main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends For Better or Worse [J/TK, J/Z, T/OC and More!] Author Note (9/8) Sequel Up soon!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rose_Skywalker, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

[face_laugh] You know when i first got to this sit 2 years ago, someone told me that you can never tell who on the site is a girl and whose a guy. They said more guys have female icons than females do, and that the names are more often than not deciving. I have never run into this until now. [face_blush] sowwy!

so let me amend that sentance:

You can't have any chicken wings, or chocolate Tenel Kas or Jainas. ;)

2. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    S'aright. It bugs me, too. I cannot list the number of such cases. User profiles often say if so-and-so is a lady or a gent.

Edit: I'm not gonna bug Sprikloas anyway. I don't give people a hard time on areas I struggle with myself. "Remove the log in your own eye before trying to remove the speck in your friend's eye", and such.

3. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

I didn't figure you were going to bug sprik, but i thought i'd tease a little. ;)

You are right about the male or female in the profiles, although i did come across one that said he was spiderman. I've come across a few that say they are both two. I mean anything goes on a star wars site. I think i'm going to be wookie tonight :D.

anyways, sorry if i offended you. I wasn't trying to. :* :* :* to make up for it.

4. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    I don't get offended easily. I know you didn't mean any harm.

5. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    Yay [:D]!

But this actually brings me to a theoretical question, and so it is time for one of Rose's ever famous Survey's.

Now i've always thought that this site was primarly (52%) female, now i know that there are guys on the site, but i always thought there were less, espically in fanfic. So i'm wondering, since i write a Romance story (although i would categorize it less romance and more drama/action) what kind of readers do i have. If i go along with my typical train of thought i probably have more females, but know i'm kinda curious. So if y'all lovely readers will indulge my need to know, would you kindly please post and tell me if your male or female.

Let the count begin! :D

btw, on a completely unrelated note, Killik_Twilight has consent and passed all tests needed to be my beta. The only test is, if you really want to deal with me. because i'm insane, you know that whole genuis and insanity thing.

6. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    I'm a male.

7. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    I think the official stat for fanfiction is 66% female, 34% male.

8. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    =D= awesome job! love the twins, can't Wait for more!!! Keep up the good work!

9. Caramello-Jedi

Caramello-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2003
    Well I'm female...or at least i think i am....i was last i checked, don't think i've changed.

10. Sprikloas

Sprikloas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    *Looks down shirt* Female. Or those're some hella odd tumours.

--Sprikolas.

11. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    I am a female.

12. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

thanks! I love the kids! :D

Okay, so current count is:
    Male:2
    female:3

I'm just taking this count for the heck of it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if more of my readers were actually male.

Btw,Only 6 Days left to Nominate for the Summer Fanfiction awards. Please go to Before the Saga Awards, The Saga Awards, or Beyond the Saga Awards to see the nominees, or to read the rules to nominate.

Disclaimer: I am in no way saying you have to vote for my story, me, or any character in my story. I am however saying that you do need to vote for someone. These are your awards. If you don't vote, you can't complain about who wins! :D

13. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Half the problem with the awards may be the fact that there are so many wonderful stories, it's kind of hard to choose. I had to flip a coin on on who I nommed for best crossover and Best New Author among other slots (these were the most heart-wrenching, as all options were first rate). I won't say who I actually nommed for it, but the authors of both crossovers are readers of this thread, while neither of the new authors are posters (to my knowledge) but may lurk.

14. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    Oh I know. Everytime the awards come around i take forever trying to fgure out who to nominate for what. Some categories are really easy, and some are really hard. Best ensemble got me this year, because i didn't know what to pick, as well best all-around, and best Oc-female. But i think i picked the best (IMO), although my record of picking winners is sort of bad. I think i've picked one in 5 awards ceremonies, and thats was RK_Strikers Best crossover win last awards for Three sailor senshi.

But you know i think it's out job to vote, even if what we nom doesn't win, just to get the names out of all the great stories that are out there. :D

15. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    What Rose probably didn't tell you guys is that I'm male. Just to up the count of the guys . . .

And the next post is great!

KT

16. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    so current count:

male: 3
    Female: 3

and don't you hate it when the beta tells you how great the post is, 2 days before you get to read it :p but at least i got someone to fix my spelling :)

17. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Post Three:

Jaina hopped down from her X-wing, her squadron right behind her. She tapped her foot impatiently, while the rest of her crew took their time shutting down their X-wings, and assembling themselves outside of the cockpits of their X-wings. She watched as her number two, Ryker Tamblin, let out a whoop of joy and high-fived Twin Suns Eight, Nooska Hippolo. Zuhan followed suit giving out a Wookie growl of joy. Jaina tried not to laugh at her group of pilots who were acting like they had just blown up the Death Star.

Jaina cleared her throat loudly, ?Uh Um.?

