main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~For Better or Worse~-- New Post! 7/23

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by val solo, Apr 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight_Maria

Knight_Maria Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    *sets up camp* I'm gonna sit here 'till we get a new post! :p Anyone care for a wookie cookie? :D

2. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    MEEEE!!!!!

3. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    *passes out drinks and snacks* Looks like we'll be here awhile eh. :p

4. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    Mm...wookie cookies....they go great with Yoda Soda. :D

5. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    :D *laughs* That it does! :D

6. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Sorry guys! I've been a little sidetracked.... which I guess you figured out by now.

I haven't stopped working on this story, I'm just a little stuck right now. I got a huge brainstorm on another story I'm working on, so this one has just been on the back burner for the past little bit. Please don't give up on me!

I'll tell you what I'm really struggling with is the end. Do I stick to canon and get rid of her before EP II? Or do I go totally AU and give them a happy ending? I can see the good in both choices. Any thoughts?

Well, hopefully this weekend I'll get a little time to sit down and type. Keep checking in every now and then. :)

7. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Oh, yeah.... send some of those treats my way. They just might be the inspiration I need! :)

8. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    My vote is for HAPPY ENDING!!!!!!!

9. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    *passes Val some wookie cookies and Yoda soda* NOW can we have more? :p ;)

10. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    PLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEE????!!!?!!?!?!? :)

11. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Whew! **wiping away the sweat and trying to uncurl my poor fingers**

Here we go! A nice long post for all of you faithful readers. Again, I apologize for the delay, but you can't rush an artist, right? (Yeah, whatever, right?)

Anyway, enjoy! :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning for Sari came with less joyous anticipation than the day before. There would be no stroll through the temple on Obi-Wan's arm today..... no special moments spent in the Room of a Thousand Fountains. No, today would be spent apart from him, until, of course, dinner with the galaxy's sexiest woman.

Things had been much simpler when she and Obi-Wan Kenobi had been alone together on Teemar. Now, here on Coruscant, he had so many distractions that she was beginning to fear the certainty that there was no place in his life for her.

//You knew that, Sari,// she told herself. //Why do you think he left in the first place? You shouldn't have come.//

Tired of feeling sorry for herself, Sari heaved a big sigh and drug herself out of bed.... HIS bed. //NO! I am not going to think about him today,// she determined. Then she grabbed some clean clothes and headed to the refresher.

Soon after she had finished getting ready for the day, Anakin popped in to inform her that he had a few morning classes. He suggested she stay in the temple until he was finished.

"Sure," she agreed. "I might just go down to the library or the children's wing for a while."

Anakin could tell she was in a rather somber mood and was sure he knew why. It had to be his master. The boy had been hopeful that Sari's arrival would spark a change in Obi-Wan who had been withdrawn and detached since his return from Teemar. He just wasn't himself. And now that she was here, his master seemed more on edge than ever.

Too many times Anakin had felt a failure next to Obi-Wan's unflappable devotion to the Jedi way. His friend seemed to always be in control of everything, that at times he seemed almost unreal--- more like a programmed droid following his every given command than a human with his own free will and desires.

Perhaps that was what bothered Anakin the most..... that he often felt stifled or smothered by the expectations of the council. Many times he felt so many emotions warring within him, while Obi-Wan seemed unwavering and unaffected by anything that came his way. Then Anakin would feel guilty, like he was a disappointment as a Jedi despite his title of the 'Chosen one.'

However, Obi-Wan had never once belittled his padawan for having emotions and occasionally losing control. The older Jedi only tried to guide Anakin in the ways of controlling those emotions so they did not gain the upper hand. While Obi-Wan was confident of his own abilities --- he was well on his way to being regarded as the top knight in the order aside from the council-- he never tried to compete with Anakin or put on arrogant airs. Obi-Wan Kenobi was one of the most humble, most selfless people Anakin had ever met.

Which is why Anakin now felt so responsible for his master's happiness. All these years of unquestioning devotion and then Obi had found something with someone outside of the order. Unfortunately, he was feeling torn between duty and his own heart's desires. Anakin couldn't bear to see such an injustice continue.

"Sari, can I ask you a question?"

She blinked in surprise and replied, "Sure, I .... I guess so."

"How do you feel about Obi-Wan?" He needed to know.

Sari felt her face heat up instantly. "I, uh, I care about him a, uh, a great deal, Anakin." She avoided his eyes, but he could tell from those few words and the actions that followed that she more than just 'cared' about Obi-Wan. He had noticed her hand move immediately to a delicate chain that hung around her neck and begin to gently rub the iridescent stone that was attached. Sensing her unspoken plea to be asked no more questions, Anakin smiled kindly.

"Okay, well, I'm going to get to class, now. I should be back by lunch time. See y

12. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    I missed this story so much!!! What a great post!!!! I LOVED it!!!!!!

13. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    *cheers* YAY! You da man Obi! (okay that line just poped in my mind, don't Shoot!) :p

GREAT post Val!!!
    All I can say is: About time Obi!

And HEEHEE Anakin!!! :D

MUST have more REEAALLLYYY SOON now!!! :D :D :D

14. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    Up you go! :D

I just re-read the ending of The General Defender, and MAN was that sad!!!

Come on Obi, treat your wife a little better! You're getting there, but she DID travel across the galaxy to see you (and warn you) so you better pay her back for that! :D :D :D

MORE PLEEEAAAASSSSEEE!?!?!?

15. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Exactly what kind of 'payback' did you have in mind, Knight Maria? ;)

Yeah, well, Obi is a bit slow in getting there, but when he does...... well, you know! :D

16. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    um...Am I alowed to speak of such things on the boards? ;) :p

He at LEAST owes her a night on the town! :D

So...WHERE'S OUR POST?!?!?!?! :)

17. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    PLEEAAASSSSEE don't leave us hanging as long as last time Val!!! :)

18. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    Heehee...I knew Obi wouldn't be able to keep away from her for long. ;) And Anakin is just exactly what I picture him as: "Ahem." heehee

19. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    okay, I don't care HOW annoying everyone finds it, that I keep posting here. Whatever. I just want this UP so Val will know we luv her, and want MOORRREEEE!!!! :D

20. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    Vaaaallllll... *hopeful look* pleeeeeaaaaassssseeeee??? :)

21. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks for the enouragement, and KM, you're not annoying at all! :) This is just a very busy week, so hang in there with me. I want to get this story just right..... Obi deserves it!

P.S. Have you seen the new video on the official site? Lots of Obi in there with a great new starship. Check it out!! It helps me envision him for my story better. ;)

22. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    POODOO! My quicktime will NOT work for me, so I havn't been able to watch much of ANYTHING lately. :(

Oh, and to quote Sari in one part of 'The General Defender': Obi-Wan would get his later.

And to quote Obi-Wan: "Sari, I hope you hold that thought." (in the ship)

So...did she hold that thought? And is it later, if you know what I mean? ;)

Will keep an eye out for a post! :D

23. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    LOL!! You really know your stuff, KM! Thanks for reminding me of those lines. I think you grasp my intended meaning quite well. ;)

And if you can't get that video, TFN has some pics from it of him.

I really am working, guys, it's just such a busy week. My father-in-law is getting remarried this weekend, so it's been very hectic. Please bear with me. :(

24. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    ;) We understand the hecticness of Darth RL, Val. :)

Have a good weekend!

25. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    Don't worry about it, I'll just reread all of your old posts and the original story until you can get something up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.