main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends For Better or Worse [J/TK, J/Z, T/OC and More!] Author Note (9/8) Sequel Up soon!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rose_Skywalker, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    hollynkesten-awesome doulbe posts... love the throwing Tahiri and Ryker together, aqnd can't wait to find out whats going to happen to the girls! Keep up the good work!

well throwing Tahiri and ryker together sounds good, i promise it doesn't work out as well. The girls get into trouble of their own, but thats later [face_devil]

Dev_Binks-SHould've used more...

:rolleyes: :p

And very good post. I can't help but feel sorry for Tahiri, everyone's against her.

Well yes, but it's for her own good. The girl needs a vacation!

Valin_Halcyon-Yes!!! I can't wait for the next post!!!

:D I'm exicted that your so exicted!

RK_Striker_JK_5-Jacen and Tenel Ka were quite cute with the kids there, but I wonder about their safety...

As you should, but they are cute

And Tahiri... I felt a bit sorry for her. I hope she's okay going to Tattooine. And ewhat is this mission of hers?

all shall be seen in due course

Genimay-I missed a post! Sorry! I relly like the J/Z and J/TK! The little kids are sooo cute. Great posts. I think Tahiri will have a VERY interesting mission.

relax, it's just a post Thanks I like the J/z and J/TK myself. Tahiri is going to be in for one heck of a ride

Jedi_Bubbles-First off, before I put in my little comments and favorite lines, I'm just going to tell you that the posts were great!.

thanks!

Wow, Jacen must've not spent a lot of time around Ben because all kids try to stay up later even when they're dead tired. I did it, my sibs do it, the kids I babysit for do. Everyone does it at some point.

Well Jacen was too busy to be with kids too much. All kids do it, heck i still do it and i'm 21.

That was an interesting visual with Jaina. And my paranoia has not been relieved. I also liked that bit with Jacen saying that no child of his was going to become like Jaina or Han. For that not to happen, Jacen would have to isolate his kids in a bubble.

yeah, but it's jacen. He's gonna try. I liked that line about Jaina, she can be crazy some times.

Sounds like Mara. Awesome, I loved it! *has a very good feeling about Tahiri and Ryker's meeting*

It is mara, but you may want to forget about that good feeling

ZebulaNebula-I like those two toddler's antics. Kinda remind me of a family friend's child, always finding trouble without looking for it.

I've got enough brothers and sister and have watched rugrats enough to know Kids get into trouble all the time. So i wanted something fun for them

Oooh, Tenel Ka's got a bad feeling, I wonder who is going to try what, but I know the odds of success against that kind of security is small, but even a failed attempt will get Jacen and Tenel Ka riled up.

Oh you shall see, you shall see

Tahiri and Ryker heading to Tattooine to sniff out some missing person sounds like fun. I wonder who they're tailing.

Well there going to get in way way over their heads, but thats for later [face_devil]

I prefer the YJK to the NJO, but for some reason, kinda enjoyed some of the J/J stuff.

I admit i like some J/J myself.

Neo-Paladin-Man, all the lead up in post six and nobody dropped the, "I've got a bad feeling about this..."
    Jacen and TK being all cute was fun too.

Trust me, there is plenty of time for the I've got a bad feeling about this. I wanted a cute Jacen and TK scene, they are going to be more of them too. I mean there married they can have some fun.

I rather enjoyed how Luke handled Tahiri in post seven. Very Jedi masterly of him.

He knew what he was getting into with her. He is the Jedi Master.

Sprikloas-I am imaginin

2. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Poking up!

Harry potter and the HalfBlood prince comes out tomorrow! [face_dancing]

3. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    Post Eight
    Jaina watched the sim for her possible new Twin Suns member. Several pilots showed promise, but flipping through their applications, she found something wrong with all of them. One boy didn?t believe in weapons, which made him a weak spot with battles. One female had great piloting skills but had a disease that caused her to go in for treatments every two weeks. Twin Suns could be out on missions for months on end. Most had no prior dogfight experience, and the ones who did had very little. She looked back at the holoscreen - they had finished with the coralskippers, and were now trying to get each other. Ryker and Malou-Ra had let the newbies work on the skips while they found good spaces to hide and wait for the real fun to begin. One Twi?lek named Kylo had done rather well with the coralskippers, but Malou-Ra was on his tail, and Jaina knew he couldn?t shake her.

