Beyond For Better or Worse [J/TK, J/Z, T/OC and More!] Author Note (9/8) Sequel Up soon!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rose_Skywalker, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    Jaina finished applying lip gloss and tossed her brown hair around just to make sure it didn?t look overdone. Zekk had gone through all the trouble of arranging Tahiri to babysit Miko, and making sure that she had the night off. But then he told her to look casual. Jaina was completely confused so she just wore flight pants and a tank top. She couldn?t get more casual than that.

[face_laugh] That's true, it's pretty casual. But he'll love her no matter what she's wearing! ;)

?You look great,? Tahiri replied, getting up off the couch and giving her a hug. ?You know I just remembered something? when I saw Anakin?

?You saw Anakin?? Jaina's eyes widened and looked like they would pop out of her head. ?Where, when, alive or dead? Is he okay??

:eek: She told Jaina! I didn't see her doing that...

?Jaina,? Tahiri said in a reassuring voice, ?Calm down. When Ryker and I were escaping Nar Shaddaa, I sort of? passed out.?

?You passed out! No wonder Ryker was so worried!? Jaina said. Tahiri gave her this look that said ?shut up and let me finish?.

Yeah, she went through a bit of a rough patch :(

"I?m going on again. He didn?t seem sad or upset. He was really at peace with everything. But we talked for awhile, and he told me to tell you to tell Zekk yes.?

Hehe :p

The fish glowed around them lighting up Jaina?s face in red, blues and greens. He tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear. ?Marry me,? He asked quietly.

[face_love]

Jaina?s eyes grew wide, and she shook her head like she hadn?t heard him correctly. She paused for a moment and then gave him a smirk, ?Where?s my ring??

[face_laugh]

Oh, Jaina! She's got her father's personality, that's for sure :p

Nice update, so glad it came so soon :D

More Ryker/Tahiri soon?? [face_batting]

Ant. ]-}
  2. Fireyforce Jedi Master

star 4
    I love how you brought up the fountain from Coruscant. That is definitely one of my favorite Zekk and Jaina stories. This was a perfect proposal Rose absolutely perfect. Care to explain what the ring looks like? I'm just curious.
  3. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    How did I miss so many posts? YAY for Zekk finally proposing! :) It's also about time for Tahiri and Ryker to get together. :) Yay! Happy posts!
  4. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Easy, i keep forgetting to tell you when i've updated. Of course you could be pleasently distracted too :p
  5. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4

I actually did explain what the ring looked like way back in post 30. But for those who don't remember, and i sure wouldn't:

so it's mostly a red stone on a gold band. If you want to know the history of the stone go here: Heart of Fire Stone

6. Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Master

star 3
    Glad to see the eternal flame of Jaina/Zekk love still burns, no matter how many people try to douse it with their criticisms and over-inflated egos.

Sorry, couldn't help myself there. Rose, you are making a beautiful story here. I haven't read much of it yet, but what I have read, I have enjoyed. Keep up the good work.

Also, this is probably not the best place for it, but I am curious about several of the people here, namely Jedi-Ant. Ant, you seem to have a love/hate relationship with Zekk. One minute you want him and Jaina to get together, the next you hate him, and are voting for Jag on the "Who should Jaina marry?" thread. No offense mate, but it's bloody confusing!

I don't want to cause any problems or anything (we're both Australians, it's not really our nature), I just find it unusual.

But anyway Rose, like I said, please continue the story. Good Work.
    Oh, and if you are offended by my calling Ant or any other people out, I am immensely sorry. Seriously. My mum raised me to be a gentleman, and I don't want to offend you.
  7. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    While, I'm aware you didn't ask me i feel the need to give you my opinion anyways. It's my thread i'll do as i please. There is a big difference between Fanfic and Profic. I have always loved Zekk since the YJK books and this story was what i would have liked to happen in profic. But honeslty in profic, Zekk is a very different person than he used to be. Jaina is the same way. My jaina is vastly different from profic Jaina. I haven't read alot of the new profic, i stopped somewhere during the dark nest trilogy. But it seemed obvious to me in that, that they were setting Jaina up to be with Jag. But Jaina in Profic should be with Jag in profic. Zekk in profic doesn't really suit her anymore. Not that they profic authors couldn't change that, but right now in profic Jaina should be with Jag. Thats why Fanfic is such a great medium, because it allows us to play around with what could have been.
  8. Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Master

