main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For Anakin Solo fans only! ( See New Thread by DP4M )

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sith-Pirate, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

The others apparently feel Jacen's death in the force but we know he's not dead because he's in Traitor. So now we know that it is possible to FEEL someone die in the force AND HAVE THEM NOT BE DEAD!!

This plays into a theory I layed out in another thread about Vergere.

2. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    "Anyway, get over it. He is dead."

What are you doing on a message board?
    The whole point of a message board is that people discuss their opinions. If you cannot accept that some people have different opinions than you, you shouldn't be on a message board.
    Your opinions are not facts. Get over that.

3. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    slight difference being one is missing, one is served with Barbeque Sauce :)

4. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    *does a little dance*

That spoiler has restored even more hope in me!!!!! That must be because if someone is cut off from the force, it's as if they're dying or something....

I'm taking a break from studying. I've memorized everything from the Renassiance to Industrialism......argggggggghh. Off topic...but you can learn something! Let's see what i know ;) Sorry...you can just skip this but I'm bored and need to review:

Prussia had great trade! Napoleon created a new "modern" type of warfare! James I was a prick who didn't listen to Parliament! His son did the same and got executed for it! Shakespeare wrote 130 plays and 1,700 sonnets! Hobbes was a pessimistic person who believed everyone was selfish and needed an absolute ruler to control them! Adam Smith wrote the Wealth of Nations about free market! That affected American trade later on! Simon Bolivar led Mexico to freedom from the Spanish! Ignatius of Loyola founded the Jesuit order and called himself a soldier of God! But his career was over when his leg shattered in battle! Peter the Great tried to westernize his people by introducing Europen clothes and making everyone cut their hair! Denis Diderot compiled the first Encyclopedia! Voltaire said "Destroy the infamous thing" and got arrested for speaking for freedom of speech! Louis XIV and his wife Marie Antionette ("Let them eat cake!")(daughter of Maria Theresa)(Austrian princess) were executed in january! Jacobians were people trying to overthrow the french monarchy! James Watt improved the steam engine! Raphael painted the "School of Athens" and Michelangelo painted the roof of the Sistine Chapel and Leonardo DiVinci ripped off his ear and sent it to his girlfriend once! Robert Boyle is the father of modern chemistry and Copernicus first discovered that the sun was the center of the universe (heliocentric!) and Erasmus first re-wrote the bible in vernacular! The petition of rights was what Charles I signed in agreement to let parliament have some say in things but he ignored it! Catherine the Great took over when Peter the Great died and she was ruthless and stole territory from Sweden! The Council of Trent was called by Pope Paul III on and off for 20 years to reaffirm the Catholic faith! The Thirty years war was when the Holy Roman Empire had bloody wars over religion and afterwards broke into 360 different states! Petrarch wrote the sonnets to Laura (his sister that he was in love with) and made a library of Greek and Roman writings! Mulattoes were the descendants of Creoles who married Africans in South America! Don Pedro was a portugese prince who became Emperor of Brazil! It took 2 exiles for Napoleon to go away! He died from cancer! The Glorius revolution was when Parliament kicked James II out of the monarchy and replaced him with his daughter Mary and her husband William III of ORANGE!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *goes psycho*

5. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Actually, new evidence suggests that Napolean died of Arsenic Poisoning, but this is really of the topic...

6. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Hm, I just read this interview...

Troy Denning says he was not afraid of the reaction of the Anakin fans and he's got only good and polite comments abouth SBS, so he is satisfied.

I think obviously Mr. Denning did not read every comment, especially he did not read the comments of the Anakin fans. For example sure as hell I was not polite with my comments...

7. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Hear me and pray cling to a simple thread of hope I provide ye fans of Anakin Solo. It's is the synopsis I believe hath taken hope from ye, but hath thou not missed the simple fact that there was no description of how Anakin looked on as the flames licked higher. The synopsis doth not describe Anakin's face as his body is consumed.

Perhaps we shall find the body wrapped in a funeral sheet, prevent all from seeing his features and knowing it to be him. We may be told it is him, but if we are not told that all around the pyre can identify the body as it is consumed, then perhaps they will be duped into thinking the body of another dead man who matches Anakin in height is Anakin. Indeed, a very thin thread of hope I offer to thee. But hope none the less.

Buy the book, do not boycott based on the synopsis.

8. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Lol I HAVE AN IDEA. Why don't I buy the book, read it, and tell you what they do to our beloved hero? That way I won't feel guilty about buying the book anyway if you guys are boycotting :D just kidding.. I somehow don't think that he'll stay dead. I mean, sure Jacen may seem to die through the Force, but we know he's alive. They'll never kill the dork off (that was said affectionately, so you Jacen fans, don't come trying to kill :D ) and it provides no suspense for us because we know he's not dead. Studying has made me dead...(I didn't know about Napoleon being killed because of that! A tape we watched in school said it was most likely from cancer! Oh well...)

9. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    No! Never lose hope about Anakin's eventual return!
    And besides, the whole point of his character was to see what Anakin Skywalker *could've* been if he hadn't turned to the dark side... how will killing him help accomplish that?