She leaned back in her chair and watched it continue. Her mind drifted off onto last night with Zekk. They had watched a holomovie, and then he gave her a massage, and then she fell asleep on him. Later, she had woke up in her bed alone with a note from Zekk saying that Luke had commed, and that Tahiri would be meeting her for lunch tomorrow at noon. He also said that he would be over later inthe day to see her. Jaina smiled at the thought of seeing her friend. Tahiri had become an honorary sister to her, since Anakin died. She wished the younger Jedi didn?t work so much. She threw herself into work - mostly - Jaina thought, because she missed Anakin. Jaina had commed her endlessly over the last year to come visit her. She even invited her to go on a vacation to one of the lush remote beaches in the Hapes consortium a couple months ago, and Tahiri said she was too busy with Jedi training. Jaina was glad that at least Luke could convince her to take a few days off to send her to Mon Cal. Jaina just wondered what Luke had told her to get her to come.

The ship hatches popped open and Jaina snapped out her trance. Ryker jumped down from his X-wing with a hoot and ran over to where Jaina was sitting looking at the sim results.

?Anyone worth anything?? he asked her.

Jaina skimmed the results and a few names caught her eyes. ?We?ll discuss them in a minute - let me brief them, and then let them go and we'll go to a conference room.?

Jaina watched as the complied themselves into a crowd in front of her. ?Thank you all for coming,? she started, ?You have all done very well today. I will need to see all of you again tomorrow at 0600 hours to test your battle capabilities. You will be tested on hand to hand combat, staff to staff combat, and I will be taking you to a shooting range to test your accuracy with a blaster. Thank you for coming, and I will see you tomorrow. Dismissed.?

Ryker and Malou-Ra watched the recruits leave. Jaina walked back over to the sim computer and printed out the results from the coralskippers and then overall. ?Alright, let?s take a 5 minute break and get some caf? and meet in conference room 220E. I?ve only got about an hour before I have to leave.?

~*~
    Jaina sipped her caf? while flipping through the reports on each candidate. Only about 4 had flown the sim well enough to be a Twin Suns member in her mind.

Ryker pulled up a chair beside her, ?So what do you think??

Jaina turned towards him, ?There are a few I like, but before we get into that I need you for a mission.?

?Who do I need to kill? Aurota bugging you again?? Ryker grinned at her.

?Nah, it?s nothing personal. Wedge needs a pilot for some mission. He wouldn?t tell me exactly what it is. It seems he lost something or someone that is vital to the GFFA, and he needs it found real quickly. One of the Rogues was going to do it, but they just got that huge mission to out by the Unknown Regions, so he had to find someone else.?

?Oh, well I?m not too great at finding things. I?m better at losing them.?

Jaina chuckled, ?Nah, Wedge says he just needs someone to fly this ship he has. He said he asked Uncle Luke for a J

4. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Ah, well, your readers can wait for great lit then. ;)
    I've heard the new HP is good. I'll probably read it in a week or two.

Interesting transition scene. Fun day to day operations sort of stuff.
    Thanks.

5. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Nice chappie. Ryker's in for a surprise - a pleasant one. I kinda think Vusa is the best Twin candidate.

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Nice little piece, there. I do hope the new recruits work out.

And Ryker I also wonder who Ryker will pair with. And Jaina's little night with Zekk sounded quite nice.

Up!

7. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Bad Ryker!!! *shoots Ryker in the foot* He needs to go see Tahiri! Or at least tell Jaina the truth! Wait... why won't he see her? :oops:

8. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

There are reasons why Ryker doesn't want to see Tahiri, but you will have to wait to see why. [face_devil]

9. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    Great post, cant wait to see their reaction when they realize they dont have much of a choice

10. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Uh-oh. Why doesn't ryker want to see tahiri?

11. Sprikloas

Sprikloas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    Hmm.. nice chappie!

Why, oh why wouldn't Ryker want to see Tahiri? Wait. He really likes men, right.. And the stuff before was just a scam? That's it! I'm so brilliant.

