main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends For Better or Worse [J/TK, J/Z, T/OC and More!] Author Note (9/8) Sequel Up soon!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rose_Skywalker, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Title: Between Love and Hate II: For Better or Worse
    Author: Rose_Skywalker
    Time Period: Post NJO-AU
    Characters: Jaina solo, Jacen solo, Tenel Ka, Tahiri, Ryker, Zekk
    Word Count: 66,989

WELCOME! to the second story in the Between Love and Hate duology: For Better or Worse. I'm Glad you came along for the ride, so buckle your seatbelts it's going to be one bumpy ride!

Disclaimer: I don't anything in this story besides Ryker, Astria and Aolani and a few other Oc's. This is George Lucas' sandbox, i'm just building my castle.

For Better or Worse

AUTHORS NOTE-This story is set about 7 years after Destiny?s Way. As this story was written directly after I read that book, everything that happens in the books afterwards is null and void, hence there is no Zonoma Sekot and there is no Riina/Tahiri. You don?t need to have read Before Love and Hate I: What?s a girl to do to understand this story, but I would advise it, if nothing else to understand the Ryker/Tahiri story. This story starts 3 years after What?s a girl to do.

Post One:
    Tahiri Velia watched as the younglings file out of her room at the Maw. Ben Skywalker skipped out of the room talking to Hykka Guna, a short green seven-year-old Twi'lek boy. He didn?t even notice that his little sister Jade had stayed behind.

?Hey, Jadie,? Tahiri noted the little girl has not left as quickly as her brother or the others.

?Hey Miss Velia,? the pint sized blond girl, looked up her big green doe eyes up at Tahiri.

?Can I help you with something,? Tahiri asked, kneeling down to be a Jade?s height.

?Did daddy really blow up the death star with uncie Han?s help??

Tahiri smiled at the little girl. Tahiri taught Jedi history at the Jedi Temple in the Maw. She had just started on the first death star battle. ?Yes, Jadie, your daddy really did do that.?

?But what about all the people on the death star??

Tahiri raised her eyebrows at the five year old. Most five year olds don?t ask questions like that. ?Most of the people on the death star got out before it blew up.?

?Oh,? the blond looked relieved.

Tahiri held her hand out to Jade, ?Wanna go get lunch at the cafeteria with me and Ganner??
    ?Sure,? Jadie slid her little hand into Tahiri?s and they walked towards the cafeteria.

The two blonds made their way around the corridor, giggling about how Ben and Hykka had given each other black eyes in tumbling class the day before. Making there way around the corner they ran into the much older slightly graying Jedi Master Skywalker.

?Daddy,? Jade shrieked, running full force at her father, who scooped her up and tossed her into the air.

?Master Skywalker,? Tahiri said hello.

Re-adjusting his daughter to sit on his hip, Luke smiled at the Jedi who had grown so much through the Vong war, and had become the skilled patient Jedi knight. Luke had been waiting to see if Tahiri would ever get over Anakin. Grief had been Tahiri?s dark side. After having a discussion with Jacen, about the Yuuzhan?tar mission, Luke had felt assured that Tahiri had gotten over the grief of losing Anakin. Luke knew that Tahiri would always love his nephew, but she had seemed to realize that she couldn?t hold onto his memory forever. ?Hello Tahiri, How was class with my two little rebels??

?They were perfect angels like always. Jadie, tell master Skywalker what I was teaching today,? Tahiri smiled. Luke turned his head to his beautiful green-eyed daughter.

?Miss Velia was telling us the story of how grandpa Owen had bought R2-D2, and C-3PO and how they gave you a secret message from auntie Leia. And then R2-D2 ran away and you chased him, and were attacked by Tusken Raiders. Then grandpa Ben found you. And then you and grandpa Ben met uncie Han and Chewie and you guys flew the Falcon to save auntie Leia from the death star. Then grandpa Ben died so that you and uncie Han

2. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Ah the sequel finally.

This is a really good start Rose.

I can't wait to see what the twins will be like, they are twins right?

3. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

I cannont confirm nor deny that they are twins, I can't even confirm or deny that they are related. You'll just have to wait and see ;).

How about we make a deal. When I get to the next page, i'll put up the next post. :D

4. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Very interesting *gose to read the first one*

5. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    It is a deal Rose

6. Jedi_Master_Mouf

Jedi_Master_Mouf Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    yay! its here. thanks for pm, good post.

Luke laughed, ?I'm not nearly as impressive as I used to be. Kyp has become a much better fighter in my old age. Even Mara asks him to spar with her now. When your wife stops wanting to fight with you, you know you?ve gotten old.?
    loved that line
    only mara would want to fight though. . .

7. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    YAY the next part is up!! *pounces Rose* I've been waiting for this since the moment the other one was done! I can't wait for more, but I'm off for Senior Week tomorrow, so I won't be around, but I'll catch up if you post while I'm away. *does dance* so excited about this story! hehehe.

Fireyforce

8. Caramello-Jedi

Caramello-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2003
    Hehehehehe. That was great!

Jadie is cute the way she gets excited.

9. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Just finished the first one and aall I can say is...WOW. You are amazing! I will fallow this one for sure!

10. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Rose, very good start. Is this going to be anymore light hearted than the other one? And cute Jadie, of course wouldn't she call Tahiri Master Veila? Or at least Master Tahiri?

11. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    next.... Great job Rose, glad you started!!! and love Jade, awwww

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Nice to see this starting, Rose. Jade is quite cute, although you realize her name is Jade Skywalker, right?

Hmm, what's wrong with Danni? Almost dying? Ouch! And Luke could kick Kyp's butt any day of the week!

13. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    YAY!!!!!!!!

Will Ryker be there soon?

14. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    Reviews:

RevaDurron-Ah the sequel finally.

This is a really good start Rose

Thank you! :)

It is a deal Rose

Good i like deals!

Genimay-Very interesting *gose to read the first one*

*waves* Hi, have fun with the first one!

Just finished the first one and aall I can say is...WOW. You are amazing! I will fallow this one for sure!

thank you! [face_blush] *does new reader happy dance* [face_dancing]

Jedi_Master_Mouf-yay! its here. thanks for pm, good post.

Thanks!

loved that line
    only mara would want to fight though. . .

Yeah, I liked the Old Luke like. Mara loves to fight, you got to keep in shape ;)

Fireyforce-YAY the next part is up!! *pounces Rose* I've been waiting for this since the moment the other one was done!

*gets tackled* Hi! I've been waiting to post this one too. I get just as exicted to see what people think as i do writing.

but I'll catch up if you post while I'm away. *does dance* so excited about this story! hehehe.

Have fun on Senior week! They're always fun. We'll see if you have to catch up or not. I'm excited too *joins dancing* [face_dancing]

Caramello-Jedi-Hehehehehe. That was great!

Jadie is cute the way she gets excited.

Thanks! I love Jadie. she is by far one of my favorite characters to write. In fact all the kids in this story are a ball to write. I think it's cause there so young and innocent, and they do silly things. :)

Dev_Binks-Rose, very good start. Is this going to be anymore light hearted than the other one?

thanks! It's going to be slightly more light hearted. There aren't nearly as many people put into danger in this one. There is some danger, but not as much.

And cute Jadie, of course wouldn't she call Tahiri Master Veila? Or at least Master Tahiri?

I love Jadie. well, i thought about the master thing, but Tahiri isn't a Jedi Master yet, so i didn't want Jade to call her master at all. I thought about calling her Miss Tahiri, but i thought Miss Velia sounded more professional.

hollynkesten-next.... Great job Rose, glad you started!!! and love Jade, awwww

Thanks! Yeah she's a cutie!

RK_Striker_JK_5-Nice to see this starting, Rose. Jade is quite cute, although you realize her name is Jade Skywalker, right?

it's nice to start it too. I think jade is adorable. I do realize her name is Jade Skywalker. Jadie is a throw back to me. I have a friend named Jeff, and i constantly call him Jeffie. My sister's name is amanda and i call her Mandie. I like to add Ie to the ends of names, so Jadie is what i would call Jade. So i made everyone else call her that, sort of like a nickname.

