Beyond For Better or Worse [J/TK, J/Z, T/OC and More!] Author Note (9/8) Sequel Up soon!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rose_Skywalker, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Post Five

Jaina meandered her way towards her apartment on Mon Cal. Wedge had kept her in their meeting for almost two standard hours, before sending her on her way to Tycho - who needed her to fill out monthly paperwork. Checking her chrono, she realized it was too late to comm Zekk. Her boyfriend would just have to see her after the sim tomorrow. She trudged to the front door of her apartment, keyed in her door combination, and as it whooshed open she trudged inside. She tossed her datacard onto the table, and stumbled to the couch where she promptly flopped down on it. After a few minutes rest, Jaina grappled back onto her feet and walked towards her kitchen. As she made her way inside, she stopped as an extended arm handed her a glass of blue milk.

?Here, ? the smiling face of her boyfriend gave her the cup. She took it from him and took a few sips to quench her parched mouth.

?Thank you,? she said. ?How did you know I was back??

Zekk took a moment to pick Jaina up in his arms, carry her over his shoulder back into the living room, and toss her onto the couch. ?Sit,? he commanded.

Jaina nodded her head sleepily.

Zekk quickly brought in the glass of blue milk and set it on the table beside Jaina. Zekk went back into the kitchen and searched through Jaina?s fridge.

?What do you want for dinner, leftover nerf, or leftover Calamarian alfredo??

?Whatever,? Jaina sighed, closing her eyes.

?Okay, then,? In a few minutes Zekk brought in two plates, each with half a nerf and some leftover pasta. He sat one plate down in front of Jaina, and then he sat down with his plate in the oversized blue chair, next to the couch.

Jaina looked at him, and then back down at the food before eating.

Zekk gave a half smile before taking a few bites of his food. ?Ryker commed me after you went into Wedge?s office. He said it would probably be an hour or two before you got in, ? Zekk answered her question.

Remind me to give that boy a raise, Jaina thought. She took a sip of her milk. ?I?ve missed you.?

?I know,? Zekk responded. He had missed her too. He hated the fact that their schedules kept them apart so much. He was often off planet running cargo for the GFFA, and she was always being deployed on some mission with Twin Suns. The last time they had gotten together they had only had a few hours before both their comlinks beeped sending them off in different directions. ?I?ve missed you too.?

?So how long do we have before you have to go again?? Jaina asked tentatively, picking at her nerf.

?I?ve got the same three day weekend you have. I asked Rynna to cover my delivery to Bespin tomorrow.?

?Oh.? Jaina smiled as she watched Zekk slurp up the last of his pasta. ?Good, you can come with me tomorrow.?

Zekk picked up his plate and took it back to the kitchen, before sliding in behind Jaina on the couch. ?What do you have to do tomorrow??

?I have to meet Ryker and Malou-Ra for a sim. We?re testing the new batch of applicants for the open position we have. Then I get to break the news to Ryker that he will be leaving me for awhile.?

?I'm sure he?ll just be devastated,? Zekk laughed. He had met Jaina?s XO, and while he liked the younger man, he was sometimes a little bit too much like Jaina for Zekk?s comfort. One Jaina is enough; a male version is too much, he thought. ?Where is he going? Is he transferring to another squadron??

Jaina laughed, ?The only way I'm going to get rid of Ryker is if he gets his own squadron to command. When I saw Wedge earlier tonight, he said he needed a pilot, and a good one; there was some mission he needed one for. Wedge said originally one of the Rogues was going to do it, but last minute the squadron got called out for some major assignment. So he asked me for the best pilot I have, you know other than myself.?

?And that would be Ryker,? Zekk leaned in to massage Jaina?s shoulders.

?Yep,? she sighed leaning back into him, ? Which means if we don?t find a good replacement tomorrow I'm going to be two pilots short for awhile.
  2. ZebulaNebula Force Ghost

star 5
    Those two are such a cute couple. This series has made me wonder why I started to 'ship anything other than J/Z in the first place, let alone write the competition(Okay, Jag! There, I said it!) into my fic. You and Striker re-converted me to J/Z. Is Ryker gonna get a squadron? I hope he gets one.
  3. Fireyforce Jedi Master

star 4
    hehehe, cute! I sooo want a b/f like Zekk in this last post. soo sweet and understanding. *sigh* very good Rose very good.

