main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Probably the best part of the whole arc. I think I actually cheered at the screen.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Naturally I loved when Rex killed the Zygerrian slaver and said that. Some awesome foreshadowing there as well.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Another point I forgot, as soon as Anakin rescued Ahsoka from that cage, she destructively TK'd her own shock collar off. I always assumed Anakin did it the first time, but on rewatch it turns out she did it herself. It begs the question of why she didn't do it before.

VanishingReality likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Ugh, I'm glad I didn't know that before.

5. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I think it was according to plan for her to sit there and bide her time while playing her appointed role as a slave until Anakin showed up and told her that the act was finally over, which he kinda did when he came and got her out of the cage, which was when she dropped the act and took the collar off.

6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Speaking of old episodes, it appears Starwars.com has removed the "Syndication" section of the Clone Wars page, and is no longer streaming any of the old episodes. These had been streaming on a weekly basis that matched the Syndicated run. Its possible syndication and website streaming is over now?

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I can't imagine Disney ending website streaming, although they might move it to Hulu or Netflix as opposed to the OS.

Syndication, I don't know.

I'll probably watch the rest of season 4 or at least a good bit of it this weekend.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I have a bad feeling about this one.

A Friend in Need:

Ah, Mandalore again.

And here comes Lux, who is so sad over the loss of his mother that he can't resist checking out Ahsoka's bod in the middle of explaining how Dooku murdered Mina.

The Separatists have Lux arrested, for bad-mouthing Dooku I guess. And Ahsoka finds his cell--how? Who knows--and kills two magnaguards in as many seconds. Well isn't that special. Where was she assigned to be? Guarding Padme? What are the consequences for her being off duty? Oh, right...none.

"Master, the peace negotiations collapsed, but I saved my boyfriend, can you help?" "Sure."

Oh, dude, a stun blaster because she wouldn't give him his way? What's the GFFA equivalent of "in the doghouse"?

BO-KATAN! HELL YEAH!

Um, Lux? Not sure the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing is going to work in your favor.

Bo-Katan pushing Ahsoka down just earned this episode a point.

Damn, that village...that's some serious display of Death Watch brutality there.

Lux, after watching 18 minutes of this episode, I can only determine that you are as clumsy as you are stupid. You're lucky your girlfriend has Mad Skillz and can decapitate multiple Mandalorians at once.

The scene with the escape pod would have been sad if it has actually made sense.

2/10

(And I found out that my son doesn't like Bo-Katan. :_|)

WatTamborWoo likes this.
  9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I watch A Friend In Need for the fight scene at the end because it's got the epic music.

Circular_Logic likes this.
  10. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I liked the subtle shift in Ahsoka's attitude after the Mandalorians pulled their little My-Lai stunt in front of her. From then on for the rest of the episode she just started straight up killing people. Rooftop mando? Speared to death. Four guard mandos? Off with their heads! Chase mando? Blown up. Kill kill kill.

It might have been unintentional on the writers part but it did feed into the latent dark/vengeful tendencies that have surfaced in her a few times, and reminds me of the Force-vision warning from Mortis. It's one of the reasons why I don't think she is beyond falling to the dark side post-TWJ, as some seem to think.

I loved the wrist blasters used during the escape chase. They varied in pitch almost musically as they fired. Like Dixie Horn Blasters or something.

Did I mention that I despised Lux in this, if for no other reason than the fact that when he dons that wooly hat, he looks like Justin Bieber. DO NOT WANT.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I've always thought he looked like Bieber, and always thought that was intentional.

And again, any consequences for Ahsoka for breaking rules right and left here, even a verbal reprimand? Nope. She's Snips, she can do whatever the hell she wants.

