main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For Anakin Solo fans only! ( See New Thread by DP4M )

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sith-Pirate, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    dp4m wrote:

So let's see. In comics we've had presumed death and a spirit transferance. In Bantam we've had presumed deaths and a spirit transferance. In Del Rey we've only had presumed deaths... which means we have to get a spirit transferance!

Doesn't anyone want original stories anymore? I mean, come on.

Jade_Walker wrote:

Like Newhart

One of the most brilliant series finales EVER!

Adm_voss_parck wrote:

What is it with people picking on me today? Geez, i didn't even start the VR world thing, it was Ceewulf or Guy. I just went with it. And Ceewulf was the one who made it that way...You'll all pay!!!!!

Parck, we're not laughing at you, we're laughing with you. You're just not joining in.

:)

Just kidding, dude. You know we appreciate you. <<waves his hands at the others to say nice things to Parck and calm his nerves>>

EDIT: BTW, did everyone know that CeeWulf actually has an Anakin/Tahiri fic? It's The Touch. You guys ought to go try it. It's good.

Thanks for the kind words, Jade. :D

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Doesn't anyone want original stories anymore? I mean, come on.

But the NJO has ALREADY proved wholly unoriginal other than lacing the unoriginality with obscene levels of violence, torture and gore.

Why should the ending be any different?

3. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    dp4m wrote:

But the NJO has ALREADY proved wholly unoriginal other than lacing the unoriginality with obscene levels of violence, torture and gore.

Why should the ending be any different?

Now, darn, that's a point I can't really challenge.

4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I think that we should all pitch-in and buy dp4m a copy of Traitor to burn.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Now, darn, that's a point I can't really challenge.

Is it bad that I've been gone from the thread so long that I can't tell if he's kidding or not? :)

I think that we should all pitch-in and buy dp4m a copy of Traitor to burn.

Now, now... I'd never, ever advocate the burning of books. I may not like it, but I'd never censor free speech. ;)

6. Adm_voss_parck

Adm_voss_parck Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2002
    *Momentarily stops rocking in fetal positon*

Now, now... I'd never, ever advocate the burning of books. I may not like it, but I'd never censor free speech.

Ah...but you would be exorcising your right to burn it in effigy in protest against it. Which is...FREEDOM OF SPEECH! :eek:

*Resumes rocking in fetal positon*

7. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Traitor was great! What other author has bothered to actually give us such insight and background into Vong organic lifeforms?

We got snake staffs, sparkbee bombs, and loads of stuff on how they are grown, domesticated, then employed.

You don't need to be empathic Jacen just to do this. It can be done in any other way.

8. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    One of the most brilliant series finales EVER!
    But do the teens on this thread know what we're even talkgin about? 8-}
    No offence, guys.

Parck, we're not laughing at you, we're laughing with you. You're just not joining in.
    LOL! [face_laugh]

Thanks for the kind words, Jade.
    No prob, Cee.

Ah...but you would be exorcising your right to burn it in effigy in protest against it. Which is...FREEDOM OF SPEECH!
    Spoken like a true lawyer! :D

Traitor was great!
    Actually, I thought that Traitor was rather orignal (for the SW universe, or at least the NJO). I liked Traitor. I like the approach of focusing on a single character. My favorite books in the EU have been Conquest (and Rebirth) and Traitor. These focused on a single character and large amounts of growth/development for that character. Jacen was forced to mature by his ordeals with the Vong. It also twisted him due to the psychotic little chicken, but Jacen was made stronger and a more interesting character. Unfortunately, DW reneged on some of Jacen's character development. :(

9. Lord_Matthew

Lord_Matthew Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Good points jade. But we had an Anakin story already. Do we need another? If he is brought back within 5 books will it be good? Or will it be like Who shot Mr Burns on the simpsons. the only funny thing on that was Grounds Keeper Willies Basic Instinct Scene

10. WraithLead

WraithLead Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    I also liked Traitor. Reading those last couple of posts made me think of an interesting corrrelation. Anakin was sorta immature at the beginning of the series, and then he got hit with all sorts of troubles added on. Then in the books with parts focusing on him he seemed to grow up a lot, not just a little. He behaved better, thought more, and reacted more rationally to things. Then in SBS he reverted to the Anakin of old. At the time, some people blamed it on Keyes expanding the character more than he should have.