star 3
    Yeah, you're probably right Rose. It's just hard for me to accept the things I do not like. It's just that I have been holding out for Jaina/Zekk in profic for so long, and when Jag came in and took her away, it made me so furious! And unfortunately, I can still feel that anger and resentment today. But part of me has come to accept what is happening, though it pains me to do so.

I shouldn't be taking attention away from your story, and for that I apologise. Please continue.
  9. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4

Oh, your not taking away from the story. In fact, I'm waiting on the Beta to get the post back to me right now.
  10. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    ZebulaNebula -Yeeeehaaa. He proposed!1!!! And she accepted! Loved the location - glowing fish. I don't think any planned proposal could have been better than that ... score one for winging it.

Sometimes overthinking does now good, I like spur of the moment kind of things.

Loved that Tahiri was the one to pass on Anakin's message instead of him telling her directly.

Anakin doesn't have time to make House calls to his sister, he's doing more important things in the force ;)

I wonder if Danni has appeared to Miko though. Speaking of Miko, I'm surprised he isn't calling Zekk "Uncle Zekk".

Danni was never really trained that well with the force, so i don't think she will be making any appearances to Miko any time soon. He'll be calling him Uncle Zekk soon enough. Who else would be the ring bearer at the wedding? :D

Stookymalarkey -Hey there, I've been reading through both of your fics and I got to say that it's top notch stuff. I'm a big fan of your characterizations and the action pack sequences you put 'em through. You also get a gold star for keeping up with the continuity of Star Wars's past, a feat that most "Pro" writers just can't be bothered with. Keep up the good work!

First off thanks for reading *does new reader happy dance* [face_dancing] I try really hard to keep mostly in characterization and continuity. Just because what i'm writing doesn't work in Profic doesn't mean it shouldn't disreagard everything written beforehand

ccp -Finally.

Maybe Ryker will swing by and help out Tahiri.

Hehe. Maybe Ryker could do that [face_whistling]

DarthJaded -Yes! I was worried for a minute and that was better than anything Zekk could have planned

with my stories it is always best to be worried a little, and i think it turned out well.

Now I hope Tahiri and Ryker can make up before the wedding or they will be dateless.

Oh weddings take forever to plan, they so have time ;)

RK_Striker_JK_5 -YAY!!!!! Rose, that rocked! Loved the spontaneity of it there, at the pond with the glowfish.

Thanks, the only problem is that my wedding proposal can no way be as good as that.

I'm glad here his family remembers and mises him, unlike profic. Rose, you should be writing the EU!

I'm sure his family misses him in profic, they just dwell on it as much. I hardley think i am capable to write the EU yet.... maybe one day

Handmaiden_Azul -Oh, he's so cute. *gives Miko a squeeze

he is a little charmer [face_love]

Okay, I forgive you. I'm not a big Zaina fan but I have to admit that proposal scene was very creative,romantic and beautiful!

I just didn't think a Jaina/Zekk proposal would be sappy. It would be more like COPL.

Emerald_Lady -lol Makes you wonder what Jaina looks like normally

Like Jaina, flight suit, a blaster and a lightsaber.

Anakin's a good brother.

Just cause he's dead gives him no reason to not be paying attention

I can totally see Jaina doing this.

I try for good characterization

Awww, this was worth waiting for. I love that he proposed to her at a fountain, like Dhalbreth Square.

fountains at dark are just romantic, and rather fun it seems

Courtney_Solo-I love fountain scenes. I really do!

Hehe, thats great then!

But anywho, JAINA AND ZEKK ARE GETTING MARRIED! *dances for joy*

And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is why I love fountains.