Fireyforce
  4. Sprikloas Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm with Zeb on this one... You've converted me to J/Z. Which is what I write, but I always thought Jag was better for Jaina.. But now? Zekkie all the way. :D

I would really like to hear for TK and Jacen... Have her maim someone good, eh?

--Sprikolas
  5. Barefoot_XO Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hmmm...

We wonders whom will be going on this mission with Ryker, yes we wonders...

Jasper
  6. Dev_Binks Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ewwww!!! J/Z nastiness!!!![face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick]

They are a cute couple though, at least how you write 'em. And wouldn't Jaina be a wee bit surprised to have somebody in her kitchen without knowing it? o_O And poor Ryker! He's gonna be without Jaina and TAhiri!
  7. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Oh, that was so cute!

*Smacks Dev on the head with Jaded_Girl's wiffle bat* Now, now! This is a good fic. And this was a great post!
  8. Valin_Halcyon Jedi Master

star 4
    leftover Calamarian alfredo

=P~

Great post!
  9. Neo-Paladin Force Ghost

star 4
    Nice to see they are both in form. ;)
  10. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
  11. The_Jedi_Obi-Solo Jedi Master

star 3
  12. Killik_Twilight Jedi Master

star 4
    Hehe, I told ya what I thought of it already, but I'll post some of it here: you did a great job showing Zekk's concern for Jaina. He's a real gentleman, isn't he?

Nice work!

KT
  13. Jedi_Bubbles Force Ghost

star 4
    Aww... that was so sweet!!! I loved it! And it had Zekk!!! Nicely done.
  14. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    ZebulaNebula-Those two are such a cute couple. This series has made me wonder why I started to 'ship anything other than J/Z in the first place, let alone write the competition(Okay, Jag! There, I said it!) into my fic.

thanks! Aww thanks I feel honored that i'm converting people. Alot of Jag shippers never read the YJK series, so they don't know the Jaina/zekk backstory. It's okay, i wrote a Jaina/jag story once (and i hope it is long dead and buried somewhere). I find that to me, Jaina and Zekk aren't really finished, so i find the possiblities to write with them better. Jag is a little bit to stiff and proper for the kind of stuff i like to write.

You and Striker re-converted me to J/Z. Is Ryker gonna get a squadron? I hope he gets one.

we shall see, we shall see :p

Fireyforce-hehehe, cute! I sooo want a b/f like Zekk in this last post. soo sweet and understanding. *sigh* very good Rose very good.

yeah Zekk is so sweet and caring, but remember he's also stubborn and male. They can be wonderful, and then they can be pains. Thanks! :D

Sprikloas-I'm with Zeb on this one... You've converted me to J/Z.

wow i'm sort of honored. I never thought i was converting people. :)

Which is what I write, but I always thought Jag was better for Jaina.. But now? Zekkie all the way

I have to say i like Jag. I think he has his possibilities. I think he would be a good match for Jaina, i just like Zekk better. To be honest i think Kyp has his possiblities too, i just don't care for him that much.

I would really like to hear for TK and Jacen... Have her maim someone good, eh?

oh, were going to check back in with them soon :D .

Barefoot_XO-Hmmm...

We wonders whom will be going on this mission with Ryker, yes we wonders...

don't worry, you shant wonder too long, gollum :p

Dev_binks-Ewwww!!! J/Z nastiness!!!!

[face_laugh] did you really need that many sick faces?

They are a cute couple though, at least how you write 'em

thanks! I know mush really isn't your thing.

And wouldn't Jaina be a wee bit surprised to have somebody in her kitchen without knowing it?

she's a jedi. She knew Zekk was in her kitchen before she opened the door to her apartment.

And poor Ryker! He's gonna be without Jaina and TAhiri!

oh just wait and see [face_devil]

RK_Striker_JK_5-Oh, that was so cute!

thanks!

*Smacks Dev on the head with Jaded_Girl's wiffle bat* Now, now! This is a good fic. And this was a great post

[face_laugh] The post is good, i don't think Dev is saying that. I don't think dev is too fond of mush by any couple. You know he's in it for the action ;)

Valin_Halcyon-leftover Calamarian alfredo=P~

*giggles*

Great post!

thank you!