:D I must go buy HP. Does Harry yell as much as he did in the fifth book? lol

--Sprikolas

12. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

*pokes up*

Sorry i haven't been online much, we had internet problems at my house. I'll do reviews tomorrow! :D

13. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    Neo-Paladin-Ah, well, your readers can wait for great lit then.
    I've heard the new HP is good. I'll probably read it in a week or two.

Nah, i don't like to make people wait. HBP is good, but i wasn't impressed, and i think JK rowlings is one of the better authors of my generation, i just expected more from HBP.

Interesting transition scene. Fun day to day operations sort of stuff.

I'm glad you liked :)

ZebulaNebula-Nice chappie. Ryker's in for a surprise - a pleasant one. I kinda think Vusa is the best Twin candidate.

Ryker is in for alot of surprises this story. :D. Vusa is a maybe, we don't find out who makes the squad for awhile.

RK_Striker_JK_5-Nice little piece, there. I do hope the new recruits work out.

well lets hope one does, cause they've been short one pilot for 3 years now :p

And Ryker I also wonder who Ryker will pair with. And Jaina's little night with Zekk sounded quite nice.

oh, you shall see, and laugh and like it hopefully. Jaina night with Zekk was nice, she needed a nap ;)

Dev_Binks-Bad Ryker!!! *shoots Ryker in the foot* He needs to go see Tahiri!

LOL, Ryker is currently under the impression that Tahiri doesn't want to see him, and there is some truth to that, but your going to have to wait to find out why.

Or at least tell Jaina the truth! Wait... why won't he see her?

oh he is telling Jaina the truth, and again you will just have to wait and see [face_devil]

hollynkesten-Great post, cant wait to see their reaction when they realize they dont have much of a choice

thanks! Lets just say there not pleased, and there is alot of yelling involved. ;)

Valin_Halcyon-Uh-oh. Why doesn't ryker want to see tahiri?

Oh he has good reason this time, there sort of mad at each other...[face_devil]

Sprikloas-Hmm.. nice chappie!

Why, oh why wouldn't Ryker want to see Tahiri? Wait. He really likes men, right.. And the stuff before was just a scam? That's it! I'm so brilliant.

[face_laugh] Thank you, but your way off.

I must go buy HP. Does Harry yell as much as he did in the fifth book? lol

Nah, he yells less in this book, but to be honest i liked OOTP better than HBP.

14. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    Post Nine

Jaina hugged the young blonde, as soon as she reached the restaurant. ?I?m so sorry I?m late.?

?It?s okay, Solos are never late, or early - they arrive exactly on time, which is when they show up right, Jaina, ? Tahiri teased her.

?Something like that,? Jaina slide into the booth and ordered a fizz pop from the waiter. ?I got caught up in Twin Suns stuff. We?re still looking for a replacement for Delphi.?

?Oh, how are they??

?Malou-Ra was excited to hear you were in town. If you're still here on Monday, she's demanded that you come by the hanger. Ryker . . . well, he wasn?t as excited,? And that?s putting it lightly, Jaina thought.

?If I?m still here on Monday I'll stop by. I?d love to see how everyone is doing.?

The waiter stopped back by and took their orders.

?If you don?t mind me asking, why are you in town? I mean I know it took more than a lunch date with me to get you away from the temple.? Jaina said.

?Master Skywalker has a mission for me.?

?And you had to come to Mon Cal why?? Jaina waved her spoon at Tahiri.

?Well, it?s not actually Master Skywalker?s mission. I?m needed for a mission by Wedge. I?d tell you more but I can?t. Master Skywalker said Wedge wanted a Jedi for some search and rescue mission, but that he didn?t know much about it. I?m supposed to meet Wedge tomorrow at noon.?

Jaina sat back in the booth and ran her fingers through her brown hair. Tahiri and Ryker both have to meet with Wedge tomorrow for a search and rescue mission. She grinned slightly, they have to be on the same mission, she thought. I know Ryker doesn?t know who he?s working with, and I doubt Tahiri does either. Boy, are they going to be surprised to be working together. Tahiri may have a heart attack. I better not tell her, or she might hightail it back to the Maw and make Uncle Luke pick someone else. If there was any truth to the fact that Tahiri and Ryker liked each other, maybe something will come out of it now. Either that or they will kill each other.

?So how are Jacen and Tenel Ka?? Tahiri asked her, breaking Jaina out of her thoughts.