[face_laugh]

Jedi-Ant -She told Jaina! I didn't see her doing that...

Anakin left her the message to pass on, it would be wrong of Tahiri to keep it a secret.

Oh, Jaina! She's got her father's personality, that's for sure

I always thought so
  11. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Better late than Never right? :D

Post Forty-Nine

Tahiri had finally put Miko to bed, a good hour after Jaina had wanted him there. They boy had been on a sugar rush since Tahiri let him have a piece of Pyollian cake and a cup of hot chocolate. He had managed to convince her to play six games of the board game Zekk had bought for him. Tahiri had never been so tired out by a child. She could teach a room of fifteen students no problem, but one little Miko was almost too much. She feared the day she got a Durron in her class for it might be the end of her. Tahiri picked up the cups and plates off the living room table and sat them down in the sink. She mindlessly began cleaning them, lost in her own thoughts she barely heard the knock at the door, or the repeated knocks. When she finally was alerted to the presence behind the door, she quickly wiped her wet hands on her pants, as she yelled to the door that she was coming.

She hit the door panel switch, expecting to see one of Jaina?s squad members behind the whooshing door, and she was half-right. Ryker Tamblin stood there in his rumpled flight-suit looking like he hadn?t slept in three days, a bouquet of yellow lyrises in his hand. Tahiri scanned him up and down for a second, not moving out of the doorway to let him in.

?Jaina?s out with Zekk, come back tomorrow,? she told him, before pounding the door panel again. Tahiri pivoted on her heel, as the door slide shut behind her. She chuckled slight wondering what Ryker?s face looked like behind the door. She plopped herself on the couch and picked up a magazine off Jaina?s caf? table. It took a few moments before Ryker started pounding on the door again, more forcefully than before. She could hear him screaming her name and demanding to open the door, and Tahiri was unsure if she really wanted to open the door or not. Finally, after several minutes, Tahiri got up from the couch, walked over to the door and hit the door switch. The door swished open in front of her and Ryker fell into the room as it appeared he had been sitting on the floor with his back to the door. Tahiri hit him on the head with her magazine.

?Do you mind? It?s late and Miko just went to sleep, and I don?t need him waking up,? Tahiri screeched at him as quietly as she could. Ryker stared up at her from the floor, noting that she was very cute when she was angry, but even he knew not to tell her that right now. Tahiri stepped away from his as he managed to pull himself off the floor. He laid the flowers on the kitchen counter and then sat down on Jaina?s couch. Tahiri hit the door panel again, closing the door and then walked around to the couch. Standing in front of it, she crossed her arms and looked down at Ryker as if to ask ?what are you doing here?. Ryker got the hint quickly.

?Listen, I came to say I was sorry. I was being smothering and irrational the other day,? Ryker said staring at his hands, neatly folded into his lap. Tahiri stared down at him, and secretly she felt bad; he looked like a sad little puppy. She had overreacted a little, and he was only trying to be sweet to her. But Tahiri knew if she didn?t make a point, he?d do it again and they were never going to work.

?Yeah, you did. You have to realize that I?m not some helpless little girl that needs your protection. I can fight my own battles. You have seen that first hand. If we are ever going to be together, you have to accept that,? Tahiri finally told him trying to cut some of the bitterness in her voice.

?I know. I?ve learned my lesson. You can fight your own battles, and take care of yourself. I?m just a cute, wonderful person you let pick up the slack if anything were to happen,? Ryker said getting up off the couch, placing his hands on Tahiri arms and giving her his sweet puppy dog face. Tahiri?s heart melted just a little in that second and she couldn?t hold her mad face any longer. She rolled her eyes at him instead. She batted his hands away playfully. He grabbed her around the waist and pull
  12. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, firstly, I do have a love/hate relationship with Zekk. :p

In canon, he's about my least favourite character, which is why I'd love to see Jaina marry Jag (which is why I said that in the "Who should Jaina marry?" thread).