Hmm, what's wrong with Danni? Almost dying? Ouch!

yeah Danni isn't doing so well. What's funny is that Danni is mentioned several times in the story, she is important to peices of the plot, but she is never actually in the story. I don't write her at all.

And Luke could kick Kyp's butt any day of the week!

Yeah, But i thought Luke making a joke about it was more suitable.

Valin_Halcyon-YAY!!!!!!!!

Will Ryker be there soon?

hehe, anxious are we. Patience you must have. I believe the first appearance of Ryker is in the 3rd post :)

Well i'm off to compile my nominees for the SFFA's but in case you missed it:

The Summer Fanfictions award have just started, so get out and nominate. For more info on the awards go to The Offical Summer Fanfic Awards discussion. Please go to Before the Saga Awards, [link=http://boards.theforce.net/

15. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Sorry I'm late. Your PM arrived right after I split last night, and I had my church picnic today. Ouch, poor Danni. Talk about hard luck. Awww, Jadie is soooo cute. Kinda reminds me of my one cousin at that age.

16. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

*pokes up*

Congratulations to Neo-Padalin and RK_Striker for being nommed for Summer Fanfic Awards. Y'all totally deserved them! *Throws confetti* :p

(author is really posting this because she's dying to get the next post up. Y'all are going to love Astria and Aolani ;) )

17. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    We are? And why don't you just post it?

18. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

I hope you guys like them. They're vital to the plot.

I feel like i need a reason to post the next post, because i'm deviating from the once a week posting schedule that i try to stick to. :)

would it help if i told you that Jacen and Tenel ka are also in the next post? would that make anyone more interested? :D

19. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Only if it involves Jacen leaving Tenel Ka, and Tahiri running away with him...

20. Barefoot_XO

Barefoot_XO Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    I'll go with Dev...

That would sure make things interesting...

Then we could have a great scene where the entire Hapan Fleet is chasing down its Prince Consort like some common criminal...

I'd pay to see that...

That being said, I'm far more interested in seeing what Tahiri's mission is... Money is on something that involves either Twin Suns or, at least, Ryker Tamblin...

Jasper

21. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    That was great! I love Jade!! She's so adorable! I would put in my favorite quotes from this part but there were too many. I can't wait for more!

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Tenel Ka and Jacen?

WAAA-HOO!!!!!!!!!

23. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Dev_Binks-Only if it involves Jacen leaving Tenel Ka, and Tahiri running away with him...

[face_laugh] that's funny. I'm sorry thats not going to be happening in my story. Plus i thought you liked Ryker? :confused:

Barefoot_XO-I'll go with Dev...

That would sure make things interesting...

I would have to concur it would make things interesting. But i think i'd have several readers wanting to tar and feather me....

Then we could have a great scene where the entire Hapan Fleet is chasing down its Prince Consort like some common criminal...

I'd pay to see that...

[face_laugh] yeah that would be mighty funny. I'd like to see Jacen when Tenel Ka gets her hands on him afterwards

That being said, I'm far more interested in seeing what Tahiri's mission is... Money is on something that involves either Twin Suns or, at least, Ryker Tamblin...

I hate when readers can guess the plot :p Nah, i flat out told you guys this was Tahiri and Ryker's story, so if you didn't think they were going to end up together somehow you were living in denial. ;)

Jedi_Bubbles-That was great! I love Jade!! She's so adorable! I would put in my favorite quotes from this part but there were too many. I can't wait for more!

Yes, Jade is cute. She's sort of the catalyst for the beginning of things for Tahiri, but you'll understand that more in a few posts.....

RK_Striker_JK_5-Tenel Ka and Jacen?

WAAA-HOO!!!!!!!!!

I knew you'd be happy about them ;)

24. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Three posts till the next page!

25. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Two more posts, till the next page.

I think i'm more exicted to post the next post than you guys are to get it :p

Btw, I'm loving the new post reply page. Everything is so easy to use now! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.