I think she could be capable of turning but not as long as Filoni has any say.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  12. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Indeed, as up-and-down as this episode was (so many things to like, yet so many also to dislike), I was pleasantly surprised by the level and amount of violence that they got away with showing. Pre Vizsla viciously stabbing Tryla in the back and then subsequently ordering his men to set fire to the village? Then Ahsoka going off after her Berserk Button was apparently pressed, finally culminating in the quadruple decapitation scene where you see the Death Watch soldiers' heads slide off their torsos for the briefest of milliseconds? Yes, it seemed that this episode was certainly one of the closest times Ahsoka had to skirting the dark tendencies of her Master, but to be fair, she was somewhat justified in her actions, as she was clearly (and futilely) trying to stop the Death Watch from continuing their rampage, despite the fact that she was horribly outnumbered.

And I agree about the Bieber reference. Reminds me of a rap battle dub between Vizsla and Lux, where the latter takes the role of Justin Bieber.

WatTamborWoo likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Deception:

"All warfare is based on deception." Not an excuse.

I do like the Ahsoka/Anakin comraderie here, including her concern for him at Obi-Wan's funeral.

I wanted to beat the **** out of Obi-Wan and Mace here. At least Yoda has some sense. It's no wonder Anakin has issues with the Council.

"I wanna check his midichlorian count." Dumbest pick up line ever.

Anakin goes bats on Hardeen and Ahsoka stands by him looking just as pissed. I like.

Jail scene sorta reminds me of Shawshank Redemption. But WTF is Shark Boy doing there?

So the plot is revealed right away, sorta. How convenient.

And of course young Boba appears... *headdesk*

Cad Bane's mad strategizing. That's why I like him.

Can't say it makes much sense that Obi-Wan would enjoy playing the villain that much though, or be so good at it.

7/10

WatTamborWoo and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Friends and Enemies:

Nal Hutta is as nasty a place as I expected.

LMAO "Pablo's Pawn Shop."

Bane's hat. "I think you look like one of the Village People." Oh wait, wrong franchise.

Oh hell, Bane vs Obi-Wan Hardeen. This is actually decent suspense.

Palpatine, you manipulative little ****.

Anakin toying with those Gamorreans using the Force was hilarious. So was his choking the bartender while Ahsoka looks on with a WTF? expression on her face.

I definitely like the Anakin/Ahsoka teamwork here though.

"It's Cad Bane." "Are you sure?' "Who else wears a hat like that?" LOL, that's the Ahsoka I liked in the first two seasons.

Ah, that fight...and Anakin realizing that Obi-Wan was still alive.

Good one.

9/10

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Ah yes, the Deception arc. Definitely a great bunch of episodes and yes, provides some great setup for Anakin's beef with the Council.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The Box:

I like that it takes place on Sorreno.

I like Yoda's conversation with Anakin as well as his essential apology.

The contest premise is a little silly and pointless though.

My son: "Oh it is a box. DUH."

How exactly is a bounty hunter contest in a box supposed to collapse the Republic?

So they made it through the first challenge and the Wizard of Oz Moralo Eval congratulates them.

Second challenge:

My son: "Oh, they didn't all survive this one. One of them got killed. By Bane. Because he wanted his stupid hat."

Hear that, Disney? Kids can handle death in their cartoons.

Ah, target practice. Bounty hunter training in the southeastern US. Oh, wait...

The big kiddo is still keeping track of deaths... "That's 8 people." Meanwhile Dooku is now the man behind the curtain.

And Bane gets to lead the kidnap on Naboo.

This is a kid-friendly episode I think, given that I was bored and my kid loved it.

3/10 from me.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Crisis on Naboo:

Hologram disguises are pretty cool. And provide for some good suspense later.

Something about Hardeen you don't trust? You don't say, Dooku...

New character model for Padme is awesome.

Ah, Palpatine....shut up.

And the attacks happens...and Anakin gets electrocuted in the ensuing firefight. Story of his life.

Biggest problem with kidnapping Palpatine? Sort of takes away from Labyrinth of Evil and early ROTS.

Ah, that look that Padme gave Anakin... [face_love]

Anakin going off on Obi-Wan was priceless, and well deserved.