Now we have traitor, a book that was pretty good and original imo, and did a pretty good job of advancing Jacen's character. He was also a little immature at the beginning of the NJO, and he grew up quite a bit in the book focusing on him. A few of us had the problem in Destiny's Way of Jacen not living up to the advancements he'd made in Traitor.

I think we can chalk both of these inconsistencies up to inconsistent writing. Maybe the fault lays, not with Keyes or Stover, but with Denning and Williams. Or with the editors at DR not making sure developments in one book carry to the next.

Another advancement seemed to be ignored to me. It seemed as if Jacen and Anakin were getting along better in books before SBS, and that was one more reversion the author needed to make his book work.

Now if only Jaina had done some growing up in DJ, the stand alone about her. She certainly has acted immaturely since then, but I can't make a case that it was a reversion.

11. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    I have a swim meet after school, so in case I the thread gets locked tonight and I never get to see it again:

Aaaa-mazing Grace,
    How sweet the sound,
    That saved a wretch,
    Liii-ke me,
    I- once was lost,
    But now, I am found,
    Was blind,
    But now, I see.

*Moment of silence* :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

12. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Now if only Jaina had done some growing up in DJ

Yeah, they really dropped the ball there!
    Longest PMS ever!

13. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Way to sing Rogue. It's not the thread, it's the people. ;)

14. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    And the posts just keep on counting down to the final moment. That dark day. That sad time of year. That one last breath.

15. Wraith_One

Wraith_One Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    *bows head in rememberence*

Hey Guys...I thought this was a moment of SILENCE! :p

"Yeah, they really dropped the ball there!
    Longest PMS ever!"

Hahahahahahahahahah You got that right!

Nice singin; there Rogue_Ten!

"And the posts just keep on counting down to the final moment. That dark day. That sad time of year. That one last breath"

There will be other threads. Like Moff said its the people. Hmmmm...who should restart this thread?

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Two things --

1) I'm heading home for the day shortly, and hopefully this won't be locked by the time I get back. :)

2) I've sent a PM to Sith-Pirate and he's not logged on (or at least read it) since then. So if this hits 8000 before he gets back, I'm deciding to restart the thread (I'm unilateral! I'm the US! w00t! :D)

I'll start composing a nice long opening post when I get home tonight... ;)

17. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    Nice of you to designate yourself high muckity-muck, Mr. dp4m!

;) [face_laugh]

18. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, somebody should grab the bull by the horns. I guess it's important to some people to start what is sure to be one of the most popular and posted to threads. Me, I'm not particular. I can live with your deferrence to me through posts alone. :p

And what do people mean Jaina hasn't changed? She had that whole flirtation with the DarkSide remember? Well, she dabbled a little and then got over it in about a paragraph near the end of DJ. And she's been all mopey forever now. She's changed, she's just a bit of a pill at the moment. No sir, no death or capture for her. She became annoying all by her lonesome. ;)

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    She had that whole flirtation with the DarkSide remember?

Yeah, that was depicted like a teenager's whimsy about changing hair color. I mean GEEZ, if it's THAT easy to swap back and forth from Dark to Light... :p

20. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    dp4m Please don't make it one of your anti-NJO, pro-Anakin-return-no-matter-what rants.

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    dp4m Please don't make it one of your anti-NJO, pro-Anakin-return-no-matter-what rants.

When have I ever advocated Anakin returning no matter what? :)

And I tailor my posts for my audience... ;)

22. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    She became annoying all by her lonesome
    [face_laugh]

Rogue_Ten: Weren't you supposed to have lost that singing Force power in DLII?

Oh, No!! It's back! 8-}

I think it's great that you'll re-open the thread, dp4m!

23. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    dp4m wrote:

And I tailor my posts for my audience...

dp4m, the Clinton of the FASFO thread!

;)

Wow, I thought this thing would have hit 8,000 already.

24. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002

//gunshot

25. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Perhaps people are reluctant to move this thread to its inevitable end. Let's move along with a little dignity, shall we?

For a moment of nostalgia--it was this thread that spurred me to join up. So, those that were there then (CeeWulf, Alman, Karde, Satine, Twilight, Tahi, Tahiri, dp4m...I'm sure I'm forgetting somebody) are largely responsible for my presence. You should thank them I think. Or not. Whatever is more comfortable. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.