Neo-Paladin-Nice to see they are both in form.

yep and in good form too ;)

The_Jedi_Obi-Solo-Great Post!

thank you! Thanks for reading! :)

Killik_Twilight-Hehe, I told ya what I thought of it already, but I'll post some of it here: you did a great job showing Zekk's concern for Jaina. He's a real gentleman, isn't he?

well i try to make him a gentleman. Thank you, your opinion means alot to me :D

Jedi_Bubbles-Aww... that was so sweet!!! I loved it! And it had Zekk!!! Nicely done.

yeah it was kind of sappy sweet post. I'm not much for them, but every once
  15. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4

Alright, It's a double post weekend! simply because i thought it unfair to post these two short posts seperatly. ;)

Post Six
    ?But daddy!!? Astria squealed.

?No buts, little princess. It is time for bed. You guys can watch the little Bothan holodrama tomorrow,? Jacen told his yawning daughters. He never could figure out why his girls wanted to stay up late when he knew they were already tired. He wondered if he was like that when he was a kid. He kissed both of their foreheads. ?Your mom will be in here shortly,? he told them, before turning the light out to their room and closing the door. He nodded to Anora on the way down the hall. She lived in the room adjacent to the twins, with a built in door, in case anything happened in the middle of the night.

?All yours,? he told Tenel Ka when he walked into their stateroom. ?Be firm with them, they want to stay up and watch a movie.?

?This is a fact,? Tenel Ka replied a slight smile on her lips.

Jacen grinned at her, ?The dinner went well enough tonight.?

?This is also a fact.?

?I don?t think the dignitaries from Terephon knew what they were getting into coming to visit.?

?Well, no one expects two year olds to be perfect.?

?Yeah, but I don?t think they expected Astria to dump blue milk all over herself or her sister,? Jacen noted.

?Mistakes happen.?

?Okay, I don?t think they expect to have to change dining halls twice in the middle of dinner either,? Jacen pointed out. In the first course of their meal with the dignitaries from, an alarm went off and they had to move to another dining hall. During the main course the kitchen adjacent to the dining hall burst into flames, due mostly in fact to Aolani, who had gone into the kitchen to get cleaned up after the milk incident, and accidentally left her stuffed ewok on a heated surface. It of course burst into flames, but everyone was so busy they barely noticed it was on fire until Aolani was cleaned up. By then security for both the Queen Mother and the dignitaries from Terephon forced them into another dining hall.

?That was . . . unfortunate,? Tenel Ka responded before slipping out the door to tell her daughters goodnight.

Jacen fell back on the bed.

~*~
    Tenel Ka shut off the light and closed the door to her daughters' room and paused a moment. She scanned the hallway. There was nothing unusual, she told herself. Two guards were positioned outside the doorway to her daughters' room. Two more guards were positioned down the hallway. Anora was sleeping in her room. Yet, there was something that felt wrong to Tenel Ka. Everything looked in order, as it did every night, but something felt out of place. Tenel Ka did one more glance over of the perimeter before setting the lock on her daughter?s door. Only Anora, Jacen and herself, had a key to the door lock, so no unwanted visitors could get in. Tenel Ka sighed softly as she walked down the hallway to her own stateroom.

The guards nodded their heads at her solemnly as she walked by.

~*~
    ?How were the princesses,? Jacen asked his wife as she came into their stateroom.

?They were asleep before I got there,? She told him.

?What?s wrong?? he asked her moving up to wrap his arms around her.

?Something doesn?t feel right.?

?I don?t feel anything,? he told her calmly.

Tenel Ka turned and kissed her husband lightly on the cheek. ?It?s probably nothing.?

?No one can get into that room. Not even Jaina with a hydrospanner, on spice, and Whyren's Reserve could get at our daughters.?

?Jaina would probably just want to teach them how to fix the Pride,? Tenel Ka pointed out.

?Well they won?t be doing that for another ten years at least. None of my children are going to be two-bit mechanics with a thrill for Derby racing like my dad and sister.?

?None of your children?? Tenel Ka raised an eyebrow at him.

?Well I was hoping we could have a son in the future, if that?s alright with you, your majesty,? Jacen teased.

?That can be arrange
  16. hollynkesten Force Ghost

star 3
    awesome doulbe posts... love the throwing Tahiri and Ryker together, aqnd can't wait to find out whats going to happen to the girls! Keep up the good work!
  17. Dev_Binks Jedi Grand Master

star 6

SHould've used more...