Ah, the banquet story...direct ESB rip-off. And Anakin both duels Dooku and gets electrocuted for the 432765th time. That's what's wrong with his brain in ROTS. Too much electrocution.

"As long as I live, no harm will come to you, Chancellor." LMAO

Palpatine asking where the galaxy would be without the Jedi. Shut up, dude.

8/10

18. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    That's actually a Sun Tzu quote from The Art of War.

The look on her face when she thinks Obi-Wan is dead is incredible. When Anakin runs up and she's bending over Obi-Wan and she looks up at him... wow. For an animated face, it says everything you need to know at that moment, all while the character herself has been rendered speechless by the trauma of the event.

I noticed the Jedi precog is pretty blatant when Rako fires his first shot, and Obi-Wan ducks it even as it leaves the barrel, from behind him.

Anakin was one scary looking MFer at the funeral. The "silent, brooding, rage filled determinator" side of him really shone there. Also, Satine crying over Obi. I bet she was mad when she found out the truth, but that's one of those "what happened to the mouse" things that's never addressed.

I was more taken with the snake bartender. One of the more original aliens they've had. A sentient talking snake. Exactly what it says on the tin. A snake. No arms, no legs, nothing remotely humanoid. Using its tail to grip and manipulate things.

I saw this as something of the darkening of Ahsoka... in earlier eps she was a bit shocked by him threatening people, but she doesn't seem phased here... the moment that really stood out in that regard to me, was when Anakin marched into that bar, Force-trashed the joint, and then Force-choked the barman, while Ahsoka stood at his side and didn't even bat an eyelid.

Is it the same guy from the Mon Cal arc? I assumed it was just another member of the same species.

For the kids.

It makes me wonder why an 11 year old boy was in an adult jail.

I hope he's back in Rebels. He is probably the coolest bounty hunter ever seen in SW, including either of the Fetts. My personal fav moment: When he took Quinlan Vos's lightsaber and stood facing Obi-Wan and let a piratical laugh out of him, looking and sounding like Captain Barbossa.

All part of the Big Fat Enigma that is Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Everything that a Jedi doesn't do, he's sure to do at some point.

We've seen him:

• Gun down General Grievous
    • Wield a red saber vs Maul
    • Don a full suit of Mandalorian armor and fly the jetpack. Obi the Mando was like an uber nerdgasm moment.
    • Other things at the back of my mind that won't come to me right now, but I know are there.
    That's just the guy he is.

pronker and Circular_Logic like this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Finishing season 4 with my first time watching these next episodes.

Massacre:

Confusing opening. What the hell did Savage do exactly?

I liked Mother Talzin's speech to Ventress about how she doesn't have nothing, she still has breath.

I'm ready to hate Dooku right now. Yeah, dude, the Nightsisters pwned you in last season's arc, and you want revenge for what exactly? Their refusal to lose? My first thought on his sending Grievous was that this should be hilarious.

I liked Ventress' baptism.

Oh dammit no, not Kariss. I just teared up.

Ah, Asajj, you go girl. No time for grief, go straight into that droid army swinging your sabers and kicking ass.

Resurrection. Oh hell. This is creepy, in a good way.

And LMAO, those battle droids have never faced zombies before.

DAMN--a Dooku voodoo doll?

Asajj and zombie army kicking ass all the way to Grievous. AWESOME.

Grievous...STFU. That is all.

Poor injured Asajj and another dead sister. :_|

Oh that just sucks; Grievous killing the elder and dismantling the entire zombie army.

And the ending...oh **** you, TCW, I can barely see my iPad screen.

:_|

9/10

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Bounty:

Is she on Tatooine? I'm still pissed off at Mother Talzin. Abandoning Ventress like that after she tried to take responsibility for the attack on Dathomir.

ROTFLMAO at the bar scene. "I'm not much of a talker."

"I don't have a name." "I don't take orders very well." I am so in love with her right now.

"You don't trust us?" No, you little ****, she doesn't.

