main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For bored folks (Re: 9/11)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by General_Cartman_Lee, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General_Cartman_Lee

General_Cartman_Lee Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    For those who are slightly bored and weren't here 4 years ago, if you go to the final page of this forum you'll see a thread which was made while the attacks were happening and people's reactions.

2. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Makes for quite a harrowing read. Really was America's second day of infamy - lets pray there isn't a third.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    [face_praying]

Twas a tragedy which should not befall any nation. Even one as ignorant as America

4. Baza

Baza Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    It was truly terrible. I remember going to my Gran's after school on that day. I turned on the radio only to discover that the attack was going on. We were watching BBC News 24 all evening.

Harrowing times.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I came home to watch TV & discovered the same thing on almost every channel

I didn't really kinow what was going on until my mum phoned and said what had happened

I feared for those in Canary Wharf for ages afterwards

6. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    The first I heard about it was at 1615, when I switched on the TV to watch Countdown.

7. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I was digging a site in lincolnshire, miles from anywhere and all we had to go on was the txt alerts one of the site managers were getting. In our imaginations we thought it was independence day. I prob missed a really important significant find because i wasnt concentrating, that day.

8. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I got home from school and turned on BBC2 to watch some programme or other. Instead, I saw two people talking. Wondering what this was about, I watched longer and discovered what had happened.
    I then turned over to SkyNews and further information came in. At this point, I still didn't know both towers had collapsed. I phoned my Nan and she told me that they'd both collapsed. It was utter shock. At first I didn't believe her and said she must be mistaken. I then saw the towers collapse on the TV.
    I watched SkyNews and CNN every night until the dust from the collapse settled.
    A truly awful day. We shall never forget those who lost their lives that tragic day.

9. General_Cartman_Lee

General_Cartman_Lee Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    I'd arrived in New York a few days before, and the hijackings happened the morning I was due to fly home. Hence, I was stuck out there a while longer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.