The eleven other pilots didn?t even give it a notice. Jaina rolled her eyes and tried again, ?UH HUM!?

Malou-Ra, Twin Suns Three, looked at her commander, and then back at the crowd. She gave Jaina a shrug, saying there was nothing she could do to control the crowd.

Ryker was now jumping onto Zuhan?s back and pretending to ride him around like a tauntan. Even Layla, the Dathomirian, and Twin Suns Seven, who was normally very quiet and reserved was dancing around with Nooska.

Jaina gave a disgruntled sigh, levitated Ryker off of Zuhan?s back, and floated him around the hanger.

?Hey, I think the colonel is trying to tell us something,? Aurota, Twin Suns Nine noted.

?You think,? Ryker shouted down at them, the blood rushing to his head rather quickly as Jaina spun him head over heels.

?Listen up,? Jaina shouted at them, ?So I can let you have your three days of vacation.?

The hanger quickly silenced, all eyes facing Jaina.

?Catch, Zuhan,? she told him, as she stopped levitating Ryker. The chestnut Wookie ran forward to catch the auburn-haired Pilot.

?Thanks Zuhan,? Ryker told the Wookie, as he hopped down to his feet. He turned to face Jaina; ?I hate it when you do that,? He growled at her.

?Well if you?d stop acting like you blew up the Death Star, instead of just getting off patrol duty I wouldn?t have to do it, ? Jaina snapped back. ?Now onto business, I know you guys are excited to get your three-day leave. I just want to tell you a job well done. I want to remind you that even though you?re out of uniform you still represent the Galactic Alliance and my squadron in particular. So don?t do anything I wouldn?t do.?

?Don?t worry, we won?t kidnap anyone who won?t date us? except for maybe Ryker,? Aurota cut Jaina off.

?I don?t need to kidnap anyone, women flock to me naturally,? Ryker shot back.

?Yes, unlike you Aurota,? Jaina resumed control of her squadron. ?Now I have to go give Wedge a debriefing, so we have to hurry up. As you know, I still haven?t found a permanent replacement for Delphi. Willian has accepted a place in Durron?s Dozen, and I am going to have to find another replacement. This means that I am going to need some of you over the next three days to help me weed out the applicants. Ryker and Malou-Ra, I will see you tomorrow morning for the sim. Nooska and Layla, I will need you Saturday for combat exercises. The rest of you have a good three-day weekend, and behave yourselves. Dismissed!?

The squadron filled out in form. A lot of hooting and hollering could be heard as they left, most of them heading for one of Mon Cal?s various bars to relax. Ryker hung back from the group waiting to talk to Jaina.

?You coming Ryker,? Aurota shouted among the group of pilots going to the Dancing Jawa bar.

?I?ll catch up to you,? he shouted back. He waited for Layla to finish chatting with Jaina before running to catch up to her.

?Hey Jaina,?

?What do you want Ryker??

?Snippy, aren?t we? I just wanted to talk to you for a minute. Why are you in such a hurry??

Jaina stopped dead in her tracks and turned to face Ryker. It has to be a girl issue, she thought. Ryker never misses an opportunity to go to a bar, or to sleep in on his three-day weekend, unless it?s about a girl. ?For your information, I have a previous engagement, first with Wedge, and then I'm supposed to comm Zekk. I haven?t had one moment alone with my boyfriend in the last three weeks. So what girl problem a

18. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    FIRST POST.....

=D= Great job!!! Loved the little help, and why doesnt she just throw them at one another, seeing as they apart are just plain slow...

More as usual!

19. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Who is Ryker's crush Du Jour? Damn, he needs to learn how to treat a lady. I bet none of his relationships last more than two weeks. True, my own track record with girls isn't exactly impressive, but I know better than that.

P.S. Jaina needs to call him "Number One". He bears a resemblance to a character elsewhere with a similar name, position, and girl troubles.

20. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    =D= Wonderful work, Rose. :D :D

Learn some manners, Ryker! ;)

21. Barefoot_XO

Barefoot_XO Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    *sniffs the air*

Crashed and burned repeatedly, eh...?

Smells like a very familiar romance, say, between Ryker and a certain favourite character on mine, who shall remain shoeless... Please tell me it's true...

Jasper

22. Wes-Janson

Wes-Janson Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2002
    Rose, I still promise to come back and read this, really

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    What happened to Ryker and Tahiri? That one was cute. And asking Jaina for love advice? Hmm.

Hope the squadron has a good leave.

24. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    YAY!!!!! RYKER HAS RETURNED!!!!

25. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    Great posts Rose. I'm back from my vacation and I loved both of the posts I missed. Jacen is sooo cute with his kids and the nanny (sorry can't remember names at all right now) gave a great description of Jacen. Excellent Jaina and Ryker post. More next week, and I'm already lookin' forward to it.

Fireyforce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.