main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For Anakin Solo fans only! ( See New Thread by DP4M )

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sith-Pirate, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Anakin-Solo

Master-Anakin-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2002
  2. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Good points ;)

Let's keep this thread alive, people! Anakin's not gone for good!!!

3. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    he'll be back, heh

4. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    I'm gonna go with Tahiri-Solo on this one.

(than again, I'd agree w/ her if she said that space wasn't an airless vacuum, but still...)

5. Possessed-Freak

Possessed-Freak Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2002
    Technically speaking, space is not an airless vacuum (speling!). There are particles floating around in space, albeit they are few and far between. That was the whole idea behind the ramjet, using a huge dish to gather these particles, and push them out the end in a very small opening. Have a dish large enough, and you can keep accelerating...

errr.... uhhhh.... I mean, up thread up!

6. Bad-boy-Vader

Bad-boy-Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2001
    He is coming back. HE MUST! my thoughts for this are. Anakin was more power than any other Jedi in the NJO, He beat luke in a dule. And he could fell the Vong through the force. But my mane point is that he wasn't afraid to fight back or to the force to help him fight like so many other Jedi.

I want him to come back. Does any one realy belive he will come back? I have read only the last page.

???? Do any of you rember Grand Aradmrel Thhran? Well he had that guy how helped him. I don't remenber his name. but do you think he could help the beat the Vong??
    Just a thought.

well if all of use continue to hope than maybe Anakin will Return!!!!!!!!!!

(Sory for the Bad spelling in a Rush!)

7. Sith-Pirate

Sith-Pirate Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2001
    Man, I wish you people wouldn't change your icons so often. It's kinda like waking up in the morning and somone I know suddenly has a different face. [face_laugh]

As you guys know, I'm not reading Dark Journey until I know Anakin comes back. But I have a question for those who have read it. Is the Anakin look-alike in DJ? I've read some posts that hinted that he is, but I'm not sure.

I'm still hoping that Anakin put his spirit in the crystal in his lightsaber.

Oh, and also I'd like to know if feather-head still has Anakin's lightsaber.

8. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    "Technically speaking, space is not an airless vacuum (speling!). There are particles floating around in space, albeit they are few and far between. That was the whole idea behind the ramjet, using a huge dish to gather these particles, and push them out the end in a very small opening. Have a dish large enough, and you can keep accelerating... "

Ummmm... okay... I said "airless vacuum" not "empty vacuum"... there *is* a difference...

9. Possessed-Freak

Feb 1, 2002
    Well.......... there is air in space, just very very very very very little amounts of it :) :) :)

anyway... I hope Anakin comes back. But only as a Jedi and not Callista-like. I think there are many ways that they can do this without being corny, and I hope they do.

10. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Relatively speaking, space actually *is* an airless vacuum.
    The air that does exist isn't naturally occuring or common enough to allow space as a whole to be considered a body that contains air.
    The ammounts of air are so miniscule that space is generally accepted to be an airless vacuum.

In retrospect, I have no idea why I'm debating this, b/c this is EXTREMELY off topic... oh well...

11. Possessed-Freak

Feb 1, 2002
    on the plus side of this argument... it keeps the thread on top!

Up up and away in my beautiful, my beautiful x-wing...

PF

12. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I haven't been to this thread in a long time so I don't know if this has been posted here before. Does anyone else find it weird they found the body and didn't notice any burnt parts or chunks missing because they were burned off by the force escaping through his body? I mean, the force was literally bursting out of him during his death scene. I also don't remember him being disfigured at all. I could be wrong about that, but I know his "body" wasn't burned in any way.

13. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Thank you for bringing that up BartSimpson-SithLord, that is an excellent point.
    Personally, I agree with what Jaina said in Dark Journey that everything about Anakin's death just seems too wrong...

14. Argarathoo

Argarathoo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2002
    everything about the NJO seems wrong to me. I like the new story lines but it put a real damper on reading them when Chewie died. I just wanted to say that because I never have before. My greiving is getting better but I still cry every night about him.

[runs for tissues]

15. tynebyrne

tynebyrne Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2002
    Anakin's death being deserved, no. Being necessary, no. But in SbS Anakin admits to have bungled the leadership and he did some stupid things that got him killed. Yeah, I know the author chose to do that, but it fit his character.

I really think that it propels the story in a fashion that we haven't seen before. We read Star Wars books for nearly a decade where they never killed anyone of importance. The stories were too tame and they had no bite. But in almost every Star Wars movie someone big bit it. Ep. One, Qui-Gon. Ep. 4, Obi-wan. Episode 5, no one, but Han almost bit it. Episode 6, Yoda, Vader the Emperor. You can't say that those weren't big deals, they were. But they helped the story out.