Getting a bit of a Firefly vibe from the next scene, which is awesome.

And Asajj kicks ninja ass. More awesome. I laughed out loud when she took out four of their knives at once.

Choking scene. Well played, badass purple chick.

The scene with the girl and her ninja brother and Ventress was...heart-wrenching. And yes, she choked that little punk Boba and put him in a box. [face_laugh]

"I'm not part of any team." Oh, if I were into women and she weren't a cartoon...

10/10 Hell, 11/10. This very well may be the best episode TCW ever did.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Brothers:

Red label now? OK.

Ah, Dooku...worried about Savage are you? "Something is rising..." From the dead on Naboo maybe?

And Savage is playing with dust.

Anakin and Ahsoka happened to run into an altercation because Anakin wanted a cheeseburger and a beer? Lots of "Mmmkay" moments to start this episode.

Geez, everybody is sensing Maul, including Anakin and Ventress.

And damn, I've seen some ****holes in Star Wars, but I think this planet is the worst.

Savage loses dust and finds a talking snake.

Fire breathers? Cross between an AT-AT and a dragon?

That's some serious acid rain and damn, that snake is annoying.

Ah, the famous "Is that you brother brother brother brother?" line.

Damn, Maul. Just...DAMN. No words.

But yeah, Savage, take care of that snake.

"I must have revenge." How about a horn-trim first.

And now Yoda senses Maul. OK.

A little too much connection and Force-sensing in this episode, and I actually believe in unexplained connections between people.

Not bad, but not great.

6/10

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Revenge:

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Ugh, always hated that saying.

I do feel sorry for Maul here. Although "find Kenobi" repeatedly is annoying. And I'll be so glad when he no longer bears any resemblance to a ****ing spider.

Damn, Dathomir looks like the elephant graveyard.

And WTF? Maul's rebirth almost looks like Vader's. But yes, non-arachnid metal legs. My son: "I thought Mother Talzin would give him real legs since she knows magic."

"Of course I survived." Great line.

What exactly is Savage's motive here? A partner in crime or something else?

Oh. Hell. Maul slaughtering kids just to get Jedi attention?

And the Council doesn't think Obi-Wan can handle it? The Filoni Kenobi wussification continues.

Ah, Asajj, always good to see you my dear. I'm sure you can handle this.

And Maul says ten times more to Obi-Wan in 30 seconds than he said in all of TPM.

Obi-Wan gets pwned in the next 10 seconds. Typical, TCW, typical. :rolleyes:

ASAJJ!!! Her sarcastic smartassery at its finest, and it saves Obi-Wan. Love ya girl. I want to come back as you in my next life.

Maul..."I gutted Master Qui-Gon Jinn as you watched helplessly. How did that make you feel?" Somebody read Plagueis.

And they're away.

8/10. Two points off for wussifying Obi-Wan.

I'm done for awhile; I'll probably go back through the Onderon arc at some point but I don't know if I'll download it this summer or wait for the DVDs. Hopefully some others will bump this if they go back through old episodes.

23. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    I always thought Plo Koon didn't seem to know how to handle Anakin or Ahsoka, and step in because he doesn't want to look like the 'bad guy' like Obi-wan often does to Anakin. The same thing happened later on in the final arc, when Anakin and Plo Koon were searching for Ahsoka, Plo Koon remained quiet but obviously had concerns about the situation.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "Looking like the bad guy" is sometimes part of being a responsible adult and a Jedi Master, and if he's too afraid to do that in front of a disobedient 15-year-old, does he really need to be on the Council?

Ahsoka needed to be grounded for a month for her behavior in the Citadel, but nope, no consequences whatsoever.

25. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    The Jedi don't seem to be able to blame themselves for anything. Eventually they blame Ahsoka when she would absolutley appear guilty in their eyes (ie: for the temple bombing). Even though on this occassion it is unjust she cannot deal with the fact that the Council are disciplining her. Even when they admit their mistakes to her it's like "No way man, I'm off, that's one telling off too far".