main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The gunships all getting shot down is mostly BHD with a bit of SPR thrown in.

The chaos of troops pinned down, troops getting cut to pieces by entrenched Geonosian machine gun nests, mortars et al is pure SPR. Though the general battle chaos also exists to an extent in BHD. Certainly the theme of the pre-laid plans falling apart in the teeth of a tenacious and well prepared enemy is common to both.

The part where Anakin, Rex, Ahsoka and a handful of other clones are in a trench right after hitting the turf and confer on what to do and Anakin's like "we have to take out the guns" and they go over the top is clearly derived from the part in SPR where they break through from the beach. "Reiben, Mellish, let's get into the war!"

Waxer and Boil's rescue mission is straight from BHD, albeit with a happier ending.

The final charge, that big running-battle one-shot where they go through the shield and charge the shield generator, is inspired by a similar scene in TLD.

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    So Geonosis is a five-part? I thought it was four, even including the Brain Invaders episode. :confused:

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Technically it's actually nine, if you go with the logical conclusion that Barriss was being controlled by the Brain Worms in the Fugitive arc. [face_whistling]

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  4. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    True, and I still wish that was true. :p

But what are the five? I know Landing at Point Rain, Weapons Factory, Legacy of Terror, and Brain Invaders.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I forget how, but Senate Spy sets up the conflict on Geonosis. All I remember from that ep is Anakin hilariously acting as the jealous husband.

6. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, I remember it now. As I recall, didn't Poggle briefly appear? And maybe someone mentioned Geonosis? Maybe. I'll have to rewatch it.

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    To me it's five episodes, but that's just because I like Senate Spy. I hate Bombad Jedi so the S1 Nute Gunray arc is only two episodes to me!

Revanfan1 and cwustudent like this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Poggle showed up in the conversation with Senator Womp Rat on Cato Neimoidia. I don't remember whether they mentioned Geonosis or not. I didn't make an association with the conflict in the Geonosis arc being set up, but that's not to say it didn't happen.

I actually liked the Anakin/Padme aspects of Senate Spy, particularly at the very beginning and very end. I could have lived without the several-blossom-bread conversation but I've seen worse as far as that goes.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The plans for the droid foundry in Weapons Factory is what Padme steals from Clovis in Senate Spy.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Holy ****.

I never made that connection.

11. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    It seems like a lot of people tend to forget that Senate Spy is a part of the Geonosis arc (I guess it's because it's not a very popular episode at all).

12. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Hey, I loved that episode. Lott Dod is one of my favorite characters.

"If Senator Amidala is ill, she should not be moved."

What a sly and devious being.

13. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I hate Lott Dod. :mad:

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

No, you love him and he is ur best friend in the whole entire SW Galaxy :p

15. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Oh yeah? Well Lott Dod is my waifu.

16. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Good. Use your agressive feelings.

Let the hate flow through you [face_devil]

17. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    Just watching Darkness On Umbara for the first time...wow...the barbarism of this show is pretty shocking at times.
    5 minutes in, some sort of tentacled ground beast swallows a clone trooper whole. It has pointy teeth, but doesn't bite down. The clone is wearing combat armour, so even though he's in the creature's digestive tract, he'll probably be alright for a few minutes.

Fives throws a thermal detonator in, killing the beast and his trapped comrade. Hardcase congratulates him: 'Nice work, Fives.'

Seriously, are we meant to feel empathy for these characters? Are we meant to consider them the good guys? I just don't see it.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It's war. There's nothing civilized about it. One thing I liked about the Umbara arc is that it never pretended that war was anything other than barbaric and ugly.

Fives' other option was to let the beast swallow another clone.

19. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    You're right, the Umbara arc did do a good job of portraying the brutality of war, but for Hardcase to congratulate Fives on blowing up his buddy without a hint of irony strains credibility and makes the characters highly unsympathetic.

20. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Grevious Intrigue
    Eeth Koth captured. A trap is set. Obi-Wan, Anakin and Adi attempt to rescue him. Obi-Wan acts as bait and duels with Grevious for the second time during TCW. Adi gets her bit in as well. Anakin likes to take risks by coming out of hyperspace very close to Grevious’ ship. The droid controller ? doesn’t see the logic in losing an arm, why Anakin and Adi don’t realise the implications of this, I don’t know. I enjoyed the dialogue between Grievous and Obi-Wan.

The Deserter
    Excellent growth for Rex. Rex gets shot, meets a Deserter and learns some valuable lessons from Cut. The kids are too inquisitive for their own good. Meanwhile Grievous escapes again after a short duel with Obi-Wan, bringing their encounters up to 3. Rex won’t turn in Cut after aiding in saving his family after droids attack.

Lightsaber Lost
    Ahsoka has her lightsaber stolen from her. And doesn’t confide in her Master. Master Sinube is an interesting Jedi. He’s far too slow for Ahsoka but his way succeeds in the end. Ahsoka demonstrates some of the interrogative techniques that she has been learning from Anakin. A valuable lesson for Ahsoka is learnt. Also where did the Twi’lek male go who was sitting in the front of the train carriage when Ahsoka was trying to make a deal to trade herself? He’s there and suddenly he isn’t…

The Mandalore Plot
    Attack on a Republic cruiser leads Obi-Wan to investigate claims that the Duchess of Mandalore is secretly building an army to join the Separatist cause. It's very clear that Obi-Wan and Satine are close. Death Watch is discovered and its one of Satine's allies: Vizsla. Obi-Wan is captured and is nearly crushed to death, but obviously he has plot armour which means he is safe from any death. Obi-Wan fights Vizsla. Obi gets some good one liners in this one.

Voyage of Temptation
    Satine travels to Coruscant to plead her case to the Senate. Droids attack, Senator Merrick is a traitor. Satine declares her love for Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan says it back in a very roundabout way. Anakin kills Merrick Sith style: silent execution. Satine prefers Obi-Wan without a beard. Anakin has far too much fun teasing Obi-Wan about Satine.

Duchess of Mandalore
    Satine is framed for murder. Running is not the answer. Why didn't she just show the guards that her weapon wasn't really a weapon and incapable of killing someone? Obi-Wan helps to get the correct information to the Senate so that the Republic doesn't occupy Mandalore. Death Watch fail to get what they planned for.

I really find S2 has a consistent run of very good episodes. Up next Boba Fett revenge arc.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I enjoyed Voyage of Temptation. I liked Anakin catching on right away to the chemistry between Obi-Wan and Satine and teasing him about it, and Merric--well, he was going to blow up the ship.

hlc88 likes this.
  22. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I think the clones' armor in this show is basically made of soft plastic in this show; at least that's how they depict it based on how easily they fall over. I think the implication was that the clone died as soon as the beast swallowed him. And even if it wasn't, I doubt that Filoni intended to show that Fives killed another clone. No; the writers probably didn't even think about it. And besides, as AFS1983 said, it was either that or let the thing eat another clone.

23. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Remember that one time Akash posted a picture showing an Indy reference to the lost ark in the episode Liberty on Ryloth?

Well, I found a couple more:
    [​IMG]
    The Staff of Ra in The Gungan General.

[​IMG]
    A crystal skull in Wookiee Hunt.

24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I remember that. Remember that one time where this guy replied about the Staff of Ra about 10 posts later? Yeah, me neither. :p

Circular Logic likes this.
  25. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Well played, Todd the Force Ghost* (because that's totally your rank prior to the colors :p). I admit I didn't bother looking back at old posts following Akash's. But in any case, neither one of us was the first to mention either reference, truth be told. At least one other person mentioned it over two years ago in this post. However, I will mention that I was the first to post the actual pictures! Visual aids FTW!

*BTW did you get an alert that I tagged you? I'm wondering if renaming users in tags really works as intended.