main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC For Derrisa Vacuum Froming Machine

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TR0773, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    Derrisa asked me about this topic but I thought I would share incase any one else is interested.

How to make your own Vanuum froming machine!

Good refferances on the internet- I don't know I found one place that refers to a book which I own.

Good refferances in town- Industrial Plastics and Paints. On Quadra, they have resource material on videos and in books not to mention all the supplies you need! A real good book (the one I own but haven't read) is "The Prop Builder's Molding & Casting Handbook" by Thurston James (Author of the Theater Props Handbook) This book has a "how to" on building your own vaccum forming machine. This is also a very popular book that they keep running out of, so get yours today!

NOW why the interest you may ask. Vacuum forming is the preferred method of making Stormtrooper armour and thus almost any other armor in the star wars universe.

Don't believe me? Go to Ebay and in the search engine type in "Star Wars Armor" and see how much Stormtrooper, and Mandalorian armor comes up! The yanks are even making clone armour now!

This book also gives good casting suggestions for props so you could make your own resin Blaster!

Hope this helps.

Randy

2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    You rock my world, Randy! I'll be looking into it!

Thanks, dude!

*Derisa*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.