and we will be rewarded (hopefully) with a great post. :)

5. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    I agree, Sticks-Solo! Besides, every Jedi should have patience regardless. This will be good practice!

Sarah >^,,^<

6. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    **BOWS AND SAYS YES MASTERS I SHALL WAIT*****

7. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I guess we will have to be patient,but just for the record,I AM NOT A JEDI,I am a JEDI FF reader.PEACE Ewen

8. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Only one more week until Christmas and as I recall Hannah said we should have a post before Christmas.... I HOPE I HOPE!!!!!!!

BTW.... HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!!!!!

9. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    I'm going with the original:

Up! :)

10. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Upsy-daisy. :)

11. LittleJedi

Jun 4, 2001
  12. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    O.K. lets see,Hannah said her school project would be completed on Friday Dec.14th,then she would need to sleep.She also said that she no longer had writers block.Now on the count of three,1-2-3 shout"HANNAH WAKE UP AND POST". No matter how you all celebrate this season have a safe and happy one.PEACE Ewen

13. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    [humming x-mas tunes as a reminder] Hannah; you alive or just in a comatised sleep?
    [face_plain]

;)

[whispers] if anyone needs something to pass the time; my fic's finally on the board... [innocent look]

14. LittleJedi

Jun 4, 2001
    (It's Christmas Eve Hint hint!)

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

(May The Force be with you on this and every night!)

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY

15. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    Hannah, where are you, please post, or have we been forgotten?

PLEASE
    PLEASE post. :)

16. HannahBates

HannahBates Jedi Grand Master star 1

Feb 20, 2001
    Happy Holidays?

I know, I know, it's been far far far too long. But to paraphrase Han Solo, "This time I've got the post." And its long. Its very very long. I present, as a Christmas present to my faithful and ever-patient readers, the LONG-awaited conclusion to Part 1 of For All That Is Unspoken. And as a bonus, I include the prologue to Part 2.

This story has brought me much joy, as has all of your comments. Thank you for sticking with me.

Qui-Gon walked through the halls of the Jedi temple in a daze. It was now mid-morning, and several masters greeted Qui-Gon as he made his way from Yoda's quarters to his own. He wished each one a good day, but upon reaching the safe haven of his living area, he found that he could not name one recipient of these pleasantries. Qui-Gon berated himself for his lack of focus, for it was clear that his mind had not left Yoda's chambers with the rest of him. As an active field operative, keeping his attention on the moment on hand was more than a Jedi rule, it was a survival tactic. "You're losing your edge, old man," Qui-Gon mumbled to himself as he fixed a cup of tea. "The safety of the temple is no excuse for pure sloppiness."

Qui-Gon's wrist froze in mid-stir. Yes, the temple was safe now. For a Jedi, it was the eye in the storm of injustice, suffering and danger which thundered throughout the galaxy. It was the one place where a Jedi count on nights of unguarded sleep, supportive and trustworthy peers, and constant guidance, whether it was desired or not. It was home, and no matter how desperate Qui-Gon had been to avoid it over the course of the past three years, its mere existence was a source of comfort in his life. Qui-Gon could not fathom what it would be like for the Order to lose the temple, nor could he imagine working in the field without the sanctuary it offered.

Qui-Gon's tea was forgotten as he stared straight ahead, his mind struggling to conjure up the images Obi-Wan had described. He imagined the Council tower, perched like an antenna at the top of the temple, falling straight down as the structure below it folded in on itself. The resulting mental picture took his breath away, but before he could fully resolve the horrific scene, Qui-Gon realized how foolish he was being. The temple was a place, a building, nothing more. It had historical and sentimental value, but it was not the heart of the Jedi Order. In Obi-Wan's vision, a fully occupied temple had been destroyed. At any given moment, over twenty thousand Jedi, approximately one fifth of the Order, could be found in the Coruscant temple, and that number did not include the children. Focusing on Obi-Wan's foreseen demise of the temple itself was like rushing into a burning building to save a favorite book.

Worse, if Obi-Wan's visions were to be believed, the loss of the Jedi within the temple would be only the beginning. Qui-Gon's hands shook as he contemplated witnessing the death of every padawan, knight and master. Obi-Wan foresaw himself as the sole surviving Jedi, and the shear loneliness of such an existence--

At that instant, Qui-Gon's thoughts were shattered by a searing pain in his hands. Looking down, he was shocked to see that his hot tea had spattered over the sides of the mug he gripped. Grimacing, he moved over to the facet and held both hands under a stream of cold water. Fortunately, the tea had cooled a little since he had prepared it, and the burns appeared to be minor. After a few minutes, Qui-Gon gently dried his hands and went to the refresher to retrieve the tube of bacta gel there. Applying the soothing cream to the red blotches, Qui-Gon thought of how he would have made Obi-Wan take such an injury to the healers and endure An-Paj's wraith for being so careless with near-boiling liquid.

Obi-Wan. He was supposed to be thinking about Obi-Wan's apprenticeship, not the boy's visions. Qui-Gon sighed and shook his head at his own hypocrisy. He had just spent hours insisting that Obi-Wan's visions were totally irrel

17. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    My, My,My,you have been my angel on Christmas eve.What a nice present.Thank you for a long wonderful post.Only problem is,You have peeked my interest again.25th.Birthday?????Have a wonderful holiday season Hannah,and everyone who has kept up with this awesome story.PEACE Ewen

18. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Now this was a welcome present!!

Wonderfully written Hannah! :)

But are you SURE you have to kill Qui off at the end?

19. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Aww [face_love]

That was truly the best ending you could've wrote for this story. I loved how Obi Wan was only going to ask if they could still be friends and how much that meant to Qui Gon. It was the sweetest, nicest, one of the most mushiess things I have ever read :)

You put together a great story Hannah, and I cannot wait until you begin posting the sequel :) I know it will be awesome.

Anna [face_love]

20. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    You do give the most lovely Christmas gifts, Hannah! :)

A perfect ending all around with splashes of Qui's determination (once he figures himself out), Obi's... OBI-ness (the 'can we still be friends' nearly made me cry!) and Yoda's meddlesomeness (loved the line about Yoda being Yoda, warts and all).

Now comes the problem of not being able to wait for part 2! :( But don't worry, I'll be there. ;)

Merry Christmas!

Sarah >^,,^<

21. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    That was a wonderfully mushy ending to a wonderful story! Wow! I don't think I can wait for part 2!! :D 25th birthday? Hmmm...

Anyway, great story!! :)

22. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    What a great gift Hannah.... Thank you!!!!!

This was the perfect ending to an exceptional story!!! I look forward to part 2. I hope we get an explanation as to what happened at Obi's 25th birthday party... that was quite a little tease you left us with :D :D :D

23. Maija Darklighter

Maija Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    Yes Hannah yes you have been a lil angel on christmas.

Ewen is right.

24. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Well, it has been a good Christmas. :) Not only did I clean up this morning, but you finished this lovely story with a nice happy ending. :) I'll be looking forward to reading part two.

25. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    I loved that Hannah :) Yay! Mush! And ooh...suspense! BEST way to conclude a wicked story! :D

looking forward to the next one! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.