main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I delve into the gaming, lit, Ep VII (yeah, I know), and Saga forums occasionally. I spend the majority of my time in LACWAC though (that would be the majority of my time on this site, not the majority of my time in my life!).

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Wait did you really join in 2011? I thought you were around a lot longer before that.

3. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I've been venturing into the Ep7 thread. Quite a bit of news lately about the new films.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've been here in some capacity since 2000, but this is my second user name. The old one had the word "girl" in it which got a little weird as I got closer to 40.

The Shadow Emperor and 07jonesj like this.
  5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I knew it. I don't see what's wrong with still calling yourself a fangirl. Girl and boy don't necessarily denote anything to do with age.

I'll be brutally honest: the only Star Wars related thing I'm interested in any more is TCW. The news doesn't fill me with any hope that they're going to be worth it.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Lightsaber Lost was pretty good. Good lesson. Liked that new Jedi.
    Grievous Intrigue was amazing. 2nd best episode of season 2 so far. Still annoyed about Grievous and Obi-Wan meeting again but beside that very good episode.

7. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Death Trap, R2 Come Home and Lethal Takedown was a good concluding arc for Season 2. Very good. Not as good as the Ryloth trilogy but pretty close. Good seeing Hondo once again. Good actions scenes throughout

8. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I found R2 Come Home to bring down the arc completely, it started great but fell on it's face with that episode. Death Trap was great.

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    "R2 Come Home" is fun, in the campy cheesy goodness sort of way. Its got an almost Home Alone like quality. It just felt out of place of have the final arc of S2 focus so little on Boba. I really enjoy watching Ahsoka and Plo work together in "Lethal Trackdown". I really like when Plo lectures Ahsoka on being subtle and she looks so perplexed and hurt as if she were disappointing him. (Perhaps the first example of Plo stepping on Anakin's toes.)

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Hostage Crisis, pretty sure I hadn't seen this one since it aired. Don't have much to say about it, it isn't really noteworthy imo.

The whole Anakin handing Padme his phallus thing was pretty creepy and just....asinine.

The bounty hunters were suitably brutal.

I found Ziro's flamboyance to be by far the most amusing part of the episode.

The plot and the action was mediocre, imo.

The Senate's security was a complete joke, and I'm not really talking about individual competency, I'm talking about the set up.

The ending was particularly lacking. Cad detonates the explosives.....and they just fly off on an airspeeder, the end. What? How did they get away? How did they get off planet? Wouldn't they have every security guard, cop, clone, etc on their tails? The spaceports would be locked down immediately and the Coruscant home fleet would set up a blockade. Whatever, I guess I'll just assume they escaped, instead of TCW showing me what probably would have been way more exciting than what went down in the Senate building.

6/10, and I think that's being kind.

11. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, I didn't see the fuss with that episode either, to be honest.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I did laugh at the "It's heavier than I expected." But that whole scene was stupid. Anakin needed to be slapped. "More important than how you feel about me?" Oh for ****'s sake. It's called her job, Anakin. I get that you want to get laid really badly but you do understand that the galaxy doesn't revolve around you? Oh, wait...you don't.

I did feel bad for him when he reached up to touch Padme's cheek and she brushed him off since people were looking though.

It just seems that the whole lightsaber thing was set up because someone on the team wanted to have some lame fun with innuendos and so that Anakin would be weapon less and get the **** knocked out of him. It was a bit ridiculous.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Blue Shadow Virus:

This had the potential to be a very good episode, with a Separatist plot involving a biological weapon designed to destroy Republic planets, similar to what we got in Karen Miller's Clone Wars Gambit: Siege. Unfortunately that isn't what we got, although with the inclusion of the battle droids in the lab, the writers might have been aiming for it. It didn't register with me at all.

Vindi seemed to be just after himself, and his reason for wanting to revive the Blue Shadow Virus was...nonexistent. Did he have any relationship whatsoever with Count Dooku, or was he just bored because all his favorite TV shows ended for the season so he started playing with eradicated viruses? Who knows. He just cackled about having revived this deadly disease, and I couldn't care all that much because I had only seen a bunch of shaaks turn blue and fall over. Also, how was it eradicated? Vaccines? Quarantine? I needed to know that before I could feel afraid for the characters regarding its revival. Was his new version of the virus immune to the vaccine? Again, we don't know.