And very good post. I can't help but feel sorry for Tahiri, everyone's against her. :(
  18. Valin_Halcyon Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes!!! I can't wait for the next post!!!
  19. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Jacen and Tenel Ka were quite cute with the kids there, but I wonder about their safety...

And Tahiri... I felt a bit sorry for her. I hope she's okay going to Tattooine. And ewhat is this mission of hers?

Great post, Rose.
  20. Genimay Jedi Master

star 4
    I missed a post!:eek: :_| Sorry! I relly like the J/Z and J/TK! The little kids are sooo cute. Great posts. I think Tahiri will have a VERY interesting mission.
  21. Jedi_Bubbles Force Ghost

star 4
    First off, before I put in my little comments and favorite lines, I'm just going to tell you that the posts were great!.

He never could figure out why his girls wanted to stay up late when he knew they were already tired. He wondered if he was like that when he was a kid.

Wow, Jacen must've not spent a lot of time around Ben because all kids try to stay up later even when they're dead tired. I did it, my sibs do it, the kids I babysit for do. Everyone does it at some point.

Two more guards were positioned down the hallway. Anora was sleeping in her room. Yet, there was something that felt wrong to Tenel Ka. Everything looked in order, as it did every night, but something felt out of place.

I'm starting to feel paranoid.

?Something doesn?t feel right.?

?I don?t feel anything,? he told her calmly.

Tenel Ka turned and kissed her husband lightly on the cheek. ?It?s probably nothing.?

?No one can get into that room. Not even Jaina with a hydrospanner, on spice, and Whyren's Reserve could get at our daughters.?

That was an interesting visual with Jaina. And my paranoia has not been relieved. I also liked that bit with Jacen saying that no child of his was going to become like Jaina or Han. For that not to happen, Jacen would have to isolate his kids in a bubble.

Luke laughed, ?Mara isn?t going to be capable of handling a mission this delicate without demanding explosives or trying to kill someone.?

[face_laugh] Sounds like Mara. Awesome, I loved it! *has a very good feeling about Tahiri and Ryker's meeting*
  22. ZebulaNebula Force Ghost

star 5
    I like those two toddler's antics. Kinda remind me of a family friend's child, always finding trouble without looking for it. Oooh, Tenel Ka's got a bad feeling, I wonder who is going to try what, but I know the odds of success against that kind of security is small, but even a failed attempt will get Jacen and Tenel Ka riled up. Tahiri and Ryker heading to Tattooine to sniff out some missing person sounds like fun. I wonder who they're tailing.

I prefer the YJK to the NJO, but for some reason, kinda enjoyed some of the J/J stuff.
  23. Neo-Paladin Force Ghost

star 4
    Man, all the lead up in post six and nobody dropped the, "I've got a bad feeling about this..." ;)
    Jacen and TK being all cute was fun too.

I rather enjoyed how Luke handled Tahiri in post seven. Very Jedi masterly of him. :D
  24. Sprikloas Jedi Knight

star 1

I am imagining Jaina on spice with her hydrospanner right now...Nothing is screwed together, and all the jars are opened...She's cackling, and twirling, and there are sparks coming from.. everything. Oh, my.

Great chapters. Enjoying this story greatly!

--Sprikolas

By the way, I want a stuffed Ewok. Named Herb. *makes one and gnaws it*
  25. Kazzy Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Rose! Sorry I haven't been around I was on practicum, and haven't even been able to lurk! :eek: It's good to be back. I've missed this story and despite the suspiciously small amount of J/Z (but what there was, was good to see :) ), I've loved what you have so far! Boy have I ever missed your story telling skills!

I love the way you're very neatly setting up Ryker and Tahiri, but would I be amiss in suggesting that there is going to be some tough times ahead for them? LOL. At least this time there's not going to be any kidnappings, right? Well not in grand Solo style, anyway?

What's up with Tenel Ka? What's going on at Hapes? Hmmm. May have the beginning of a few theories but I need more evidence. Can we have another J/TK scene? Bleh. Can't believe I'm asking for J/TK. I'm curious though. Cute girls, btw.

Hope to see more soon, and can I please go back on the PM alert list? :D

Fantastic work.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.