(And BTW, that was probably an older video you were watching, b/c it was only recently that they found evidence that Napolean didn't die of caner)

10. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    I'm at schoo and really not supposed to be online, but I am! Fifth period is a computer class (programming! argh!) so there are always computers but we aren't supposed to use them. Oh well. Anyway, wish me luck on my midterm next period in algebra2!! Argh! I'll be glad when the week is done!!

Oh my friend said that there's something going on at the nearby mall the last time she went, and she thinks it was a prank, but I found it funny. She saw this sign near Nordstroms saying "Harry is Everywhere: and thought it was a joke, but then she kept seeing pictures of the kid who plays harry potter in the movie all over the place. Like they have these sign things around, that every few seconds slide away and show a new ad, and there was thins one for Orange County, and thHarry Potter's head was in there with oranges. And so we're going to go to the mall this weekend so I can see it and look for a bookmark with the lord of the rings' ring on em. I want one!!! Does antyone know of those?

Sorry this is so off-topic (I'm getting good at that >.< ) but I'm really bored and there's not much to do in here and no one's working anyway so it doesn't really matter what I do and I really would study but I know I'll pass. Cya!

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Since we're off-topic for a sec...

Tahiri -- just wait until you integrate by parts in advanced calculus... hoo boy, that's like pulling teeth... You'll be praying for Algebra 2 again... =)

J_A_S -- the plus side of the Bears... at least they don't have to play the Rams this week. That would be far more painful to watch...

Hmmmm... getting back on-topic using calculus... well, if we derive Anakin from that kid that looks like him... and then integrate his living spirit from the lambent of his lightsaber... then we'll have Anakin back!

12. Master-Anakin-Solo

Master-Anakin-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2002
    well tahiri, jus don't worry to much on that algebra subject 'cause even if you don't really get it right now, but you kind of know wath you do (this is kind of confusing :confused: ) wich I think is the hardest part you will eventually understand it and see that it really isn't that tough, and thats because youl be hitting your head with something even stranger called calculus .

And by getting back at the topic at hand, Anakin will be back, because it will be great to se him and Tahiri togheter [face_love] , and because it really leaves a lot of loose ends if he "dies", wich by reading the sinopsis and a interview with Greg Kyes, it really point toward his retur, I mean Greg said that eventually the jedi will find a way to sense de Vong trhoufgh the force, and he is really the first in sence them, and thats even without mentioning the options that could arise if the spoiler about rebel dream is correct and (look lower or just jump this linesto avoid the spoiler)

SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    luke skywalker head into the heart f the Vong in some kind of a mission, wich in my opinion could be to get Anakin back, and ok, maybe jancen as well
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER

so in short ANAKIN will be back :)

13. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Ah, I took my Algebra2 test.

I can safely say I think I did very horribly on it.

But I don't care right now -- IT'S OVER! Only one more midterm to go! English! Oh, and I know calculus will absolutely murder me but math is my weakest point. Go figure! My teacher says a lot of it is common sense, but he rethinks it after he looks towards where I sit in class. Then he says it all depends on what we can call our "common sense" and that it varies from one person to another. Lol ;)

Anyway, I think Anakin is definitely coming back, some way or form. Even if the authors were building him up to make a shocking death, they would have done it without all the loose ends, IMHO, even besides the romance between him and Tahiri.

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Anyway, I think Anakin is definitely coming back, some way or form. Even if the authors were building him up to make a shocking death, they would have done it without all the loose ends, IMHO, even besides the romance between him and Tahiri.

Uh oh... Tahiri's talking like Rickey Henderson again... "Rickey is the greatest baseball player ever and Rickey would just like to thank his parents..."

15. Sith-Pirate

Sith-Pirate Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2001
    I would like to read you guys one statement made by Shelly Shapiro, the Editorial Director of NJO.

I quote "There are parts left to be filled in. We're still not exactly sure how it's all going to end, though the pieces are all in place. And contrary to popular belief, we have not decided who is to live and who is to die."

This was in Star Wars Insider #57. This is what gives me hope that if they are planning on leaving Anakin dead, we can change their combined minds by not buying DJ until we know for sure Anakin will be back.

People want to say "They killed off Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Yoda." But none of these characters had an entire series dedicated to him. (Junior Jedi Knights)

We have never had SW characters that had so much written about them die on us until NJO. Sorry, but I call that being cruel to the readers who get attached to characters.

16. Risste

Risste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Cruel indeed.

17. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Sadly, life is cruel. But we must cling to the hopes we can find, no matter how thin they may be. Consider what happened during the Apollo 13 mission. While what happened in the movie was undoubtedly altered a bit from reality to make it more tantalizing for the movie, what they tried was a thin hope of saving three men who were thousands of miles away. Yet that hope ended up becomeing NASA's finest hour. If they had not clung to their hopes, if the technicians and such here on Earth had given up all hope of those three men ever getting back alive, then they may very well have died. So sometimes we must cling to any hope we can find until it is either taken away from us or proves true. The only true cruelty would be to provide hope when all along you no there is none.