But, as Rose said, seeing as this is not profic, there's no reason why Jaina should marry Jag - heck, I'm fully in support of Jag marrying Tahiri in fanfic! :p

*ant realizes she's probably just confused you more with that* 8-} sorry.

As for being happy about Zekk and Jaina in this 'fic... while I don't like Zekk as a character, he's marrying Jaina in Rose's 'fic, and I'm not going to "flame" the 'ship just because I don't like him, so I just decided to go with it and enjoy it. :) After all, I can overlook the 'shipping situations I don't like if it's a really good 'fic - which this is :D

*pats Rose on the back for her good work*

Ooh, another Aussie! [face_dancing] Although I knew that the second you said "mate" and "bloody" in the same sentence! [:D] :D

And it's not causing problems... you said it in a nice, pleasant manner, without attacking, so I don't have a problem with it in the slightest :)

I'd never thought about it at before, but I guess it would seem a bit unusual to people who don't know me. Those who do know that I 'ship practically everything in the known SW universe - I'm one of those "contro 'shippers" that get a kick out of very "unusual" pairings, to say the least ;)

I hope that clears things up for you a little. :)

Ant. ]-}

13. Emerald_Lady Jedi Knight

star 3
    [face_laugh] I love how Tahiri found out about Jaina's engagement. I bet Miko's going to flip. In a good way. :D
  14. ZebulaNebula Force Ghost

star 5
    Wow ... Miko sure sounds like me at that age, always on the go. Loved Ryker's making up .... and how Tahiri tried to shut him out. Him recognizing that she can take care of himself was a bit late ... he probably should've gotten that after she kicked butt six ways from Tuesday in that fight. Oh well, he's gonna learn to give her some space, and hopefully she'll learn to let herself be pampered on occasion. I just hope Leia doesn't get too much say on Jaina and Zekk's wedding.
  15. ccp Force Ghost

star 4
  16. Fireyforce Jedi Master

star 4
    Loved it Rose! Ryker to too dang cute. As for the next installment I'd say it's entirely up to you. Personally I'd love one, but I know how draining writing these can be and this particular story has been going on for how long now? I suppose my vote is for the next installment if you think you can write it without going insane.
  17. Courtney_Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, GEE, I dunno. :p

I would REALLY love another installment; however, I know (maybe better than most) how hectic things can become,
    and how quickly things can pile up on your 'To-Do' list.

So, I vote for the installment, if it doesn't become too much of a burden for you. :)

C @};- S

PS: HOLY KRIFF! I nearly forgot to remark on this chappie!
    I loved it! I love Tahiri/Ryker and Jaina/Zekk were pretty dang awesome as well. :p

=D=

18. Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Master

star 4
    Whatever you can handle. But I've grown attached to Ryker.
  19. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4

to be perfectly honest, I've grown rather attached to Ryker too. Which makes it all that harder to leave him.
  20. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Aww. I hope they work it out. :D Tahiri and Ryker are so cute together! I hope you do the third part, Rose. [face_batting] And yeah, you're a lot better than the EU writers. :)
  21. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    She hit the door panel switch, expecting to see one of Jaina?s squad members behind the whooshing door, and she was half-right. Ryker Tamblin stood there in his rumpled flight-suit looking like he hadn?t slept in three days, a bouquet of yellow lyrises in his hand. Tahiri scanned him up and down for a second, not moving out of the doorway to let him in.

Aww... what a cute image [face_love] I'm so glad Ryker decided to fight for her! :D

?Jaina?s out with Zekk, come back tomorrow,? she told him, before pounding the door panel again. Tahiri pivoted on her heel, as the door slide shut behind her. She chuckled slight wondering what Ryker?s face looked like behind the door.

LOL! [face_laugh] Poor Ryker! She's really giving him a good lesson ;)

?Listen, I came to say I was sorry. I was being smothering and irrational the other day,? Ryker said staring at his hands, neatly folded into his lap. Tahiri stared down at him, and secretly she felt bad; he looked like a sad little puppy. She had overreacted a little, and he was only trying to be sweet to her. But Tahiri knew if she didn?t make a point, he?d do it again and they were never going to work.

