main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX for anyone going to the sci-fi expo in plano...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Depa_Billada, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Jedi_Depa_Billada Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    i just got the flyer in the mail yesterday, and it looks like Temuera Morrison and Ray Park ar the special guests.

May 17-19 Plano Texas
    admission for this is $10 at the door, kids 6-10 $5, and the VIP passes are $28, and that includes 3 day admission and a special autograph coupon to meet jango fett....

tickets are available online and at the door.

this is also the big Movie Fight Xperience, Ray Park and Obi-Wan stunt double will be performing fight sequences from Episode 1 and other movies.

go to http://www.scifiexpo.com or http://www.moviefightxperience.com for more info.

2. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    I'm thinking of driving up on that Sat. I met Tem in Hooters on Thursday night in Indy and some friends got pics they'd love him to sign. Anyone interested in going with? *S*

3. darthsavior

darthsavior Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    I am planning on going there on Saturday. It is my birthday so I'm treating myself with the trip there. I'm planning on getting some more figures. According to the website, you need to get a pass in order to get your item or poster signed by Tem. So i'd suggest to 2-check if you are interested on getting anything signed. If anyone is interested on meeting or wants something from the convention, let me know.

4. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I'll set out in the evening of the 16th with my sisters. We plan on being there for the whole show and on the 19th go see AOTC at 11PM with DLP. Luckily, we've been monitoring the scifi expo website for quite a while, so we were able to get tickets for Ray's presentation and Tem's autographs early.

darthsavior: Congrats in advance on your upcoming birthday! :D

5. darthsavior

darthsavior Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Thanks Maulfly for the best wishes. I did get the ticket for Tem, and i guess i'll be able to get something signed. I skipped Ray, is kind of expensive with 2 things already. Does anyone have any tips, i've heard is a small and very crowded expo.

Which theater has DLP system there?

6. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    According to the website, you can buy as many Tem coupons as you want, but they will only let you get ten items at a time signed and then you have to get back in line.

I anticipate the lines to be very much line the ones in Indy. Very long! But I like the way they do things with the numbered tickets.

Darthsavior, were do you live? Maybe we can hook up and share the ride or convoy up there. *S*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.