main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For Anakin Solo fans only! ( See New Thread by DP4M )

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sith-Pirate, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Does anyone consider Luke to be old enough to die yet? I mean really old? Anakin Skywalker (hurried math here) was about 45 when he died. Granted Anakin Solo was only a teenager, but his namesake really wasn't geriatric.

I'm an Anakin Solo fan, but I think that anyone who thinks Anakin Skywalker died at a good age better watch out for Luke, because he's close if not older than dear old Daddy.
    Sorry this is a little late, I'm new and have not checked on this thread in awhile.

2. Shaeri

Shaeri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 1999
    Ooh, I wish you could've read it, too, Tahiri. It was mostly things you gave me the idea for! Some of it came up in discussions with my roommates and me, but we never really drew the comparison between Anakin and...well, a couple of LOTR characters...until I read your analysis. I think, as you read the trilogy, you'll see what I mean by it.
    And, I hate to do this to you guys again, but my roommate mentioned another epic hero thing from LOTR that Anakin might somehow duplicate. So, without further ado, a Return of the King spoiler:

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Aragorn collects his army to march against the forces of Mordor by walking the Paths of the Dead and calling forth the ghosts of those who refused to stand up to Sauron the first time and hence were not allowed to rest in peace. It's been suggested that Anakin's somehow masking his presence in the Force; maybe he's something of a temporary shade, roaming between death and life. I doubt seriously that he would somehow collect a bunch of dead Jedi souls to bring back with him when (<sigh> if) he re-emerges, but it's kind of a cool thought, and I almost smile to think of the looks on the Fuzzies' faces when an army of Jedi ghosts come out of the void to kick their booties.

E

N

D

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

3. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Lol, Sith-Pirate :) Hopefully one day I'll get my clutches onto a DelRey/Lucasfilms contract and write something good ;) Ahh...I wish I could read those LOTR comparisons >.<

And Luke's not gonna die very soon, I think, with Ben and stuff. I have the feeling someone will die in HC#5 (I mean, someone major has died in ever odd HC...#1 - Vector Prime, Chewie...#3 - Star By Star, Anakin...#5 - ______, ______.) It could possibly be Luke, but I'm really hoping not.

4. kayyak

kayyak Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2002
    I don't know who is to blame for killing off Anakin but whoever it was got it wrong! Chewbacca died to save him and a few books later he's wasted, what's the point of both deaths? I will read the rest of the series and probably continue to kick the stuffing out of each book when I'm finished. (childish but can't help myself)

5. Master-Anakin-Solo

Master-Anakin-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2002
    I honestly don't think that they would ever kill Luke, because I have a feeling thet he is in the list that LFL told DelRey wich charcters couldn't be kill, so I would gess that it's more likely that the one to be killed would be Mara :mad: , or maybe for a change some Vong [face_devil].

Or maybe they are having Anakin back in HC5 :D , and that would be because there has been happening something big in each HC and I think it would be a good time that we see something good for the NR and the Jedi 8-} ,so what could be bigger than gettin Anakin back :D .

So let's give an UP to Anakin and lets keep the hope :cool:

6. JHC_JEDI

JHC_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2002
    My thought is that if Anakin comes back at all it'll have to be well before HC5.

DARK JOURNEY SPOILERS BELOW

In Dark Journey Jania thinks quite a bit about how Anakin was close to uncovering the "mystery" of why the Vong can't be sensed in the force, and by the end of the story thinks that she will not be able to pick up where he left off, and it will be left to another.

Also, Leia insists that Jacen isn't actually dead when everyone feels him disappear. Most of her reasoning for that is that she felt Anakin die, but it was different with Jacen, and he is just out of contact. In my mind that ended the possibility of Anakin coming back.
    If Anakin comes back it will be for him to do something special. If he comes back in HC5 that will mean his monumental contribution to the war against the Vong will have 1 book to take place. If the series continues the way it has (with the Vong in control of the war) until HC5 when Anakin returns to kick their tails, then the whole Del Rey story arc is a pretty bad one.

7. Master-Anakin-Solo

Jan 18, 2002
    Well, now that you put it like that then I gess your probably right, 'cause I did't thought of how many books it would have to do something 8-} .

So your probably right that he'll be back early, so now considering the one book issue then its possible that in HC5 the NR finally puts an end to the Vong [face_mischief]

8. LORD_MALICE

LORD_MALICE Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2001
    Sorry for my ignorance, but I can't seem to make sense what HC means ... please help.. :)

and yes I was also quite disturbed that they killed off Anakin.

9. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Hardcover

10. LORD_MALICE

LORD_MALICE Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2001
    thanks for the heads up :)

11. Sith-Pirate

Sith-Pirate Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2001
    If they do bring him back I agree it will be in a hardcover. They said from the beginning that you'll get the whole story if you just read the hardcovers, indicating that most major events will take place in them.

I personally don't think that they have come to a concrete plan in regards to Anakin. That's why I'm going to do what I can to let them know it would be a mistake to leave him dead.

If they don't, I'll just disregard all books that take place after YJK and JJK.