Anakin was my favorite young Jedi and I didn't like to see it, but the one thing that I really think is that it is good to see that the characters bleed and die. Even the young ones. I would hope that there is more to his story than that, but if there isn't, I'll have to live with it. I'm not going to stop being a fan of one of the greatest stories ever told just because they killed off a character.

I hope you might think the same way.

16. Cpt_Pellaeon

Cpt_Pellaeon Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2001
    Sith-Pirate:

Why? What sense does it make to read a story where you DON'T fear for those characters? If you don't have the suspense when Luke is having some huge slobbering 18 legged Yuuhzan Vong bioengineered Velociraptor standing behind him then why do you even read the books? If I thought they were always going to win I'd have stopped reading the GFFA long ago.

To date they've killed my favorite character 3 times - first is was Vader, then it was Thrawn, and now Anakin. But that only makes me want to read MORE. That's what brings the feeling of some reality to the GFFA. They are living in a fantasy world by our standards, but they're still "human" (well, some of them).

17. scowndrel

scowndrel Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2002
    Cpt. Paelleon,
    I don't know what it is about Anakin's death that has me in a ferver. I mean they could have killed anyone else off (with some exceptions) but if I suppose if they killed off Corran there'd be a thread about that! I didn't mind killing off Chewie. His story was told. Thrawn and Vader both had to die because they fulfilled their story lines. But Anakin's death still seems hollow for some reason. There were more tales in his future. I mean it wouldn't have totally pissed me off if it was Jacen. I do hope they bring him back, but they have to be very careful in how they do it. Other than utilizing that Anakin look alike, i don't know how else they could do it without it being too forced. And, frankly, that would be far worse then keeping him among the casualites.

18. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    I made a thread about this, and I just thought I'd bring it up again, what of Ikrit's prophecy?? That he and Tahiri were destined for great things. I refuse to believe that Keyes put that little nugget of mysterious info in there for nothing- Ikrit's sole purpose in that novel was to reveal his prophecy of their destiny.

Now, I know, I know- the future's always in motion and all that shenanigans, but seriously- the prophecy HAS a point and I believe it WILL be fulfilled and Anakin will return.

19. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    I agree with many points being made :) ESPECIALLY yours, darthjarjarbinks! Keyes KNEW Anakin'd be dead in SbS -- why he put that in if it would mean nothing is beyond me....

20. Sith-Pirate

Sith-Pirate Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2001
    Catp_Pallaeon,

There is a difference between killing a character that you didn't get use to and killing a character that you've read an entire series of books about.

I don't mind good guys dying, just don't make me read ten freaking books written through the eyes of that character, then in book#11, sorry, he's dead.

They can capture, torture, and cut off limbs of main characters and I'll keep reading. Just don't eliminated my favorite charaters from the story line. Do you see me complaining about all the other Jedi killed in SBS?

By the way, this is the difference between the movie characters killed off and Anakin Solo.

1. Obi-Wan- Was killed off in the same movie you were introduced to him.

2. Qui-Gon- See Obi-Wan

3. Yoda- Was a side character, not a main character.

4. Vader- Was a bad guy, you expect bad guys to die.

5. Palpatine- See Vader.

21. NagaSadow

NagaSadow Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2001
    Well, being a huge Anakin fan, I'd like to say something long and good for Anakin, but I really can't think of anything that hasn't already been said..

Except..

If Anakin doesn't come back (which I really hope isn't true) he will be sorely missed by me and almost everyone else.. *has a moment of silence*

22. Possessed-Freak

Feb 1, 2002
    What truly amazes me is they killed the biggest character for the younger generations. Anakin would be in my top 20 characters, but not even in my top ten. I am still so disappointed in his untimely, unpoetic, unepic death. It makes me KNOW that he is coming back because he was such an upcoming Jedi. He had readers who would buy anything he was in... to kill that makes no sense, and in such a way as to just ask yourself, why didn't another nameless Jedi fall there instead?

I dunno, I just wish the lighter novels would come back, where the death and destruction is not so vivid, I read newspapers, watch the news, I want... lighter stuff when I read SW...

sigh...

23. Nitro29

Nitro29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    This is great. Finally, some people who don't go up and down these forums saying "Anakin is dead, get over it." Personally, I'm done greiving and will accept his death....when HC#5 comes out and he's still dead that is. Until then, don't lose hope.

Keep the faith ;)

24. Nitro29

Nitro29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    This is great. Finally, some people who don't go up and down these forums saying "Anakin is dead, get over it." Personally, I'm done grieving and will accept his death....when HC#5 comes out and he's still dead that is. Until then, don't lose hope.

Keep the faith ;)

25. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    I hope he comes back, he has to, and for whoever asked if the lookalike is in DJ, yup, Dab's in it, and speaks a bit as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.