?They're good. Astria and Aolani are a bit of a handful, but that?s what you get for having Jedi twins.?

?I can imagine.?

?Yeah, I can?t wait till the next time I get to see them. Their third birthday is coming up soon, so I have to find presents. I?m thinking toy hydrospanners for both.?

Tahiri laughed, ?Are you sure your dad isn?t getting them that??

Jaina smiled, ?Nah, he?s bought them the new kids? miniature Falcons that has removable parts and wires so that they can learn how to fix them.?

?That sounds like your father.?

?Yeah, Jacen and Tenel Ka going to have to deal with two pilot happy relatives. One of his daughters has to take after Dad and I, although I doubt Jacen will be happy about it,? Jaina winked at her.

Tahiri laughed, as there food arrived. ?No doubt the girls will be spoiled one way or another.?

~*~
    Tahiri knocked on the door of Wedge?s office, and walked in as instructed.

?Hello Tahiri,? Wedge shook the young Jedi?s hand.

?Wedge,? she smiled at him.

?Please sit down, were waiting on the other member of your team to arrive.?

Tahiri sat down in one of the plush office chairs. ?So what exactly are we trying to find??

?Well I sent a pilot to Tatooine over two weeks ago with the blueprints to a very important new piece of equipment. It?s a new ship, with all sorts of experimental weapons and even a cloaking device. The Galactic Alliance is supposed to begin manafacturing the new ship starting next month, and unveil it the month after. The pilot was supposed to hand the planes over to Lando in 4 days time. He?s set up a new manufacturing shop in Tatooine. But the man never made it. We can confirm that he did land on Tatooine, because he checked in at a hotel.? Wedge started down at his chrono. ?My pilot is late, like typical.?

Tahiri chuckled, ?I thought no member of Rogue Squadron was ever late.?

?Oh, I guess I f

15. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    That would be Ryker, leaving his brain and such uncommon places. :p And poor Tahiri, no warning... And I wonder who the pilot was, anybody importanty?

16. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Poor Tahiri indeed. She probably never saw it coming. Han giving his granddaughters toys like that is utterly typical. One of them has to have piloting genes, after all, look at who both their grandfathers are.

17. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Ah, well from what my friends in the military tell my you don't really need a brain for most briefings :p
    It looks like the dynamic between the two ought to be off to a great start right off the bat. o_O

18. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    SCORE!! I'm gone for two weeks and I come back to four posts! I need to go away more often. heheh j/k anywho great posts rose as always. Ryker and Tahiri smushed into a mission together this should be interesting to say the least. Can't wait for more!

Fireyforce

19. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Y'know, I'm tempted to sit here and go, "Tahiri and Ryker up a tree..." LOL. They are both so twitchy about each other. :D It's goign to be fun to see them on a mission together. I can't wait!

Must be tough to find people for a squadron like Jaina's. You need to be the very best or else it won't work. Still, I'm sure she'll find someone soon enough.

Poor Jacen having to deal with both his father and his sister sending his children toys like that!

Great updates, Rose!

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, ouch. Poor Ryker and Tahiri. Almost sounds like Luke's playing matchmaker.

And that little bit with the twins was quite cute, Rose.

21. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Yeah, Tahiri and Ryker are not going to be pleased for awhile, but it should be fun to watch ;)

22. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Silly Ryker. Always keep your brain with you at all times.

23. Sprikloas

Sprikloas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004

This sounds suspiciously like a line from Fellowship of the Ring. But that's just me, I suppose. Always thinking like a Ringer. Nice chappie.

Can I have a toy Hydrospanner?

24. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

:D I was wondering who would pick up on that. You will find that i like to use movie quotes in my stories. I just alter them a little and put them in. In What's a girl to do, i had lines from the Rocky Horror Picture show and A New hope. In an upcoming post i have a line from Casablanca ;)

25. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    I loved both posts!!! And I had something to read after being gone for a week!

?Oh nothing, Ryker was thinking about hitting on older women again.?

I can honestly say that line had me laughing hysterically.

Oh, and in the second post, I loved the part with Jaina saying that at least one of Jacen's daughters is going to take after her and Han. Poor Jacen.

The door swung open, and Ryker Tamblin?s body came walking through the door. His brain was left outside.

That happens too often with Ryker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.