18. Master-Anakin-Solo

Jan 18, 2002
    Very good anlogy Knight1192, and I think that even if they really ried to kill Anakin Solo for good, which i don't really like to be happening, a way to let them know we didn't like it is by not bying for a while anyway DJ, but I think that probably it will also help if we could send Del Rey how we disagree with Anakins dead, maybe by e-mail it could put a litle more pressure also, so let all make noise about Anakin´s dead and send complains to Del Rey, wich BTW does anybody have their e-mail adress :confused: to beging with this.

And hopefully all of the noise that we should do will be a useles gesture because Anakin will be back :) ,but I definitevly think it's a good idea to let them know what we allow and what we´re not like.

And by the way Tahiri I think that even if you fel that you didn't do that great in your algebra test, it's not so bad, so even though it could have been better your will do fine and at least it over 8-}

19. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    I'm not going to post what I think about killing off Anakin....whether I like it or not, they did it. And I'm still fuming!!!!

A sort of random thought...the placing of Luke's vision about Ben pretty much in close proximity to Anakin's death....are they trying to transfer some of the hopes we held for Anakin to Ben? I'm not advocating this position, but it did strike me as possible.

20. Master-Anakin-Solo

Jan 18, 2002
    I know wath you mean by not wanting to say what you think about the dead of Anakin GentleBant, and i really hope that they aren't trying to transfer some of the hope we still have of Anakin to ben, 'cause i really think he IS the best character of the Solo kids.

And I still have some hope that Anakin will return, 'cause of the feeling that Leia had about Jancen, wich is very much of the feeling about Anakin and also because this "event" left to many loose ends

21. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    I'm at school again ^-^ Anime club! My friend Stephen just came up, looked at this site and said "Ahaha, Anakin's dead" so I threatened to hit him on the head with the keyboard. Hehe. All my friends (none of whom are very much interested in Star Wars) are either saying, "Don't worry, he'll be back and it'll all be dandy" and the other half come up to me and tease until I raise an object and start to aim. Then they kinda run away ^^() They're all just kidding though ;) EW the end of this anime is bloody (end of evangelion)....

Anakin is the first major/main character (Skywalkers and Solos) that was killed before their time....Sure Anakin Skywalker died, but he was old and well, he died at good time. I'd make more examples but the buses are coming so I'll write more later tonight :)

22. dytkomobile

dytkomobile Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2001
    its come to the point where i am only reading NJO in hopes that anakin and jacen will somehow come back:
    anakins body might not have been his it could have been somone or something wearing an ooglith masquer thingy.
    I just hope they come back or else this series is pure trash and some of the worst authoring i have ever seen.
    i mean they killed off the two most exiting and promising characters in ther series for seemingly no other reason than they couldn't come up with anything better.
    disgraceful

23. Master-Anakin-Solo

Jan 18, 2002
    I really think that up to SbS the NJO was looking very promising, since it was changin its view of looking to the new generation of jedis, more especifically the solo kids, and with the introduction of Ben this was really looking much better, but since SbS and the unmeaningful dead of Anakin it's starting to look that they jus do this stuff without having a main objective for the series and it appears that they just want to shock and do the more unreasonable things just for the fun of it. :mad:

to b honest before SbS I used to stop and look at the forums but hardly I ever posted but since I that I have found it a way to express myself openly and to find other people who thinks very much like me or that they have other opinios that most of them are very consructive, so now I hook up for good :). I mean I used to look at formun only at home but now I take a look at them while working [face_mischief] , and believe me Tahiri ;) my coworker bother me as well about this but they have begun to give me some space.

But let me get back to were I was trying to get before I went rampagin on other stuff 8-}, ok where I was??

Oh yea, after the death of Anakin in the way they did it, without any particular reason and with all of the loose ends it looks like crapy writting if he doesn't comes back.

And if you look at the loose ends and the "between the lines" way of his death and funeral it really looks that there something else behind all of this so I honestly think that Anakin Will be back !!!!

24. Tallie

Tallie Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
    Actually I intend on buying DJ, I'm royally pissed at the way the series is unfolding but for the moment I still remain a collecter of the books.

I'm of the opinon that bringing Anakin back is the only way for Del Ray to redeem itself and if they really kill Jacen aswell and leave them both dead I might just be mad enough to quit all together.

I mean we already had a mourning book, Hero's Trial, I hated it but aside from that we don't need another one. Especially one that digresses into the workings of the Hapan Royal Dynasty. Tenel Ka's one of my favorite characters but as close as she was to Jacen I think she'd be grieving and swearing revenge instead of deciding to become queen. Plus Jaina...oh my goodness! I'm sorry but how could you fall in love when you believe BOTH your brothers are DEAD???? It's insane, IMO anyway.

25. Master-Anakin-Solo

Jan 18, 2002
    Well even though I'm as pissed as you are Tallie :mad: about the dead of Anakin, I thing that maybe jaina was grieven so much that she was taken advantage and she just found someone who gave her what she precisely needed at the time but I mead did'nt she just dumped him at the end whe she decides to become Kyps aprentice, wich I believe is to impulsive to be even a Jedi Knight letf alone a Jedi MAster.

And even how I feel i pretend in buyin DJ, and a few other books that I still have to buy. 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.