Ahsoka was at her best here I thought, setting off the distraction bomb and getting into the facility. I also liked Anakin in this episode, although, really, dude, you're not very good at keeping your marriage a secret. I'm pretty sure the entire galaxy knows that you and Padme are knocking boots. Did Ahsoka ever ask why you were on a first-name basis with Captain Typho and Obi-Wan was not? Or why you were just generally acting like someone lit a fire under your ass this entire episode?

I liked the conversation between Obi-Wan and Anakin. "Yes, I'm a little on edge, why aren't you???" "I'm better at hiding it." Yeah, that about sums it up. I liked the scene with Anakin and Padme too--"Please rescue me before killing the battle droids." LOL

Attacking people with lightning is a bit overused and really? Droids doing it now? Jar-Jar antics were more annoying than usual in this episode, and that's saying something, although I'm not surprised that his clumsiness leads to the bug that leads to the woods that leads to the lab and...yeah, sounds like a children's book. It's also, as Vader would say, all too easy.

So the bombs got shut down. I wish I had felt more suspense during the chase but Vindi was getting on my nerves.

2/10

14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Sphere of Influence was pretty good. Nice seeing the Pantorans again. Could have done with Greedo.
    Arc Troopers has to be my 3rd or 4th favorite episode of the whole series so far. Wish the battle could have gone on longer. 99 has to be favorite character ever. So inspirational.
    The Mandalore Plot, Voyage of Temptation and Duchess of Mandalore was a great arc. Great action, good banter etc. Satine is an interesting character. Great first look at the Mandalorians and Death Watch.
    Corruption was pretty good. Nice Padme and Satine interaction.
    On to The Academy.

Dark Lord Tarkas and cwustudent like this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Mystery of a Thousand Moons:

Oh for ****'s sake.

DOOMED. You're DOOMED.

Well aren't you special, Dr. Vindi. Now STFU.

So the rabbit droids took the vials of Super Blue Bug out of the bombs before the bombs were deactivated. OK, that was clever I suppose.

Padme and Ahsoka are trapped with the virus and the only antidote is on the moon referenced in Anakin's first conversation with her in TPM. Seriously, was that necessary? I did like that Jaybo obviously reminded Anakin of himself at that age.

But the rest of the scene on Iego made me want to beat my head against a wall. Drol! Drol is going to GET YOU! Oh, no, it's the GHOST of Drol who...dum dum da dum...never lets anyone leave the planet. Was there literally no one on Iego who wasn't living in the Dark Ages as a superstitious idiot? No one who might have investigated what this "ghost" was that was killing people? Or were the citizens of Iego like the royalty in Middle Ages Europe, the types who would behead Galileo for daring to **** with their little fantasy about the sun revolving around the Earth?

At that point I figured Obi-Wan and Anakin would find a way to detonate the Ghost of Drol Separatist energy field but I didn't care anymore.

One thing I did notice was Anakin behaving a lot like Han in the Iego scenes, a lot of smartassery and "look, kid." I liked it.

2/10, and that's generous.

16. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    [face_plain]
    [face_frustrated]
    :mad:
    [face_skull]

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Yes?

18. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I hate your opinions, that's all. Not really a big deal.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  19. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    You hate ARC Troopers and Season 2's Mandalore trilogy?

I can understand Sphere of Influence (it's okay for me. Not great, but not bad), and Corruption (ugh, the word still hurts me physically).

Force Smuggler likes this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I know that the episodes aren't Class A material but Arc Troopers was amazing fun. The rest were not as good. I'm trying to go into this series with an open mind. Trying to ignore all the Dooku/Anakin, Grievous/Obi-Wan battles, Greedo being older than he should be, the change of Mandalore etc. I do rate episodes higher than they should be but I rank them by how much fun I have and I am having a lot of fun watching these episodes.

07jonesj likes this.
  21. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    It's cool, you really don't owe me an explanation or anything.

