main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    No alert. I was half-disappointed I didn't get an alert for tagging myself. :p
    And meh, everyone notices everything at one point or another. This is, after all, a franchise where they made a whole contest out of naming random background characters and such.

It's why there's a Wookieepedia page for literally everything. Yes, even stuff like the Ark and the staff. And breasts. Just thought I'd throw that out there (though it's slightly NSFW). :p

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Holy ****. [face_laugh]. "Non-mammalian species with breasts"? TMI.

And no separate page for the penis. I'm calling discrimination against heterosexual women.

3. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Death Trap
    Boba Fett wants revenge on Mace Windu and in the process of trying to take down one man endangers cadets, clones, and destroys an entire cruiser. Boba clearly struggles with the concept of killing anyone. I liked seeing a few of the cadets try to shoot things in space and Boba outmatches them all, despite the fact that they've had training for this and he - probably - hasn't.

R2 Come Home
    Mace and Anakin examine the downed Republic Cruiser. Jango Fett's helmet explodes, trapping them. R2 has to save the day. Went on a bit long. R2 manages to out-smart Slave 1. Anakin and Windu are rescued at the last minute. Boba still has hostages. Probably an unneeded episode in this arc.

Lethal Trackdown
    Ahsoka and Plo Koon take over from here. Ahsoka cannot be subtle. But does succeed in learning about where Aurra Sing must be. Boba is captured and Hondo talks about honour and how it is what his father would have wanted for him to do to reveal the hostages location. Aurra Sing tries to escape and Ahsoka basically carves Slave 1 to bits. Boba is sent to jail though he knows he did terrible things but he will never forgive Windu. Possibly a lesson in forgiveness is the moral of this arc... and what revenge can do to you or what it can turn you into.

- - - -

On another note, revenge seems to be a prominent theme throughout TCW.

Next up... some S3 episodes that I'm not particularly fond of: Corruption, The Academy and Assassin.

4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I think the best of those Assassin easily. Force-visions FTW!

hlc88 likes this.
  5. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    For sure. Not very popular, but many positive qualities: a personal scene with Yoda talking about Force visions, Jocasta (I like her), normal (non-war) assignment for Ahsoka, Leia's theme, Alderaan (FINALLY!), and Aura. What I enjoyed most was Aura's performance at the end. She's so delightfully evil, like Elle Driver. They put a lot of attitude in the animation, and I liked the delivery of certain lines.
    "Well, a girl's got to make a living."
    "Hahaha. Honey, this isn't about your cause. This is about revenge."

6. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    'Assassin' has got a lot of good aspects, yes, but I still feel it's one of the dullest episodes of the series.

cwustudent likes this.
  7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    But it's one of the top mediocre episodes. :D

Plus it has John Williams' Yoda motif (talking to Ahsoka) and Leia's Ep. IV motif (landing on Alderaan). It probably helps that the Force is my favorite thing in Star Wars.

8. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Corruption
    Padme visits Mandalore. Discovers that tea is being poisoned. This episode would have been better if it had been something better then tea. God knows what though.

The Academy
    Ahsoka is tasked with teaching children about corruption. She is an odd choice but I suppose it helps to advance her and how she may be trusted for some smaller assignments on her own. Of course the corruption stems down from the Prime Minister. A predictable choice.

Assassin
    Ahsoka has a vision about Padme being assassinated. Ahsoka goes with Padme to Alderaan. This episode has some good Ahsoka and Padme moments. Leia's theme is a welcome addition. And it is GREAT to see Alderaan. Aurra Sing has survived. Ahsoka manages to save Padme's life. Ahsoka's clues gives Padme a chance to identify the person who wants her dead. Ziro the Hutt falls into Ahsoka's trap. Not a bad episode, but not one of the best ones either.

9. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Speaking of the 'Corruption' episode, while it is about the good guys fighting the corruption involving the addition of the toxic chemical into the drinks to cut costs, isn't Satine ordering the guards to burn down the warehouse with it's evidence technically also a form of corruption?

