main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends For Better or Worse [J/TK, J/Z, T/OC and More!] Author Note (9/8) Sequel Up soon!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rose_Skywalker, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Agreed I am. Easier it is.

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Okay, Yoda-I mean, Zebula.

And hey, it's Jacen and Tenel Ka! No way you're more excited than I am!

3. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Zeb-I know this is so great. I hate typing in markup codes

Striker- thats true. You are the Tenel Ka and Jacen King! ;)

So far, i think this post is the longest in the story.

Post Two
    Jacen watched his wife from the holomonitor. She looked fierce and beautiful as she argued with the Hapan dignitaries. Managing a cluster of 67 worlds had drained his wife?s energy almost daily, but somehow she always managed to get back up and argue with them again. She must be taking notes from mom, Jacen thought to himself. Getting up from the bed, he walked over to their closet and pulled out his black dress shoes. He frowned in disgust at them, but slide them on anyways. I will never get over all this pomp and circumstance he chuckled to himself. The son of princess Leia never liked having to dress up and play the part of a dignitary. Even as a child, he was happier chasing his sister Jaina and their friend Zekk around the levels of Corsucant. I don?t know what ever possessed me to do this stuff, he told himself.

?I will not waiver. I am the queen mother by birthright. I will not let some dignitaries fool me into a situation that is not good for the consortium,? He heard his wife say on the holomonitor. He glanced up to watch the flamed-haired Dathomirian answer another dignitaries question. He smiled to himself remember why he took this job. The pomp and circumstance is worth it just to have her, he reminded himself. A knock on the door broke him out of thought. Jacen quickly through on a blue dress shirt, and began buttoning it up. ?Who is it??

?It?s Anora, with the packages.?

?One chronosecond,? Jacen shouted in response. Anora was his wife?s faithful assistant who had recently become the nanny of their daughters. Recently Tenel Ka and Jacen had become too busy to watch their almost three-year-old twin daughters, Astria and Aolani, and Jacen had suggested getting a nanny for them. Tenel Ka had agreed, but insisted on hiring someone she knew personally. The daughters of the queen mother and a prominent Jedi knight would always be in danger, but the girls were also the grandchildren of the heroes of the New Republic, and the great-grandchildren of Darth Vader. This made them even more susceptible to kidnappings, death threats, and Ta?chume. Therefore, Tenel Ka hired Anora to watch them. She was already a gifted bodyguard, and she knew the layout of the palace, including the hidden passageways. She had proven her loyalty to Tenel Ka in the last six years of service, and she had a special knack for being good with children.

?Daddy huwwy up,? Jacen heard his younger daughter Aolani shout. He could hear the soft thud of four little fists pounding on the door.

Jacen finished buttoning up his shirt, walked over to the door, and swung it open. He peered down at his two little girls. ?Did I hear someone talking??

The two little girls attached themselves to their dad?s legs. ?Hi daddy,? the two squealed.

Jacen walked slowly, and very carefully back over to the bed with his two year olds hanging onto his legs. He sat down on the bed, and patted their hair. Aolani unhooked herself from his leg first and climbed onto her father?s lap. Aolani was younger than her twin sister by three minutes, and had her mother?s fiery red-gold hair, but her father?s brandy-brown eyes. Astria soon followed suit and climbed onto her father?s lap as well. Astria was the miniature version of Jacen, with the same brown hair and brandy brown eyes. She reminded Jacen of his sister at that age.

?How are my two favorite princesses,? He asked them. The two of them giggled in response.

?How were they today, Anora??

?Well-behaved as always,? She responded with a funny grin on her face.

Jacen arched his eyebrow at the older blond.

?Okay,? she sighed

?Anora,? the two little girls cried.

Jacen turned his head to his two little girls and gave them the famous Solo lopsided grin, ?What did you two do

4. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Aww, those two are so cute. How toddlers remain so adorable after getting into really big trouble, I don't know.

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I agree with Zeb. They're so cute! And Tenel Ka speaking there... [face_love]

6. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    These twins are cute! Awww...

7. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Yeah this story is full of adorable kids. Actually it's just those three. ;)

8. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003

That's the funniest line in this fic so far.

And yeah, I like Ryker, but J/T will always be my favorite Jacen ship. :p

And I actually didn't like the kids. [face_plain] They're just meh.

9. Barefoot_XO

Barefoot_XO Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    Jaina and Ryker next...

That's like a two for the price of one deal...

So... I've gotta ask... when's the next post...

J/TK's kids are cute. I loved that bit where Anora thinks about why she likes Jacen as the Prince Consort. It was a quality scene...

Jasper

10. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Awww! The twins remind me of my little sister. Always 'forgetting' why they wouls be in trouble. Keep it going it is really great!

11. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    The girls loved Miko instantly, and were constantly bugging their parents to have Miko come over to play.

That could be a logistical problem... :p

Ryker next? Cool!

12. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

]ZebulaNebula- Aww, those two are so cute. How toddlers remain so adorable after getting into really big trouble, I don't know.

