main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For all you MTV2/Video Game fans...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DARTH_CORLEONE, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_CORLEONE

DARTH_CORLEONE Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Just finished two hectic weeks of editing material for MTV2's Video Game Guide, which airs tomorrow on...MTV2, yeah that's it. Basically a schpeil on the hottest games of '04 with ~two-minute segments on each game highlighting the gameplay and the celebrities associated. The games for which I did the sequences are Tony Hawk's Underground 2, Prince of Persia 2, ESPN NBA 2K5, Gran Turismo 4, The Urbz: Sims in the City, Def Jam: Fight for NY, and Resident Evil 4. I'm not much of a video game fan, but it was fun sifting through these ridiculous games. It should be a fun program, so tune in and enjoy.

2. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    You wrote it, or hosted it, or what?

3. DARTH_CORLEONE

DARTH_CORLEONE Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Sorry, should have been clearer. The program itself was produced by G-Net, here in NYC. The host is Jonathan Drubner...if any of you usde AOL, G-net produces all the sequences for the AOL Video Games section, downloadable videos on players tips and such. I've done a lot of video editing for them over the last year, and the AOL sequences I do are the ones named "Phive" and "V.I.P.", with a "First Tip" here and there. Jonathan does all the writing and voice-overs for the clips, as well as hosting others. G-Net also produces the I-Guide DVD's, which are walk-throughs of various popular video games. Anyway, they got to do the entire MTV2 Video Game Guide program, which we were grinding away at for the last two/three weeks.

What I found difficult, aside from the fact that I don't play video games, is that we were given a pallette of popular music to use for the segments, but I don't listen to any of today's music, so I would have no idea what's overplayed or what have you, since I've never heard any of these songs in my life. All the hip-hop songs sounded the same to me, so I couldn't tell if I was using the same song twice (turns out I didn't). I've never heard of P.O.D. or Godsnatch or whatever until I did these segments. I just went with what songs seemed to fit, and luckily, everyone seemed okay with it. Anyway...it should be a fun program, even for those who already know the games.

4. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I would have had the same problem with the music. I don't listen to what the youngin's do nowadays.

I'll try to tune it. I'm sure it will be repeated all week. Cool job you have !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.