Vialco likes this.
  10. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Good point... I didn't think of it that way. She's trying to hide the evidence... ensure it never existed in the first place... so Satine is showing that she is willing to get rid of evidence.... That is a very good point.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If I had to pick an episode when the show started going downhill, it would be Assassin.

That said, I didn't dislike Corruption as much as some did.

12. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    It started to go downhill during the movie.

13. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    While I respect Satine for holding her beliefs so strongly, the truth is that she was an idealistic fool.

She was holding onto a ridiculous fantasy, thinking that Mandalore could remain pacifistic and survive in a galaxy at war.

Her government was weak, ineffective, and very easily toppled as Maul and Death Watch proved.

Satine was an example of a character that is obsessed with following their beliefs to the point of being inflexible. It's not the first character TCW has portrayed as a rigid pacifist. Remember the Lurmen leader, Tee Wat Ka.

He too was inflexible and was only saved from destruction by the Jedi. Unfortunately, Satine was attacked by an enemy that even the Jedi could not defeat. It's a pity she couldn't adapt and survive a bit longer, as Darth Maul's actions awoke an evil far greater than his own, against which he stood no chance.

14. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Aurra was definitely my favourite part of the episode. Its a shame we never got to see more of her in the series after Assassin since she is such a fun villain. At least there's still the bonus material to look forward to.

15. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The worst thing about Aurra was her being nerfed by order of Lucas (no onscreen displays of Force powers) to prevent kids mixing her up with Ventress.

16. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    No offense to you personally, but I sure am glad He nixed that. Another EU idea I didn't like. The GFFA doesn't need two bald-ish, bad***, bounty-hunting beezies that were dumped by the Jedi Order.

17. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Did you capitalise Lucas' pronoun as if he was a deity....o_O

As for your point, Aurra was established as an ex-Jedi initiate long before Asajj, OOU.

Togruta likes this.
  18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    JackG are you suggesting that He, the Maker, Georg Lucas is not a diety? [face_hypnotized]

^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^
    ^:)^^:)^ [​IMG] ^:)^^:)^
    ^:)^^:)^ ^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^

19. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I used to swear that I saw a TV show or a game or something with Aurra attacking Bail Organa at the Jedi Temple following Order 66. No idea where that came from.

EDIT: i don't think i'm talking about the senate attack either... [face_thinking]

20. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    That happened in a book...but it wasn't Organa, it was Typho.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Coruscant Nights?

22. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Arc Troopers
    I get the impression that they didn't actually know where this episode should go. It feels that its in the wrong place however I think a good amount of time needs to have passed from Rookies before this episode can take place. Grievous and Ventress attack Kamino and succeed by allowing their ships to be destroyed. 99, the reject clone, has one final hour and dies doing what he should have done. Anakin fights Ventress and Obi-Wan has his 4th duel with Grievous. Echo and Fives help to defend several cadets with the help of Rex and Cody and as a result are promoted to Arc Troopers. Kamino is saved.

Sphere of Influence
    An unneeded episode. I have only one comment: when did Ahsoka become friends with Senator Chuchi? It seems a bit strange... but it does serve her character arc by having her undertake another mission alone, especially after The Academy and Assassin as she has shown she is capable.

Up next: droid spars (WTH?), Senate attacks, and Quinlan Vos

23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, Spheres of Influence is pretty much bottom of the barrel for me, the only episodes I'd rate worse are probably the S5 droids arc, Bombad Jedi, and Evil Plans. At least Cloak of Darkness manages to be totally kick-ass while also being a bizarre unexplained Ahsoka team-up episode. This is just a crappy bizarre unexplained Ahsoka team-up episode.

24. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Re-watched Rookies after.. years? on toonami. Never did love it like a lot of people here seem to, but I did like it. I think a lot of the best parts were the ones with the clones just hanging out.

And the award for corniest ironic line goes to.. Obi-Wan. "Good man, that Cody."

pronker likes this.
  25. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I must be going crazy. :(