There toddlers thats how it works. You can't be mad at things that cute :p

RK_Striker_JK_5-I agree with Zeb. They're so cute! And Tenel Ka speaking there...

they are cute. I knew you'd like Tenel Ka. Although i have to admit i find her characterization the most difficult out of all the characters. I'm always worried i'm going about her wrong, and she's in the story alot.

SilSolo-These twins are cute! Awww...

there all cute at this age. Even Jaina and Jacen had to be and look at what terrors they grew up to be :p

Dev_Binks- That's the funniest line in this fic so far.

I thought you'd like that line. I have to say i thought it was one of my more ingenius lines.

And yeah, I like Ryker, but J/T will always be my favorite Jacen ship.

Fair enough, i've converted a few Jaina/Jag people, or at least got them to read. But everyones has their favorites and who am i to argue. ;)

And I actually didn't like the kids. plain They're just meh.

Well you sort of have to like kids alittle. I mean there two years olds, what can you do?

Barefoot_XO-Jaina and Ryker next...

That's like a two for the price of one deal...

Yeah, and actually it will be the first time we ever seen them really interact. Even in What;s a girl to do, we never see Ryker and Jaina together and they work together. So it's going to be fun to see the dynamic and what you guys think of it.

J/TK's kids are cute. I loved that bit where Anora thinks about why she likes Jacen as the Prince Consort. It was a quality scene...

Thanks! I wanted an outsiders perspective on Jacen for a change. I mean we know we like him, but we never know what the Hapes thinks about their prince consort, so i wanted to show them growing to like him

So... I've gotta ask... when's the next post...

Posts are typically on sundays. If you'd like i can Pm you when i update.

Genimay-Awww! The twins remind me of my little sister. Always 'forgetting' why they wouls be in trouble. Keep it going it is really great!

Yeah i've been through several siblings that can do that. There two year olds they dont have a long attention span.

Valin_Halcyon- That could be a logistical problem... tongue

Ryker next? Cool!

Yeah, it is a logistical problem, but i wanted to set some things up for possible other vignettes down the road ;)

Yep, I know everyone is eagerly awaiting the return of Ryker. My little OC that could :D

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    If you need help with Tenel Ka, Rose, just ask.

14. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Trust me I will. Right now the stuff i have with her seems fine. It's when we get into the major stuff, i worry. I just hate asking for help, because then i have to give away parts of the plot, and i like surprises [face_devil] :D

15. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Aww... I love Astria and Aolani!!! They're so kawaii... I mean adorable!!!

This chapter had me snickering every few sentences, so I regret to say that I can't put in my favorite lines or else I might copy/paste most of the post. I loved it! Great job.

16. Caramello-Jedi

Caramello-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2003
    I loved that line.

The twins are so damn cute!

17. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003

Throw 'em in the brig...O:)

And I love the new "quote" feature![face_love]

18. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Loved it! Oh, the twins are adorable! [face_love]

19. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    The intro to the two girls was great. Very comical. :)

Post more soon.

20. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
  21. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    I Know, but the only get worse as we go on... [face_devil]
    Yeah, i'm working on making this story funnier. The next post i hope is my really funny one. ;)

Yeah, i liked the spice joke. I thought it was something Tenel Ka would say. They are adorable.

I can't throw kids in the Brig! I'm not that evil. The new quote feature is throwing my off a little. I'm so used to doing things my way, it's sort of different.

Thanks! Two year olds are often cute, and handfuls...[face_devil]

Yeah, i wanted something funny for their intro. I want to show how their Dad interacted with them. Because i'm trying to draw a paralell between Han and Jacen with their kids.

More will be up on sunday!

22. Sprikloas

Sprikloas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    [face_hypnotized] I've just read the whole first story in one sitting, and my bum hurts. Good stuff, though. Your writing has improved greatly from the first story to this one.

Ewoks on spice. Classic... Sound like my sister's hamster, when it's not trying to stuff every kind of food into its cheek pouches.:D lol.

I really hope Zeb dosen't notice me sitting here reading when I really should be posting on my story... *hides from Zeb in a corner and writes furiously*

--Sprikolas

HIDE THE SPOONS...

23. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Relax, Sprik. We all need down time. Tell y'inz the truth, Ideally, I oughta be working on mine.

24. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    I could imagine being in pain reading that whole story in one sitting. I imagine it takes a few hours. Thanks! I sure hope my writing has improved. 3 years of writing, i would hope to get better :) *does new reader happy dance* [face_dancing]
    :D I used to have a hamster. His name was oliver, and he was a master escape artists, he got out like 25 times in 2 year. I think there so cute!
    Don't worry, i'll grant you amensty in my story. She can't attack you here, otherwise no chocolate covered zekks or Ryker's for her :p

In a perfect world, we could eat, sleep, and write fanfiction all day, but alas we have lives. I mean if i could get paid to sit at my computer everyday and write, i'd be in heaven, but it doesn't pay the car insurance;)

Btw, Thank you so very very much to whomever nominated me for Best Epic, and Best Oc-Male for Ryker. I can't tell you how much that made my day. And while my record at winning these awards is pretty bad, I can't tell you how honored i am that y'all even thought of my story.[face_blush] [face_love]

25. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    She can't attack you here, otherwise no chocolate covered zekks or Ryker's for her tongue

Um, I'm a guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.