main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    With Voyage of Temptation you weren't even the tinest bit [face_phbbbbt] when Anakin show's up out of nowhere and kills that guy with the Imp march playing, because to kill him you would have to be a killer, and the writers thought ok lets have Darth Vader do it

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Forum is dead, I'm bored out of my mind, so I'm rewatching Citadel arc. Been ages since I watched this.

The Citadel

- Ah yes, Even Piell. Hehehe. Now I remember this arc.

- Ooooh, scary Citadel prison. "No-one has ever escaped." Lame. Almost as lame as Anakin's "first time for everything" line.

- Ah yes, the Nexus Route. A Macguffin that really should have been developed more. How does a hyperspace route stay secret anyway? If this data is so crucial to the war effort, is Anakin really appropriate to send along? I can kind of buy Obi Wan, being on the Council and all. But emotionally unstable Anakin? SO MANY QUESTIONS. I hope secrets will be revealed.

- And here comes Ahsoka. I'm so gutted for you honey. No-one likes not coming. I love this bit. We're supposed to feel bad for Ahsoka because she's grounded. The show tells us that Ahsoka's the party to side with. Yeah, no. Anakin's right, it's way too high risk to bring along even more emotionally unstable and irrational Jedi.

- Wow, that was a pointless scene with C-3PO. Dat droid humour. Why is he in a Jedi Temple hangar? He's supposed to be Padme's butler droid.

- No Ahsoka, he's not being overly protective, he's just not being an idiot. You're not going, so stop whining. I expect a lot better from Master Plo Koon, he should be way more responsible than this. "It's not for him to decide when and how I put my life at risk"? He's your damn Master, he knows better than you. Holy crap she is annoying.

- Oh hey cool, carbon freezing. They even use the same camera angles as in TESB. And Fives makes a joke about being a wall decoration. Good for him.

- First shot of Lola Sayu. Looks like half the crust is missing and the magma is pouring out into space. Is it even possible for this planet to still be a planet?

- Warden Christopher Walken has arrived on the set! Wow. I know that was exactly what they were going for but wow.

- So an unregistered shuttle pops up out of nowhere and because they don't detect any life forms they decide to buy this "supplies and frozen rations" story and grant them passage to the planet surface? Would they not have these kinds of deliveries on logs? Would they not realise that hey, this shuttle has the same designation of that one that went missing a while ago, isn't it odd that it's reappeared now and is trying to land on a maximum security prison complex? Just because it's a Separatist shuttle doesn't mean it's fair game.

- I don't see what's so special about your Jedi-breaking methods Osi Sobeck.

- "Hey Snips." "Hey Master." Wait a minute... Nice. Shouldn't they still be recovering from being carbon frozen though? Han was debilitated for a long time after thawing out.

- "If there's one thing I learned from you Master, it's that following direct orders isn't always the best way to solve a problem." Holy hell I am going to explode. I hate Ahsoka.

- Thanks for the support, Obi Wan. Jerk. Stop selling this idea that Ahsoka's right! She's not right! She's an idiot.

- And five minutes later they're back to their usual annoying early seasons banter. I do not miss that.

- How does that SBD not see, if nothing else, Obi Wan's leg jutting out like that?

- Ahsoka saves the day! Rejoice! Where would we be without the magic of Ahsoka? I'm halfway through episode 1 and I'm already regretting this. Her continuous snarky lines are aggravating as ****.

- Redshirt clone death in 3...2...1...

- Whoops, seems like with his dying breath, he ****ed up your entire mission.

- Holy crap, Commando Droids! These guys mean serious business. What a pity Commando Droids aren't intimidating at all any more.

- Yeah again, what is so special about these torture methods? Seem pretty standard to me.

- Oh boy, Commando Droid showdown! Now, these guys have terrible aim. Notice how the majority of the shots are going straight over everybody's heads. They did have one jump on Ahsoka though. Pity it didn't accomplish a whole lot more than knocking her over.

- I like that the magnet pulls up Anakin because of his robot arm. But wait, those droids had guns? Then why didn't they use them until after Anakin broke the ceiling magnet? The whole party was defenseless.

- Cool, Tarkin. Possibly the only good thing about this arc. See, his appearance at least makes sense. And I love his philosophy. We need more pragmatists in this show after the idealists overload of Mauldalore.

- Sobeck just executed a droid. That means he's evil. You know, just in case you hadn't already worked that one out. Isn't that a waste of a perfectly functional droid? Ah whatever, the guy is steamed, he's not thinking straight.

- Planting the seeds of the mutual respect between Anakin and Tarkin. Nice.

Man, this sucked. I'm going to give it a while before I watch Counterattack.

3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I think the reason given for the carbonite is that Han was frozen for a significant period of time, whereas here they were only under for, what, a couple of hours?

Mia Mesharad and Force Smuggler like this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Nope. I saw it coming so no I wasn't that bothered by that.

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    That's what I took away from it. It just seems weird to have them be in full fighting shape after being frozen. Because you know, logically speaking, the act of freezing would surely kill you.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Also, why would Vader need to test the freezing chamber on Han if he already knew of its effects?

I look forward to getting into Season 2 again.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  7. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, they can't take their clothes off. For the obvious reason that this is not an adult show, and also because they can't take their clothes off. There's nothing underneath them. :p

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    The entire episode might have been redeemed if we got a shot of naked Ahsoka climbing out of her carbonite block. But alas.

9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, we know they modeled Ahsoka's entire body. There's a little hole in her clothes. :p

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Anakin stripped to his underwear in The Approaching Storm. That is all.

11. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, I remember that. Enjoyed that novel.

Uh... not for that reason. Other... reasons. :p

12. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    You enjoyed The Approaching Storm? o_O
    DOES NOT COMPUTE.

CT-867-5309, MistrX and 07jonesj like this.
  13. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    U mad bro?

Luminara and Barriss, man. Love 'em.

14. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    I couldn't finish that book, tried twice. Failed twice.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked it only for that reason, and the little bit of Anakin/Obi-Wan friendship.

Otherwise it was a long-ass ride through the desert.

MistrX likes this.
  16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    What is Approaching Storm? Never heard of it.

17. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    EU novel that came out just before AOTC, taking place just before AOTC.

18. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Definitely the worst lead-in novel of the PT, especially compared to Cloak of Deception and Labyrinth of Evil.

19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, yeah. LoE especially is on a whole 'nother level. It just wasn't one of the EU novels I hated. And it was a massive improvement over Foster's last SW novel, "Splinter of the Mind's Eye". :p

20. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    I remember watching the microseries and reading LoE before RotS came out and I was so excited. LoE is still my favourite Luceno novel.

21. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    And so did Barriss, yet Anakin didn't seem to notice.

Oh yeah, this was before AOTC, so he hadn't seen Padme in 10 years.

Nothing tops Anakin singing in a talent show, though. Nothing.

22. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Wait, that really happened in the book? (I haven't read it.)

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yep, Anakin sang, Obi-Wan told a story, and Barriss did some light show of sorts with her saber.

And I didn't notice Barriss taking her clothes off either.

24. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    [​IMG]
    There's no making this stuff up.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  25. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

..I think I'll skip that book. [face_plain]