Aww... he apologized, and that must have been so hard for Ryker - he's not exactly the apologizing type :p But I'm Tahiri can see she made a mistake, too :D

But good on her for standing her ground ;) Gotta show him who's boss!

?I know. I?ve learned my lesson. You can fight your own battles, and take care of yourself. I?m just a cute, wonderful person you let pick up the slack if anything were to happen,? Ryker said getting up off the couch, placing his hands on Tahiri arms and giving her his sweet puppy dog face.

[face_love]

*falls head over heels for Ryker's sweet puppy dog face*

I'll tell you what - if Tahiri doesn't want him, I'll have him :D

Tahiri?s heart melted just a little in that second and she couldn?t hold her mad face any longer. She rolled her eyes at him instead. She batted his hands away playfully. He grabbed her around the waist and pulled her down onto the couch with him. He leaned in to give her a short sweet kiss.

Yay! [face_dancing] They're back together!!!

Thank you, thank you Rose!! [:D]

Just as Ryker went in for another kiss, there was a loud bang, the door slid open, and Zekk and Jaina fell backwards onto Jaina?s living room carpet.

Dammit!

:oops:

Sweet timing, Jaina and Zekk! :p Just when we were getting to the mushy-mushy.

?Jaina, you?re soaking wet,? Tahiri stated, grabbing towels out of Jaina?s closet and tossing them to Jaina and Zekk.

Ryker raised an eyebrow at them, ?Do I even want to know??

[face_laugh]

Ryker has the best lines!

?Actually, I?m taking both of you. It was my last ditch effort to get you and Ryker together, but it seems he took the initiative himself.?

Yes, he did. :) He's not just a pretty face after all.

Epilouge Coming up!

Yay! [face_dancing]

I'm not going to lie to ya'll. I am unsure if i'm going to do a third installment. If i do it will be 2/3 Tahiri/Ryker and 1/3 everything else. Feedback is appreciated on what ya'll think i should do.

I vote for a third installment, but that's only because you write Tahiri and Ryker so well, I'd be sad to see it finished. :D

So, if you feel up to writing another one - great! :) I'd so be on board to R & R :D But if DRL gets in the way and you can't... [:D] I'm just happy to have read this one, Rose. [:D] It's been great!!!

Another fab job, and I can't wait for the epilouge!

Ant. ]-}
  22. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4

Hey Ya'll! I'm sorry about the delay on the edning. I'm having an inner struggle right now on whether or not to do a third. I have at least two posts i want to write. One is the ending for this and the second would be thje start for the third. But if i don't do a third i'll probably tack that post onto the end of this story. I'm just really torn right now, and as soon as i decide what i'm going to do the story will get finished. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
    ~*Rose*~
  23. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd personally love to see a third, and I'm sure everyone else would be in agreement.

But it's whatever you feel comfortable with, Rose :D

I've grown rather attached to Ryker, and it'll be sad to see him go, whether you finish him with this 'fic, or with the third.

I'll take the time now to congratulate you on a wonderfully-crafted OC! =D= Ryker is awesome, and you should be very proud! :)

Ant.
    ]-}
  24. CassaSoloDaughterOfA Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm the lurker you could never coax out of hiding. [face_devil]

I see plenty of places and ideas for a third.
    Personally I would absolutely love one.
    If it's time, ideas, or some type of editing that your struggling with,
    than I would be more than happy to assist you in any way I possibly can. :)

Ryker is one of the best OC's that I've ever read,
    It would be a shame to see him go, and I'd love more of him.
    He's well crafted and played as well as a regular novel character.
    In fact, he's the only one other than Anakin that I approve with Tahiri. :D
  25. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4

Hey Ya'll

after a length debate, I have determined to do a third part to the series. I'm just not done with Ryker yet. Theres still alot about him and his story that i have to get out. So YAY fo a third, and Yay because that means i get to finish the second. Expect the next post to go up soon!!

~*Rose*~
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.