Sorry NJO! :D

12. QurangLah

QurangLah Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2001
    Anakin. Lambent. Life Essence. Clone. Vergere. Hmmm...

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Anakin. Lambent. Life Essence. Clone. Vergere. Hmmm...

Not to rehash old topics that cause hyperventilation and heart failure in some board members -- but what about Callista? She joined with the Eye of Palpatine early on, so she must have learned the technique from someone in the Old Republic. Is there any hint that she might have been connected to Vergere in some/any way? Do we know AT ALL who her Padawan Masters were? Any reason to think that Vergere couldn't know a third-party version of that Jedi power (like the difference between Induce Healing Trance and Induce Healing Trance (Other))? Any thoughts?

14. Tsavong_Lah

Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    The funeral actually gave me some closer. It let me deal with my Grief( I didn't even know I was still hurting inside).

When the parents saw their child's body that really unsettled me.

15. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    I dunno, I went to the mall today to pick up Dark Journey and The Approaching Storm, and a couple guys in the store over were into the NJO. They're convinced Anakin'll come back, even though they *reeeeeally* don't like him :mad: It just seems such a horrible waste to kill him off.... :_|

16. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Im pretty sure we've had this discussion before about three months ago, but, what the hell, I'll throw in my two creds.

Well, DelRey did indeed make it alot harder to plausibly bring Anakin back from the dead with the funeral scene in DJ. Nevertheless, if his death was indeed final, why make it so ambiguious, so open to speculation ? If you ask me Anakin's death scene and Jacen's 'death' in DJ are purposely similar, and there must be a reason behind this then to simply get a reaction out of the fans. Obviously that is an important piece to the puzzle. Lastly, I have a bad feeling this young Anakin Solo look alike will end up playin a pivotal role if he does indeed return from the dead. Maybe somehow this child will die, opening the door for Anakin to return in his body, kind of like the Callista/ Cray Mingla thing.

Thoughts... ?

17. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    just a thought. As of end of SbS, Jacen is seen to be "dead" from one POV. Anakin is dead. They will NOT bring both back.

18. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    ReaperFett -- Jacen isn't "dead" in any sense of the word. All of the other characters know that he's alive, since they felt his "death" different from how Anakin's was.

Anyone up for a petition? ;) "The Fans Begging for Anakin Solo's Return Campeign"? Hehe, or FBASRC. Right. Anyway. I have Creed's song "my sacrifice" stuck in my head. It's a great Anakin-song 8-}

19. brandon_duncan

brandon_duncan Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2001
    not to sure if you know this yet but the LOTR books and the movie have been out for more then 2 months so you dont have to keep putting the spoiler thing

Alright i was thinking, (it happens once and a while) so they got rid of anakins body right. So that brings down his chances of coming back. So why is this boy still in the picture that looks like him. What is his purpose in this whole plot , are they going to zap anakin into his body?? ( JJ)

brandon

20. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Brandon, I know that, but I would wait until the film is out of cinemas in the US(main number of people here) just out of courtesy

21. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    I've seen the movie, but I haven't read the next two books! I want it to be a surprise as I read :)

I was wondering about that too, Brandon, about the kid. I forgot what his name is though. I hope they don't pull a Callista though, and have the kid die and stick Anakin's spirit in there. It just seems wrong. Besides, the kid is eleven and Tahiri is nearly sixteen -- imagine that romance. Hehe, actually that'd be a funny thing...

The authors made it really hard to bring him back...but I still have hope. :D POWER TO THE ANAKINS!!

22. Master-Anakin-Solo

Jan 18, 2002
    UP Tahiri :D , I really think that Anakin will be back and the appearance of this kid is kind of weird :confused: , but I also hope they don't do the Callista thing, but I honestly wouldn't be that upsest if he returns in anyway possible 8-} .

I think that the best option it has to do with the fact of his dead in the cloning area, and it would had something to do with his "capture" and it occur to me that maybe Nom Amor or Nem Yim will have somthing to do with his return, and I think that we might find something out in Forece Heretic or at least in the next HC

And just as Tahiri said "POWER TO THE ANAKINS" [face_blush]

23. Tsavong_Lah

Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    Anakin might not come back but, what about his genes!

Think about it after Rebirth, Tahiri and Anakin could have been alone any number of times that were not wrote about!

Heck she could be Pregnant and not even know about it!!!!

Its possible eventhough Del Rey might be to Squimish to do a teen pregnancy.

24. SSJ_Smoke

SSJ_Smoke Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2001
    I think Denning and Cunningham have been a bit vague about Anakin being dead, in Sbs he is gone, in DJ Jaina is looking at him thinking its his form, his height and features, I mean what the...

25. scowndrel

scowndrel Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2002
    I have to agree with Sith-Pirate. Anakin Solo was a great character, and I just hope they figure out a way to bring him back. Why spend all this energy and time developing his personality just to kill him off. He would have gone on to be the best of the Jedi Knights, and to kill him off this quickly was, I think, irresponsible. Course, that's jus' my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.