main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For all you comic book lovers

Discussion in 'Archive: Moncton, NB' started by DarthBabe, Apr 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    LOL, yeah, plenty of comic book geek chicks on PEI :p

2. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    For some reason, most girls only read anime comics...

Last time I went there the clerk was the same as all the others.

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

3. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Well, Strange Adventures in Fredericton is an excellent comic-only shop... well, comics and comic merchandise, anyway. But they get all of the indie stuff, even locally published ones.
    Not as friendly and plain cool as Comic Hunter, though.
    I was just in Saint John, and stopped into this tiny place downtown called Sorceror Stone... man, if you've missed an issue of ANYTHING in the past several years, this place has it. Any issue that's sold-out, they have. They had like 5 copies of Wolverine #1, which sold out months ago! It was pretty dark and dingy, but a great resource if you need to fill in the gaps of your collection.

Although has anyone else noticed that maritime comic shops have a tendency to... not have cash registers? Most of the shops I've been to, the guy behind the counter just whipped out a calculator. It's kinda sad.

4. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Yeah, comic hunter is pretty friendly. Jeff (the guy that owns it) is a pretty cool guy. He's always putting extra stuff in my slot that he thinks I might like. And half of the people that work there - I think they just volunteer. I know at least one person that I work with that volunteers there just for the hell of it.

5. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Cool

The clerk there this time showed us weird merchandise instead of giving us weird looks. He was sitting there "Sometimes, we order stuff and we don't know what it is." So he pulls out this opaque, well sealed box. I think he was hoping we'd be able to identify it for him. :p

Then he said they'll probably stick it on Ebay and let whoever buys it figure it out. :p

6. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Was he a skinny guy with glasses and short hair?

7. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    I don't remember. I'm downright terrible with faces. :p

8. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
  9. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Are you mocking me? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.