22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I do the same thing sometimes where I rate for how much fun I had. That's cool. "Mercy Mission" for example. I'm not the biggest fan of "Sphere of Influence" although it was cool to see Riyo Chuchi again.

23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I liked Sphere of Influence because we got to see Jabba again, we had a search and rescue mission and we saw the Trade Federation Senator Lott Dodd taken down a notch etc.

07jonesj likes this.
  24. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, I kinda hate ARC Troopers. The action is generic and boring, it's more Obi-Wan vs Grievous, Ventress vs Anakin and yet another Battle of Kamino. More critically, I absolutely loathe 99, probably more than any other character in the history of the show. He's intolerable, I cannot stand him. The only redeeming moment of the episode, Ventress' kiss, was removed.

I haven't seen the S2 Mando trilogy since it aired, so maybe I should re-watch sometime soon, but those episodes put me to sleep.

I did not find any of the episodes mentioned fun and the continuity issues had absolutely nothing to do with it.

It's not a big deal, though. We all like what we like.

25. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Another arc I haven't seen since it aired, another arc I wasn't fond of.

Holocron Heist

Early action is faster, more intense. I like Rex's Aliens "we are leaving" reference, but DBB didn't really pull it off.

Let's see what ridiculous feat of Mary Sue we can think of for this episode. Ahsoka deflects a blaster bolt behind her back while doing a back handspring. I had to double check, this was so absurd. My hatred for Ahsoka has been renewed, **** her, I hope she burns to death.

The inverted grip still looks terribly awkward. I ******** hate Ahsoka and every other character that uses this retarded technique.

There was a great shot of battle droids surrounding and destroying Republic tanks as our heroes (except Ahsoka, because **** her) leave on gunships.

Cato Parasitti has a wicked cool helmet, but for some reason didn't bother hiding Jocasta's body.

More absurd choreography for the worst character ever, Ahsoka Tano, including rolling over Parasitti's back.

I didn't find Todo amusing. I didn't find the break-in entertaining. This episode was boring and thanks to Ahsoka as bad as I remembered. 2/10

Cargo of Doom

The B1 leading the interrogation of Bolla Ropal actually sounded smart. I was kinda taken aback, it didn't sound like a complete dumbass.

Bolla Ropal electrocuted to death was pretty brutal. I really enjoyed the flat tone of the B1 who called it.

Anakin and Ahsoka wearing nothing but standard attire (I'm aware Ahsoka ditched the tube top) and a space helmet while in space was kinda amusing. It was definitely like the old space operas. I'm sure TCW said their bodysuits were vacuum tight.

The zero-g battle was much cooler than I remember, but I couldn't help but wonder why no one shot Bane, as he was standing out in the open the entire time.

Anakin forgets to use the Force to grab the holocron. R2 has a rare moment of tripping up the heroes when he turns on the gravity at an inopportune moment.

Gunray's hat was awesome.

Bane not being immediately recognized while in disguise broke my suspension of disbelief, but I let it go.

Anakin spews "It wasn't your fault Ahsoka, it was mine, from start to finish". WTF. This habit of spit shining Ahsoka's *** at the end of episodes is really ******* annoying.

The episode is still much better than I remember, but still managed to reawaken my hatred of Ahsoka. I was able to tolerate Bane's ridiculous success much better than before, mostly out of appreciation for a villain that doesn't suck fail. 8/10

Children of the Force

The Force vision quest was kinda cool.

Bane apparently has better than Jedi reflexes.

Roo-Roo Page. She's so hot right now.
    [​IMG]
    Roo-Roo Page.

I enjoyed the Jedi Mind Rape.

I like how Palpatine rudely separates Anakin from Ahsoka. It's a tiny act, but an act to separate them nonetheless.

Cad Bane's bad guy hideout, complete with LASERS, was pretty cool. Would have been nice to stay there a little longer, force the Jedi to chase him deeper through it.

Bane's escapes got real tiresome.

Boring episode. 1/10

Other than Cargo of Doom, this arc was as bad as I remembered. I guess my memory of these episodes isn't that bad.

Just wondering, generally speaking, hasn't Bane made enough credits over the course of this show to retire?